Click to Visit These Popular Posts

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT DIY Spring Tulip WreathCONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Pottery Barn Inspired Nest Place Card HoldersCONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Farmhouse Spring Porch 6CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Easy Flower Pot Wreath

12 June, 2021

Eight Ways to Get Farmhouse Summer Style

June has arrived and summer weather is definitely here in Georgia! It's time for me to start adding some summery accents to my home. I love the simplicity of farmhouse style because it just seems to lend itself to the ease and slower pace of our summer lifestyle. And the good news is that you don't have to spend a fortune to do it! I am sharing eight ways to create that look and still go easy on your budget!


 1. CREATE YOUR OWN CANDLESTICKS
Nothing says farmhouse like cows and these fun candlesticks were super easy to make! If you look closely, you'll see that they actually came from the toy aisle!

 2. ADD FRESH FRUIT AND RUSTIC ELEMENTS TO CREATE A CENTERPIECE
I love to keep fresh peaches within easy reach all summer. Simply stash them in a rustic wooden bowl, add a chunky white pitcher and flowers along with pretty napkins and...instant centerpiece! 

 3. ADD FUN FARMHOUSE WRAPPERS TO YOUR GUEST SOAPS
Summer seems to be the time that we have most of our visitors so I like to have a little fun surprise waiting for them. Just wrap your soaps in Kraft paper and add printouts of your favorite farm animals. You will find a nice selection of free vintage farm animal prints at THE GRAPHICS FAIRY.

 4. MAKE YOUR OWN TEA TOWELS
Having done a little canning, my thoughts go straight to summer when I see Mason jars...an iconic farmhouse image. If you can iron and you have a printer, you can make these super-easy tea towels!

And...I fell in love with these WISTERIA INSPIRED LINEN TEA TOWELS so I had to make my own. I love their rustic look and feel! And...I have found other uses for them as you will see!

 5. ADD A GRAIN SACK RUNNER TO YOUR TABLE
Nothing says farmhouse quite like grain sacks but my go-to summer table runner is actually made from vintage-look toweling...a much cheaper alternative!  And, as you can see, my linen tea towels are layered on as over-sized napkins!

 6. CREATE YOUR OWN GRAIN SACK FABRIC
You may have already discovered that grain sacks can be expensive...even grain sack fabric...so I tried my hand at making my own. It's easy and very inexpensive! :-) Just think pillows, napkins, tablecloths...the possibilities are endless!

 7. USE VINTAGE FARM ANIMAL PRINTS TO CREATE A PILLOW
This pillow has a little frenchy touch as well! I have to admit that it stays out year-round at my house! And the burlap piping adds lots of texture which I love!

8. ADD FLOWER POTS TO A SUMMERY FARMHOUSE WREATH
My favorite thing about this wreath...you can change the flowers to suit the seasons!  And it was easy and inexpensive to make...always a plus!

 9. USE RUSTIC CONTAINERS FOR YOUR PLANTS
I know I said eight but I couldn't stop myself! I love finding unusual containers for my flowers and plants. This FIXER UPPER CENTERPIECE  was inspired, of course, by Joanna Gaines.

And my SHABBY PICNIC BASKET PLANTER makes an appearance on my patio each summer, always filled with pink begonias. Baskets of any sort just say farmhouse to me!

There you have it! And each of these projects is inexpensive and easy to make as well to get you off and running on all those summer activities with friends and family. After all, that's the real fun of summer, isn't it? Enjoy!


 Also find me at…
Facebook Pinterest Twitter Hometalk Subscribe Email
Enter your email to have Plate Addict's blog posts delivered Delivered by FeedBurner
You may unsubscribe at any time by clicking on the link at the bottom of the email.
Click HERE to read my Privacy Policy.
Follow on Bloglovin

4 comments:

  1. Hi Debbie! I always love your posts and have made quite a few of your lovely projects. I need to make another French runner - I bleached my blue one accidentally. I can’t see the source you had originally recommended. Can you please tell me where her new site is?
    Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pam! So glad that you like it! I found another source. Just choose the blue and white stripe option.
      https://linenclosetdesigns.bigcartel.com/product/moda-toweling
      I hope that helps! ...Debbie

      Delete
  2. Great ideas! Love the sheep! Can you post some photos of how you've decorated your kitchen this way? thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nancy! So glad that you like it! You can find more photos of my kitchen in the topics under the header...
      https://confessionsofaplateaddict.blogspot.com/p/my-home.html

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I appreciate my wonderful readers!... Debbie