Click to Visit These Popular Posts

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT DIY Spring Tulip WreathCONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Pottery Barn Inspired Nest Place Card HoldersCONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Farmhouse Spring Porch 6CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Easy Flower Pot Wreath

10 April, 2014

A Spring Favorite...My Easy Flower Pot Wreath

It's really feeling like spring is finally here in Georgia, so I am adding a little bit of spring to my house with my easy-to-make flower pot wreath! It may just be my favorite project ever! I first showed it to you two years ago, but I love it so much that I decided to share it again just in case you are new to my blog and have not seen it. I love playing with flower pots for my spring and summer projects!

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Easy Flower Pot Wreath You might remember my whimsical little flower pot man with his creeping jenny hair! So it should come as no surprise that I decided to make him a wreath to match!

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Easy Flower Pot WreathI actually found the inspiration for the wreath at Bees Knees Bungalow. Jeanne’s wonderful photo of a wreath she spotted has been making the rounds at Pinterest! There is no tutorial, so I made up my own version. Here’s what you’ll need: a grapevine wreath, twine, scissors, Spanish moss, some floral foam, an assortment of faux flowers and greenery and terra cotta flower pots in assorted sizes.

pot sizes I got mine at Michaels (with a coupon for 20% off my entire purchase…yaaay!) I bought ten 1 ½ inch pots, five 2 ½ inch and five 3 inch pots.

step oneI started with the five largest pots and spaced them around the wreath, securing them with twine tied tightly on the back with a double knot. I suppose you could use wire, but I like the look of twine.

step two Then I filled in with the next size and then finally with the smallest pots. I tried really hard not to be too symmetrical…not easy for me! lol

step three Next, I carefully flipped it over and cut all the ties on the back to a length that would remain secure but would not show from the front.

stop four Then I cut a piece of the floral foam and fitted it into the five largest pots. This will hold the faux flowers in place.

step fiveI filled in the pots with the flowers and added some greenery and Spanish moss. The flowers I chose are faux Queen Anne’s lace in shades of purple. I like the contrast of the purple with the grey-green plants and the grey Spanish moss.  

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Easy Flower Pot Wreath And finally...taaa daaa! I suppose you could use real plants, but they wouldn’t last very long on my sunny front porch. And just a note…it’s heavy, so be sure you hang it securely.

Here's how it looks on my front door! I used a metal over-the-door wreath hanger and attached the wreath with wire. I love it…such a fun and festive welcome for my visitors!

bk Now Baby Kitty wants to know when I am going to make a flower pot kitty! Hmmm…I guess I’ll be searching Pinterest for my next inspiration!

And just in case you are looking for another fun and super easy idea for flower pots, here are my chalkboard flower pots!  They make a great gift since you can add the greeting that suits the occasion. I love this idea for hostess or end-of-the-year teacher gifts...or maybe just a sweet little reminder to someone that they are special!

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed my easy flower pot wreath! Please visit these wonderful bloggers and their beautiful blogs to see what they are up to and to find a list of this week’s participants!
Under the Table and Dreaming for the Sunday Showcase Party ,Thrifty Decor Chick for Before and After Monday,  Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday , The Stories of A2Z for Tutorials and Tips Tuesday , Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday , A Stroll thru Life for Inspire Me Tuesday , My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia for Inspire Me Monday, Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays , The Shabby Creek Cottage for Transformation Thursdays , No Minimalist Here for the Open House Party on Thursdays, French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday , Common Ground for Be Inspired on Fridays , The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday , Craftberry Bush for the Inspiration Gallery on Friday
See you next time! À la prochaine!
Also find me at…
Facebook Pinterest Twitter Hometalk Subscribe Email

Enter your email to have Plate Addict's blog posts delivered to your inbox


Delivered by FeedBurner

Follow on Bloglovin

Be sure to pin it!

14 comments:

  1. I just love that wreath. I bet it is heavy with all those pots. Yay, beautiful weather this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie, this is darling. Love your little man flower pot and this wreath is the cutest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really like your wreath Debbie. Thanks so much for the great DIY and have a great weekend.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just gorgeous! :) Love it ! And the kitty too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is the cutest idea I've seen for a wreath in a long time! NICE job :) love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your wreath!! I don't have a covered porch, my front door is exposed to the weather, so I not sure I could hang it there. but since you gave such a nice tutorial, I feel the need to try this for somewhere!!! Maybe even as a gift. Thanks for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, Debbie! I just love love love this wreath! It sings spring. How creative!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it Debbie, I have seen several similar ones but yours is the best! Great tutorial too, thanks
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this wreath! You did a great job - thanks for sharing how you made it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is one of my favorite projects. I am playing catch up and PINNING for certain.

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never seen Queen Anne's Lace in purples, your flower pot wreath is gorgeous in all the different sizes of pots. Have a wonderful Easter Week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cool! Love the colors. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this...I'm going to make it!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I appreciate my wonderful readers!... Debbie