Click to Visit These Popular Posts

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT DIY Spring Tulip WreathCONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Pottery Barn Inspired Nest Place Card HoldersCONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Farmhouse Spring Porch 6CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Easy Flower Pot Wreath

31 March, 2013

A Fun and Versatile Gift Idea...Chalkboard Flower Pots

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Chalkboard Flower PotsI am excited to show you my latest project…my chalkboard flower pots! I am invited to two special events this weekend and have been looking for little gifts to offer. Now I think I have found just the thing! They are fun and easy to make and…best of all…are really versatile!

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Supplies Here’s all you need…clay flower pots, 3x5 note card as a template, chalkboard paint, painter’s tape and ribbon to finish them off!

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Chalkboard Flower Pot Tutorial
And here’s what you do:
  1. Position the 3x5 card on the pot, secure with tape and trace around it with a pencil.
  2. Remove the card and use painter’s tape to mark off the pencil lines.
  3. Paint with chalkboard paint. I used two coats and that seemed to be enough.  Remove the tape when the paint has had time to dry.
  4. Add a seasonal phrase with chalk and finish with ribbon, securing it with hot glue. I used burlap ribbon so that it could go with any time of year.

StaffThe staff was really excited about this project and had lots of suggestions! For spring, we popped in tulips and wrote a springy message. For fall, you could substitute mums or for Christmas, a poinsettia and change the message to one more appropriate for the season. It will be fun to see how many ways they can be used!

TulipsAnd we just have to give you a little peek at the inside of the tulips…aren’t they gorgeous? They just look like spring going somewhere to happen!

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Chalkboard Flower Pots2Here’s a final peek. I think I am going to make some more and keep them on hand for “just in case.” You may be seeing more of these little guys showing up all year long!

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed a little peek at my chalkboard flower pots! Please visit these wonderful bloggers and their beautiful blogs to see what they are up to and to find a list of this week’s participants!
Under the Table and Dreaming for the Sunday Showcase Party , Thrifty Decor Chick for Before and After Monday , Boogieboard Cottage for Masterpiece Monday , Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday , The Stories of A2Z for Tutorials and Tips Tuesday , Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday , A Stroll thru Life for Tabletop Tuesday , Cedar Hill Ranch for The Scoop on Tuesdays , My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia for Tuesday's Treasures , Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays , DIY by Design for Swing into Spring , The Shabby Creek Cottage for Transformation Thursdays , No Minimalist Here for the Open House Party on Thursdays , Stone Gable for Tutorials, Tips and Tidbits on Thursdays , My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday , French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday , Common Ground for Be Inspired on Fridays , The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday , Craftberry Bush for the Inspiration Gallery on Friday , Funky Junk Interiors for Saturday Nite Special
See you next time! À la prochaine!

Also find me at…
Facebook Pinterest Twitter Hometalk Subscribe Email

Enter your email to have Plate Addict's blog posts delivered


Delivered by FeedBurner

Follow on Bloglovin

33 comments:

  1. Happy Easter....darling idea. Should have done that for my daughter today for Easter...next year!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute and love the red tulips.
    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this idea! I've got the paint, just need some pots.

    Smiles,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful!
    Perfect vision of Spring.
    :)

    Happy Easter Debbie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pots look great! Good to see the Staff approves:@)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Debbie,
    Another clever idea to span the Seasons!!!
    The tulips really are calling to me that Spring has finally arrived!!!
    Love the Staff's suggestions to use them for other times and events!!!
    The Bradford Pear Trees have begun to blossom here on the Prairie,
    as has our ornamental Plum Tree!!! Such a pretty sight to behold!
    Thanks for sharing another way to decorate with chalkboards!!!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea! Thanks so much for sharing the post. I see your staff is helping you out.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a great idea! Excellent for gift giving, Debbie. Hope you are having a beautiful day.
    Can you tell me how you added the feature "Catch Up On Recent Posts"? For some reason my blog isn't updating on sidebars. Several friends have written to tell me, I've sent a note to Blogger, but doubt I get any response. Thanks for the help.
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sarah! Thanks for your sweet comment! I have emailed you the link to the recent posts widget. I hope that helps! Hugs...Debbie

      Delete
  9. Debbie - Those are so cute and so versatile! Thanks for sharing.

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Debbie what a great idea and such a wonderful hostess gift. Can be used for so many seasons.
    thanks for sharing!
    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  11. Crazy pretty! Chalk is the thing. I love it!
    I would love if you link this to my party:
    http://lechateaudesfleurs.blogspot.com/2013/03/paper-crafts-projects-and-link-party.html
    XOXO
    Isabelle

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm always looking for new ideas for clay pots. They came out great and are so pretty with the tulips.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Even something as simple as this you make look so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  14. These pots are so cute, I love this idea. A friend is in the hospital this week- this would be the perfect little gift to brighten the day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Debbie,

    Very cute and the tulips looks great!

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great idea, Debbie! Perfect gift for any time of year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. So cute Deb! I have 3 white chalkboard pots that I use all the time. I always have one on my front porch and you are so right, the message can change with the seasons. Love that!
    xo Kathysue

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a cute idea, Debbie! I love it and it does make such a great hostess, birthday, teacher or whatever gift!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Debbie, I love this idea, both as a gift and one, or two for me. Since I am space challenged I love the idea of interchangeable projects.

    ReplyDelete
  20. They are gorgeous! Great idea and inspiration! I have a new weekly link party which is live now and I would love if you stop by and link up this wonderful post! Hope to see you there! http://mariaelenasdecor.blogspot.com/ Hugs, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love this idea! So easy, and I think I already have everything to make these. I love all your kitties! We just got a new kitten around Christmas, named Holly. :) I'm getting a post together about all the kitten products we've purchased, and Holly seemed to find her way into every pic. She kept wondering why I was taking pics of HER stuff. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Forgot to mention...I first learned about freekibblekat from your blog and I've been visiting that site daily since. I've learned so many interesting cat facts on there while donating free kibble! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous pots and flowers!!! Thanks for linking up, have a fabulous week.
    XO
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  24. Brilliant! Love to have a trio of those. Got my eye on your next posts.

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a wonderful idea! Great tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  26. They look great and would make lovely gifts! I love your chalkboard birds on a string too! I would love to have you share them at The Shady Porch! Blessings, D

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a beautiful idea! I pinned this to my Yard/Garden board and want to do this with my girls this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh! How cute this idea is. I really love it. And I want to give this idea a try. Thanks for including the steps on how to make it.
    SameDayFlower.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I appreciate my wonderful readers!... Debbie