Our CEO Ozzie loves this time of year, too. She’s no spring chicken, but in the last week she has been spotted chasing butterflies and even climbing a tree! It’s time to enjoy being outside!
Sooo…with that in mind, I have set up a cozy little corner on the patio for soaking in all of that fall atmosphere…even when the mornings are chilly. There are lots of comfy sweater pillows and a blanket or two to keep away the chill. I will be having my morning coffee out here every chance I get!
It’s also time to bring out the fire bowl with its pretty copper finish and get ready to gather around with the grandchildren to roast marshmallows and make S’mores! So much fun…I can’t wait!
And nothing says cozy like a fun sweater pillow! They are so easy and inexpensive to make!
Here's what you will do:
- Find an old sweater…mine came from Goodwill for under $5.00 and it’s cashmere!
- Cut it to the size of your pillow form.
- Stitch on three sides, pop in the form and hand-stitch closed. Goodwill is also a great source for the forms where you can even find the down-filled ones for under $3.00!
For a little added contrast and texture, just add a burlap or fabric rose…super easy to do!
- Start with a strip of fabric that is 2 inches wide and 36 inches long. You can make it shorter if you wish since the length determines the size of the rose. Fold the fabric in half lengthwise and tie a knot in one end.
- Next, begin twisting the folded strip, winding it around the knot as you go.
- Continue winding, occasionally securing the fabric with hot glue to hold it in place.
- Wind until your rose has reached the size that you want, then fold the fabric end under the rose and secure with hot glue.
Yes…that’s it! It’s almost time for the first fire of the season! Baby Kitty is also a huge fan as you can see from last year. Temperatures will be approaching freezing on Tuesday night and I have a feeling that you will find us in front of the fire getting cozy. Coziness…my favorite thing about fall! How about you? Do you love fall like I do? Have you had your first fire yet?
Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed a little peek at my project! Please visit these wonderful bloggers and their beautiful blogs to see what they are up to and to find a list of this week’s participants!
Under the Table and Dreaming for the Sunday Showcase Party
Thrifty Decor Chick for Before and After Monday
Boogieboard Cottage for Masterpiece Monday
Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday
The Stories of A2Z for Tutorials and Tips Tuesday
Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
A Stroll thru Life for Tabletop Tuesday
Cedar Hill Ranch for Cowgirl Up! on Tuesdays
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia for Tuesday's Treasures
Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays
DIY by Design for Fall into Fall
The Shabby Creek Cottage for Transformation Thursdays
No Minimalist Here for the Open House Party on Thursdays
Stone Gable for Tutorials. Tips and Tidbits on Thursdays
My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
2805 for Potpourri Friday
At the Picket Fence for Inspiration Friday
Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday
The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday
Craftberry Bush for Happy Hour on Saturdays
Funky Junk Interiors for Saturday Nite Special
The Everyday Home for the "Better Late than Never" Fall Party
See you next time! A la prochaine!
Want to see more?
Subscribe by email or in a reader
Also find Confessions of a Plate Addict on: