Click to Visit These Popular Posts

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT DIY Spring Tulip WreathCONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Pottery Barn Inspired Nest Place Card HoldersCONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Farmhouse Spring Porch 6CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Easy Flower Pot Wreath

03 May, 2015

DIY Farmhouse Candlesticks...from the Toy Aisle

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT DIY Farmhouse CandlesticksI love adding farm animals to my décor! There is just something so serene and peaceful about them! And…I have been eyeing some candlesticks made using them as a base at One Kings Lane. So the other day, while I was shopping in the toy aisle for my grandsons, an idea hit me…why not make my own? As it turns out, it was super easy and inexpensive!



Kitty with Supplies Miss Kitty is already liking this idea since she loves the color combo on the cows! ;-)
Here’s what you will need:
  • Toy farm animals (Mine came from Target on sale at $3.75 each. I have also seen them at Hobby Lobby.)
  • Wooden candle cups (Mine came from Hobby Lobby.)
  • White spray paint
  • Hot glue gun
  • Candles
And here’s what you will do:
  • Spray paint the animals and the candle cups
  • Hot glue the candle cup to the animal
Hint: I found it worked best to place the candle in the cup while gluing it on since it gave me something to hold and helped me to see that it was straight.

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT DIY Farmhouse Candlesticks4 And…taaa daaa!…here they are! Could it be any easier???

I added them to my latest vignette in the breakfast room. I am loving the little farmhouse touch that they add!

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Finding Farmhouse Style at WalmartAnd just in case you are looking for more ways to add that farmhouse touch without spending a lot of money, check out this post…Finding Farmhouse Style…at Walmart…for some fun and super inexpensive ides!

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT French Farmhouse Style...from Tractor SupplyAnd don’t forget that farmhouse-style accessories can be found almost anywhere if you look closely! Here’s another fun source… Finding French Farmhouse Style…at a Tractor Supply Store! Who knew?
How about you? Have you found any inexpensive sources for farmhouse-style décor?

Remember to pin it!


Thanks for stopping by! Please visit these wonderful bloggers and their beautiful blogs to see what they are up to and to find a list of this week’s participants. 
Under the Table and Dreaming for the Sunday Showcase Party , Thrifty Decor Chick for Before and After Monday , Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday , The Stories of A2Z for Tutorials and Tips Tuesday , Coastal Charm for the Show and Share Party , A Stroll thru Life for Inspire Me Tuesday , My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia for Inspire Me Monday, Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays , Common Ground for Share Your Style on Thursdays ,   French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday ,  The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday , Craftberry Bush for the Inspiration Gallery on Friday, Tatertots & Jello for the Link Party Palooza on Fridays
See you next time! À la prochaine!

Also find me at…
Facebook Pinterest Twitter Hometalk Subscribe Email

Enter your email to have Plate Addict's blog posts delivered


Delivered by FeedBurner

Follow on Bloglovin

28 comments:

  1. Love these Debbie! I have the ones from One Kings Lane but I love yours so much more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie, I think you are the best 'make it yourself' creative person I know!! You see something expensive and figure out a way to make it yourself and affordable! These are really cute, but Tiger would be wanting to play with them I think!
    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the all white!! You are so clever!! Will we be seeing some Sheep in the future? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are really, really cute, Debbie! They look perfect in your vignette too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! I've wanted to do this for the longest time but haven't seen any cute pigs:@) Yours turned out great-enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute idea! Glad Miss Kitty approves, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are crazy clever!!! Love them!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  8. Debbie, how clever! They candlestick cows look like they are ceramic and expensive. I love everything farm and cows too. Our neighbors have a large herd of cows and in the evening if I sit outside, I can hear them mooing over the windbreak. They are so adorable and have different "moos" depending on their needs. I get amused and chuckle as they carry on until they are either fed or milked. Love the candlesticks and a wonderful idea!!!! Thank you for sharing it with us all.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your candle stick holders so easy and yet they look really expensive, I like that. Your a genius! Thanks for sharing Jo

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great idea - love them ! ( I'd even like them in their original black and white form ! )
    Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are great!! Love the kitty in the first pic ;) Adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic idea!! Your candle sticks are such a unique and fun project! Thanks for sharing your creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  13. They are fabulous!!
    Cheers,
    Cindy
    www.edithandevelynvintage.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just to cute!! This clever idea that could be easily adapted for other animal themed tables ideas. Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. brilliant my friend! I'm hopping over from The scoop today Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your cow candles! Michael's has a whole display of animals too....It might be fun to try different ones. Very clever idea that worked out great! Pinned

    ReplyDelete
  17. Debbie, I love your cow-candlesticks! What a clever idea.

    ReplyDelete
  18. oh my. super super cute and clever. i need to go downstairs and check out the kids toy room.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I can't stress enough how cool and clever that is!
    Is Miss Kitty a project manager? ;)
    I hope you will share your post with our Link Up - Idea box:
    http://milaslittlethings.com/2015/05/idea-box-thursday-link-party-9.html

    xx
    Mila

    ReplyDelete
  20. How cute and clever these are! I love how your cow candle holders turned out!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Loved this! Think I am stealing this and trying sheep versions for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  22. So stinkin' cuuuute! Love this so much, I've got to do it. You're so clever. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Debbie, you are so clever! I love your frugality in being able to copy things that are so much more costly on the first line market!

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a wonderful and very clever idea! The candlesticks turned out so well! Very pretty! ~Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  25. Darling idea, Debbie! I have a case of bovine love!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great and original idea!!! Opens a whole new area of ideas for candlesticks! ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I appreciate my wonderful readers!... Debbie