Click to Visit These Popular Posts

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT DIY Spring Tulip WreathCONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Pottery Barn Inspired Nest Place Card HoldersCONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Farmhouse Spring Porch 6CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Easy Flower Pot Wreath

27 February, 2020

6 Ways to Get Farmhouse Spring Style

I know, I know...it's still February and some of you are still dealing with winter weather...but we are having a beautiful day after weeks of rain here in Georgia, the trees are showing tiny leaves and I am dreaming about spring! And you can have spring indoors already if you wish! For me, just give it a little farmhouse spin and it's perfect! Sooo...I thought I would share a few ideas for adding some farmhouse spring touches to your home using what you may already have on hand, some super-easy DIYs and a few inexpensive additions.

1. Add some touches of galvanized metal
Nothing says “farmhouse” to me more than galvanized metal…and luckily enough, it’s also very inexpensive! In the last few years, its growing popularity has made it even more available and reasonably priced. And don’t forget that a farm supply store can also be a great source! I love the patina that it adds, too, as with my Farmhouse Spring Porch. Just throw in some pretty tulips and a basket of eggs and you are good to go. See the full porch here.

2. Fun throw pillows add layers
2. Fun throw pillows add layers
I love changing my throw pillows with the seasons and the holidays! Drop cloth makes a fun backdrop for farmhouse style, as with my Ballard Inspired French Bunny Pillow. (You know if I am talking about farmhouse style, I have to add a few frenchy elements as well!) And as always, the free graphic is included.

3. Pull out your white dishes and ironstone
Something about the simplicity of white dishes just says “farmhouse” to me! I love using them in a centerpiece, accented with vintage flatware and springy flowers. You can see more of my Cherry Blossoms and Vintage Ironstone centerpiece here.

4. Add a few chalkboards
Chalkboards have a sort of rustic charm that really complements farmhouse style. And with chalkboard paint, you can turn just about anything into a chalkboard and make it almost any shape! My Chalkboard Birds on a String add a whimsical spring touch to your farmhouse décor...and they are easy, inexpensive and fun to make!

5. Play with flower pots
Gardening elements and farmhouse style go hand in hand and flower pots really set the tone! Think outside of the box and use them to create a rustic Flower Pot Wreath. It's easy to make! All you have to do is follow the step-by-step instructions found here.

6. Wrap it in burlap
The nubby texture and rustic charm of burlap have made it a very popular fabric the last few years. It can be used in many ways...wreaths, pillow covers, table runners...but perhaps the simplest is to use it to wrap Dollar Tree finds to create farmhouse style vases for spring flowers! You will find the easy-to-follow directions here.

My beautiful co-host Miss Kitty says that it doesn’t take a lot of money or time to add a rustic farmhouse feel to your spring décor! We hope you’ll try out some of our ideas and let us know what you think!

Also find me at…
Facebook Pinterest Twitter Hometalk Subscribe Email
Enter your email to have Plate Addict's blog posts delivered Delivered by FeedBurner
Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I appreciate my wonderful readers!... Debbie