Click to Visit These Popular Posts

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT DIY Spring Tulip WreathCONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Pottery Barn Inspired Nest Place Card HoldersCONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Farmhouse Spring Porch 6CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Easy Flower Pot Wreath

19 March, 2013

Fun Spring Project...Chalkboard Birds on a String

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Chalkboard Birds on a String In honor of the arrival of spring, I have a very inexpensive and fun project for you today…my chalkboard birds on a string! I was inspired by a little something that I saw at World Market…and although theirs is reasonably priced, I knew I could do better since mine was free!!

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Chalkboard Birds Tutorial
  1. I started with a bird pattern that I found at the Paper Seed, using only two of the birds and enlarging them a little. Next I used a box cutter (Be very careful!) and cut out the pattern that I had traced on to some corrugated cardboard…courtesy of a box I that had on hand.
  2. After cutting out all of my birds, I laid them out in the pattern that I wanted and punched two holes in each one to allow for the twine that would be added.
  3. Next, I painted them with two coats of chalkboard paint, letting them dry in between. (You may notice that I was carefully supervised by our lovely CEO Miss Ozzie!)
  4. Finally, I strung the birds on a piece of jute twine and added the word S*P*R*I*N*G.

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Chalkboard Birds on a String2 And…taaa daaa! I love it! What a fun little addition to my spring decor!

KITTY And now my little co-host Miss Kitty has a question for you…can you think of any more six letter words that I can use that will go along with my chalkboard birds on a string? Hmmm…SUMMER? Any more?

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed a little peek at my project! Please visit these wonderful bloggers and their beautiful blogs to see what they are up to and to find a list of this week’s participants!
Under the Table and Dreaming for the Sunday Showcase Party , Thrifty Decor Chick for Before and After Monday , Boogieboard Cottage for Masterpiece Monday , Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday , The Stories of A2Z for Tutorials and Tips Tuesday , Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday , A Stroll thru Life for Tabletop Tuesday , Cedar Hill Ranch for The Scoop on Tuesdays , My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia for Tuesday's Treasures , Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays , DIY by Design for Winter Blues Wednesday , The Shabby Creek Cottage for Transformation Thursdays , No Minimalist Here for the Open House Party on Thursdays , Stone Gable for Tutorials, Tips and Tidbits on Thursdays , My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday , French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday , Common Ground for Be Inspired on Fridays , The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday , Craftberry Bush for the Inspiration Gallery on Friday , Funky Junk Interiors for Saturday Nite Special , French Country Cottage for It's a Spring Thing Linky Party
See you next time! À la prochaine!

Also find me at…
Facebook Pinterest Twitter Hometalk Subscribe Email

Enter your email to have Plate Addict's blog posts delivered


Delivered by FeedBurner

Follow on Bloglovin

32 comments:

  1. Thank goodness Ozzie and Miss Kitty were there to supervise! They know their birds! :)
    I am going to do this with Gracie tomorrow, my friend! Thank you!

    xo

    Andie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea and look at the wonderful help you had with Ozzie and Miss Kitty. I really like the birds on a string project.
    Thanks so much fr sharing.
    Have a wonderful week.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that is SUPER CUTE!!! I just might have to make me one (if I get time) -- as for another six letter word -- how about "Autumn?"

    ReplyDelete
  4. How sweet and simple, Debbie! Your banner is adorable. :-) Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clever bird on string for spring! Nice job, Debbie :)

    Thank you for sharing with the rest of the world! Always great to see creative minds at work. :)

    Visiting from WOW Us Wednesday @ Savvy Southern Style linky party
    Smiles,
    Suz @MaytagNMom
    NW Illinois
    Link To My Party Project This Week

    ReplyDelete
  6. love this you clever thing you.....You need your own HGTV crafts show....

    ReplyDelete
  7. ♥♥♥ the little birds and in black and white no less!! How about BLOOM! Fun part is you can add more birds for more words!!
    KATHYSUE

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how these sweet birds turned out!

    Jenny
    www.simcoestreet.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are just too cute! I could do this! I can't wait to get home and have some time to craft!

    ReplyDelete
  10. They're darling!! 6 letters: GARDEN, EASTER, JOYFUL

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh, I love these, Debbie! Hmm,, more six letter words: Miss Kitty may be thinking Dinner! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Miss Kitty and I both love the birds on a string.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Chalkboard paint is one of my weaknesses and I love to see it used in any project. Your wonderful little bird garland is no exception. It is quite simply wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is adorable...love it. Love chalk board paint! would love it if came by and shared your birds on a string...http://www.onemoretimeevents.com/2013/03/share-it-one-more-time-and-linky-party_17.html. Hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Questi uccellini lavagna sono BEAUTIFUL!!!
    Ciao Lieta

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love, love your idea! Your webmaster seems to love it as well... Of course, how wouldn't he love birds!

    ReplyDelete
  17. How about these 6-letter words: jardin or mouche ("fly" in French). I think both of those would be so appropriate for you!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Simplicity at its' best. Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I saw one of these bird garlands for $30! Love yours; free is better!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very nice! I love seeing how you were able to incorporate the bird stencils into your own design. And I can totally relate to the title "Confessions of a Plate Addict." I worked at Pottery Barn for a few years while in college and had boatloads of dinnerware and other accessories by the end! I'm so glad I saw this. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. They are sweet looking! Bet you could frame some of those bird sillouettes maybe?? So cute. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  22. Definitely "ta-da!" worthy. I love the contrast and the cuteness of the birds and the lettering.
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  23. Always love your projects Debbie and these are no exception! So sweet and unique. Thank you for sharing at the It's A Spring Thing Party!
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  24. Debbie, that is adorable! I love it! Thank you for joining me at Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love it! Must make me one. How about NEST with a little sketched egg on bird 1 and 6? In case you need more ideas. lol!
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love this! Always love your ideas! How about a humming bird and use "HUMMER"?
    Mary Helen

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh my love love the bird spring banner and thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  28. That is just adorable! Thank you for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  29. How about FALL with leaves on the outside birds. Winter with a snowflake???? Snowman?? Penguin? Cute idea. Can't wait to make one.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I appreciate my wonderful readers!... Debbie