Click to Visit These Popular Posts

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT DIY Spring Tulip WreathCONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Pottery Barn Inspired Nest Place Card HoldersCONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Farmhouse Spring Porch 6CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Easy Flower Pot Wreath

21 February, 2020

A Little Early Spring Antiquing

There are definitely a few sign of spring's imminent arrival here in Georgia...the redbud trees are blooming and the robins have returned. So it's time for a trip to my favorite antiquing spot...the Queen of Hearts Antiques and Interiors in Alpharetta, Georgia where I am sure to find touches of spring for my home!


You know there will be bunnies...like this fun bunny feed sack pillow...

...and this fuzzy bunny throw pillow, complete with tails!

And of course there are carrots...sometimes sitting in a springy nest...

...or boxed and ready to be displayed produce market style! Note that they have already attracted several bunnies. :-)

I also spied touches of spring on this pretty pillow decorated with embroidered violets. (Can you tell I am a pillow fan?)

But I also found some wonderful all-year-round treasures...like these Staffordshire-style dogs in a pose I had not seen before.

But this little guy stopped me in my tracks with a flashback to my childhood! My grandmother had this same doorstop. It brought back some wonderful memories! It propped open the door to her covered back porch where she stored her canned goods and garden seeds. That familiar smell popped into my head as though I were standing there. Has that ever happened to you?

And I had to linger over this Dutch couple as well. Can you tell how large they are...with original paint, too! Such treasures! My grandmother had a much smaller pair as her salt and pepper shakers.

You know I can't take you for a visit here without sharing at least one tureen! I liked the unusual color of this one...reminding me of a fruity Wedgwood piece.

And, of course, I have to share some ironstone! I like the way these are displayed...on a large French bottle drying rack!

And I found more vintage ironstone pitchers and, of course, my favorites...blue and white plates in classic Blue Willow and flow blue. :-) They make my heart happy!

We swing by this dealer's booth last...a sort of dessert...because he has wonderful French antique pieces! I was not disappointed this time because he had this fabulous antique French estanier provencal, which would have hung on the wall and held pewter goblets and plates. You can get a peek at another one that I found here..

And I had to stop and admire this wonderful vaisselier...an antique French hutch...in a beautiful wood and filled with lots of vintage French plates!

But now...hang on to your hats!

It's transferware lovers heaven! It's been a while since I've shared a peek at this dealer's booth...filled with transferware in every color!

And this is just a portion of it! :-)

Now I need to head home and start bringing a little spring into my home! It may help to chase away my rainy day blues since we have been inundated lately! How about you? Have you started adding some springy touches yet?

Remember to pin it!


Also find me at…
Facebook Pinterest Twitter Hometalk Subscribe Email

Enter your email to have Plate Addict's blog posts delivered


Delivered by FeedBurner

Follow on Bloglovin

3 comments:

  1. Spring hasn’t sprung in Tulsa yet, except for my allergy eyes, but it hasn’t stopped me from bringing yellow into my blue and white cottage. I start with pillows, add some tulips and the bunnies will visit soon. Thanks for the inspirational shopping. I must visit there someday. 💙💛💙

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie,
    C`est Magnifique! is the fabulous antique French estanier provencal!
    I do not think I could have left that lovely piece behind!
    i've been bringing back a bit of blue to my dining room
    and the booth full of blue transferware and plates had me swooning!
    Yes! I, too, am adding Touches of Green for Spring within my home design.
    Thank you for always inspiring!
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for the peek at Queen of Hearts and one of the things I miss most about not living in GA anymore! I worked at a bank just right down the street in Midway so this was a frequent lunch diversion for me during stressful days along with Millie Huckabay's in Crab Apple.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I appreciate my wonderful readers!... Debbie