I spied these burlap-wrapped vases in the Pottery Barn spring online catalog and fell in love! I think you are actually supposed to be looking at the faux tulips, but those fun vases caught my eye! And…I knew they would be inexpensive and super-easy to do as well!
Here is what you will need:
- Cylindrical glass vases (Mine came from Dollar Tree)
- Burlap remnants
- Jute twine
- Hot glue gun
- Flowers or plants
- Sphagnum moss
- Measure your vase (Mine were 7 1/2 inches tall and 11 inches in circumference)
- Cut a piece of burlap as tall as your vase and one inch wider that the circumference. ( I cut mine at 7 1/2 “ x 12”)
- If you are using a potted plant, it is best to go ahead and place it in the vase at this point. Add a little sphagnum moss to the top of the vase to hide the dirt.
- Remove some of the threads from the top and bottom of the burlap to create fringe
- Fold the top section of the burlap down about an inch and press in place
- Wrap the burlap around the vase and secure with straight pins
- Hot glue the burlap in place where the edges cross over in the back. Use only a small amount in 3 or 4 places and be certain to wiggle the burlap to make sure it is not attached to the vase. You can then remove the burlap wrappers and reuse the vases if you wish.
- Wrap a length of jute twine around the vase several times and tie it off.
And here they are…love them! Total cost of the project…$3.00 for the flowers since I already had everything else in my stash! Gotta love that!
I added them to a blue and white platter on my dining room table to keep a little bit of spring in my home when the temperatures drop again this week.
And just in case you are in the mood for a few more easy and inexpensive spring projects, here are my chalkboard birds on a string…love them!
Or how about my easy and almost free spring wreath! Nothing says spring like a little nest and a sprig of dogwood!
We are all anxiously awaiting the arrival of spring in a few weeks...especially Baby Kitty, who is ready to chase a few lizards and munch on some fresh catnip. Ahhh! How about you? What are you looking forward to?
Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed seeing my Pottery Barn inspired burlap-wrapped vases! Please visit these wonderful bloggers and their beautiful blogs to see what they are up to and to find a list of this week’s participants!
Under the Table and Dreaming for the Sunday Showcase Party ,Thrifty Decor Chick for Before and After Monday, Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday , The Stories of A2Z for Tutorials and Tips Tuesday , Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday , A Stroll thru Life for Inspire Me Tuesday , My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia for Tuesday's Treasures, Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays , The Shabby Creek Cottage for Transformation Thursdays , No Minimalist Here for the Open House Party on Thursdays, French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday , Common Ground for Be Inspired on Fridays , The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday , Craftberry Bush for the Inspiration Gallery on Friday
See you next time! À la prochaine!
Also find me at…