Click to Visit These Popular Posts

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT DIY Spring Tulip WreathCONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Pottery Barn Inspired Nest Place Card HoldersCONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Farmhouse Spring Porch 6CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Easy Flower Pot Wreath

31 May, 2015

Five Ways to Bring Provence into Your Home

I am excited because it's time for our Country French design group's monthly share! I always love seeing what my fellow francophiles have to show us. And this time I am sharing something very close to my heart...in fact my home is decorated around this notion...bringing the feel of Provence into your home!



A stay in this wonderful mas or farmhouse in the Luberon region of France...deep in Provence...left me with such a wonderful impression that I decided that I would turn my own home into my own little corner of Provence by collecting things that remind me of its warm, sunny colors.

For me, there are five elements that just say Provence, with its simple, rustic style and deep connection to the beautiful pastures and farmland around it. These are items which can be easily found or are inexpensive to make...perfect for adding the feel of Provence without spending a lot of money or making drastic changes to your home.

1. ROOSTERS I always smile when I see a rooster and think about the noisy neighbor that I had when I lived in France! The rooster is not only an iconic emblem of France but is also their national symbol! You'll find them throughout my home, including this DIY French ticking pillow. It sports a vintage Camembert label starring another very noisy fellow!

But perhaps my favorite is the one on this wonderful rooster chandelier in the breakfast room. I love the rough texture and the country charm!

2. SHEEP A simple pastoral landscape dotted with grazing sheep is a gentle reminder of another Provençal favorite of mine. I keep this one on my mantel most of the year...

...and this one graces my DIY vintage French sheep pillow. It's always tucked into my grandmother's old arm chair.

3. LAVENDER Of course, we cannot talk about Provence without mentioning lavender! It grows abundantly in that warm, sunny climate and is a must-buy in some form for every visitor. I used it in this easy-to-make lavender wreath...

...and this fun and super-easy homemade lavender goats milk soap. Just the smell takes me back to Provence!

4. SUNFLOWERS A visit to Provence should certainly include a long look at a field of glorious sunflowers! I have them on my table whenever possible, such as in this late summer centerpiece. And...the vase also sports a rooster! :-)

There are even sunflowers on my dinnerware...such as this wonderful Pistoulet bowl. You can see more here.

5. COLORFUL FABRICS And finally, a trip to Provence would not be complete without a visit to the street markets in the little villages and a chance to buy a colorful Provençal tablecloth or torchon made from fabrics of every color under the sun!

My favorite reminder of Provence is this wonderful tablecloth in my favorite color combination...blue and yellow... that is filled with more sunflowers!

Miss Kitty says that by adding these simple elements, you can evoke a feeling of a little trip to Provence...without spending a whole lot of money! Just click HERE if you would like a peek into my home where you will see more of these elements and how they fit into my décor.

And be sure to check out this fun GIVEAWAY...a copy of Monet's Palate Cookbook: The Artist and His Kitchen Garden at Giverny that has been signed by the author, filmmaker and writer Aileen Bordman. It contains 60 beautifully photographed recipes linked to Monet's two-acre kitchen garden  and his cooking journals, as well as a look at his beautiful home and gardens in Giverny. You can enter by clicking HERE.

And head over to see what my fellow francophiles have to share this month!

IMG_0041
IMG_9734

country-French-dough-bowl
CEDAR HILL FARMHOUSE

 Remember to pin it!


Thanks for stopping by! Please visit these wonderful bloggers and their beautiful blogs to see what they are up to and to find a list of this week’s participants. 
Under the Table and Dreaming for the Sunday Showcase Party , Thrifty Decor Chick for Before and After Monday , Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday , The Stories of A2Z for Tutorials and Tips Tuesday , Coastal Charm for the Show and Share Party , A Stroll thru Life for Inspire Me Tuesday , My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia for Inspire Me Monday, Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays , Common Ground for Share Your Style on Thursdays ,   French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday ,  The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday , Craftberry Bush for the Inspiration Gallery on Friday, Tatertots & Jello for the Link Party Palooza on Fridays
See you next time! À la prochaine!


Also find me at…
Facebook Pinterest Twitter Hometalk Subscribe Email
Enter your email to have Plate Addict's blog posts delivered Delivered by FeedBurner
Follow on Bloglovin

18 comments:

  1. Such a fun post, all so beautiful. I love roosters as well...and sheep...and gently grazing cows...and bunnies, always fun to pop over and see what you have going here. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all of your Country French touches in your home...I must say that I am more of a "sheep" girl...Love your lavender wreath Debbie....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debbie,
    Your home is lovely with all your Provence inspired decor, dear friend!!!
    Miss Kitty is looking "purr"~fect as your co~hostess today!!!
    Here on the Prairie, we grow Sunflowers and lavendar!!!
    Thank you for sharing all your gorgeous accessories with us!!!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all the sheep stuff! I like your rooster chandelier. And I agree, French country isn't complete without lavender!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Deb, you have captured the true essence of Provence. You know exactly what is true Provencal decor and you have nailed it in your lovely home. I love when you show and teach us about France. So many have labeled certain elements French her in America, that truly are not, but you my dear friend are a TRUE Franconphile.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the style and colors of Provence and would love to visit someday. These are five great tips.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a great post- love with that charming sheep pillow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post! I think I can check off each one on your list. '-)
    We've spent time in Provence three different times, and most recently last September. It's always a treat!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love sheep too but unfortunately I never see any here in the shops. Lots of them are grazing about in the meadows but that's it. I guess everyone is looking for sheep these days. Now roosters, I have several. Colourful fabrics in my home are red and white toile and checks. And I do have some lavender tucked into pouches. My son brought me back a lovely cake of lavender soap from Provence when he was there a couple of years ago. You have a most inviting home! Thanks for sharing and Happy June!

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved this post - though I've been to Paris many many times - I've never been to Provence - however the decor of Provence is popular in the great city as well - the little hotel we stayed in was decorated in this style -
    I adore your lavender wreath - it's gorgeous !
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful! Every month I eagerly wait for the beautiful Provencal decor throughout your home, Debbie! I absolutely love that gorgeous tablecloth of yours and each time I see you using it, I fall in love with it all over again...so vibrantly beautiful! I adore all the adorable roosters in your home......love how you add the romance of Provence to your home:) Happy week! Hugs, Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh how I love Provence aussi. I lived and studied in Provence. My French family created a lovely apartment for my roommate and I. I love your blue and yellow tablecloth! I did a post about a Provencal table several months ago.
    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a beautiful post! I love the vibrant colors.....the sunflowers, gorge! What a beautiful trip it must have been!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I enjoyed my time in Provence as well. I always have lavender in my garden - and I always have some dried lavender in vases throughout my home. I adore the wonderful fabrics from the markets and shops in Provence. Like you, my favorite combo is blue and yellow. My room has this color combo and I have many table linens with these colors. Finally, sunflowers have ALWAYS been my favorite flower. I guess I was meant to LOVE Provence. :)
    Best,
    Michelle from simplysantabarbara.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great post….French Country style is casual, elegant and colorful! I love Provence, and your home could be right there. The colors, the fabrics, gorgeous! Thanks for sharing all your special pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So beautiful and inspiring! Love all your french touches through out your home!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm in the process of updating my french country/vintagey kitchen. Thanks for the tips! LOVE the sheep :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I appreciate my wonderful readers!... Debbie