Click to Visit These Popular Posts

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT DIY Spring Tulip WreathCONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Pottery Barn Inspired Nest Place Card HoldersCONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Farmhouse Spring Porch 6CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Easy Flower Pot Wreath

18 September, 2021

White Pumpkins and Oak Leaves Fall Mantel

Now that it's almost officially fall, I am excited to share this year's mantel starring white pumpkins, a garland of oak leaves and a simple cotton boll wreath. I am finding myself drawn to lots of texture and natural elements and I have to say that this mantel really fills the bill in that department!


I started with an oak leaf garland and added three faux pumpkins that I had spray painted several years ago and re-painted this year with white chalk paint.

I really like the way the chalk paint gives them a natural-looking finish! I'll be using it from now on for any pumpkins that I decide to paint!

I kept the three plates that usually decorate my fireplace since I felt that they were a nice reflection of the three pumpkins. Next, I tied the cotton boll wreath to the mirror to give it a fuller look.

I added my favorite vintage-look galvanized lanterns at either end of the mantel, each holding a large white candle tied with twine and topped with a burlap bow.

I really like the soft look of the white pumpkins against the green of the oak garland!

And...did you notice? The garland even has over-sized acorns! Perfect!

The galvanized lanterns add a little extra glow to the mantel.

And here's a final look...soft, natural colors and lots of texture! This may be my new favorite fall mantel!


Remember to pin it!


Also find me at…
Facebook Pinterest Twitter Hometalk Subscribe Email
Enter your email to have Plate Addict's blog posts delivered Delivered by FeedBurner
Follow on Bloglovin

5 comments:

  1. It looks awesome !! I'm a huge fan of fall & neutral decor..... Where did you purchase the garland ? it's pretty realistic !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad that you like it! I found it at my favorite antique shop several years ago. I have seen them listed on Amazon, though.

      Delete
  2. Love your white pumpkins and the green of the oak leaf garland together. I find myself drawn toward the more subtle fall look this year with soft neutrals and no bright oranges or yellows. Thanks for your great inspiration! Your mantel is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! This year I am also doing more neutral colors for fall decorating. Guess I am craving "calm" with all that is going on in the world.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I appreciate my wonderful readers!... Debbie