1. Create a handmade rustic chalkboard using vintage yardsticks as your frame, then add a little fall greeting for your guests.
2. Add some hints of fall to a transitional centerpiece. Nothing says early fall to me like sunflowers and apples, so I corralled them both in a pretty basket for my dining room table.
3. Now while you have plenty of time before fall arrives, why not make a burlap table runner? I put mine out in early fall and it stays on my table well past Christmas into the winter months. You will find detailed instructions here.
4. If you love Mason jars like I do, these fun and easy Pottery Barn inspired fall candles will be just the thing for you! And no need to wait for acorns to fall since faux acorns are available right now in Hobby Lobby!
5. If you know me, you know I had to fit in a tea towel…and a snack! My no-sew fall fig tea towel is easy to make and goes really great with my favorite fall snack…figs and bleu cheese! ;-) You will find the instructions, plus the free graphic, by clicking here.
6. Head right on over to your local garden store and pick up some pretty mums to add a little hint of fall to your home. I am already seeing them at Home Depot and Lowes. Then just pop them in a tureen if you have one and they are good to go!
7. Now is the time to get started on making a dried corn garland for your front porch, while fresh corn is still plentiful and cheap and the weather is hot. It’s a fun addition to your fall decorations and it’s easy to make!
8. Create a fall arrangement with these fun pleated paper pumpkins. They are so easy that the kiddos can even help! Add some faux leaves and green apples and you are good to go until Thanksgiving with this one!
9. I told you that you didn’t need real pumpkins because we are going to make our own! My easy sweater pumpkins only take a few minutes and can be used year after year…win, win!
10. And finally…here’s another way to make your own pumpkins using…you guessed it…shirts! My no-sew shirt pumpkins are so easy that you can create a whole patch of pumpkins in no time flat!
Not quite ready for fall yet? Here are my favorite 10 things that you can do right now to get you in the mood! You’ll find a little bit of everything, from recipes to places to go and things to do to get your fall spirit on!
And although I have only just begun thinking about my fall decorations this year, you can get a peek from previous years in my fall home tour!
And stay tuned…I’ll be sharing my current fall decor in a few short weeks!
Remember to pin it!
Thanks for stopping by! Please visit these wonderful bloggers and their beautiful blogs to see what they are up to and to find a list of this week’s participants.
Under the Table and Dreaming for the Sunday Showcase Party , Thrifty Decor Chick for Before and After Monday , Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday , The Stories of A2Z for Tutorials and Tips Tuesday , Coastal Charm for the Show and Share Party , A Stroll thru Life for Inspire Me Tuesday , My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia for Inspire Me Monday, Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays , Common Ground for Share Your Style on Thursdays , French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday , The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday , Craftberry Bush for the Inspiration Gallery on Friday, Tatertots & Jello for the Link Party Palooza on Fridays
See you next time! À la prochaine!