Here’s all you need:
- A Mason jar…Did you know some brands of store-bought spaghetti sauce come in them? Free!
- A votive holder and candle…I have a supply of them from Dollar Tree.
- Picture hanging wire…I already had some on hand, but it can be bought at any hardware store
- A handful of acorns…Mine are faux. I found them on sale very inexpensively at Kohl’s last year, but you could always gather the real thing for free!
And here’s all you do:
- Twist a length of the picture wire around the mouth of the jar, making two loops at opposite sides and them twisting together at the back.
- Using a second length, make two more loops by threading the wire through the previous loops and twisting. This is the handle
- Slip the votive and candle inside. I found it easier (and less likely to break) to turn the jar sideways.
- Add the acorns.
Use a long mach to light the candles and voilà! I love the simple rustic look!
Miss Kitty has a suggestion. Not only are they great indoors..
…but they are fabulous outdoors as well! I love how they look hanging from the tree!
I am imagining lots of them twinkling in the evening as my family roasts marshmallows and makes S’mores around my fire bowl! (You can see more of my cozy fall patio and a tutorial for the sweater pillows and burlap rose here.)
Hmmm…I’d better start eating lots of spaghetti for those free jars! lol What about you? Have discovered some fun things to do with Mason jars?
Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed a little peek at my project! Please visit these wonderful bloggers and their beautiful blogs to see what they are up to and to find a list of this week’s participants!
Under the Table and Dreaming for the Sunday Showcase Party
Thrifty Decor Chick for Before and After Monday
Boogieboard Cottage for Masterpiece Monday
Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday
The Stories of A2Z for Tutorials and Tips Tuesday
Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
A Stroll thru Life for Tabletop Tuesday
Cedar Hill Ranch for Cowgirl Up! on Tuesdays
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia for Tuesday's Treasures
Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays
DIY by Design for Fall into Fall
The Shabby Creek Cottage for Transformation Thursdays
No Minimalist Here for the Open House Party on Thursdays
Stone Gable for Tutorials. Tips and Tidbits on Thursdays
My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
2805 for Potpourri Friday
At the Picket Fence for Inspiration Friday
Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday
The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday
Craftberry Bush for Happy Hour on Saturdays
Funky Junk Interiors for Saturday Nite Special
The Everyday Home for the "Better Late than Never" Fall Party
See you next time! A la prochaine!
Want to see more?
Subscribe by email or in a reader
Also find Confessions of a Plate Addict on: