1. Burn candles that have a fall scent. This is my new favorite…Bath and Body Works Heirloom Pumpkin. My whole house smells heavenly!
2. Add some fall mums to your home. Home Depot already has oodles of them in the garden department…and in all sorts of wonderful colors! Small yellow mums star in this fall centerpiece.
3. Head on over to Starbucks for a Pumpkin Spice Latte. They are bringing them out early this year! Yum! (2016 update...McDonald's is bringing theirs back at the end of August!)
4. Go to a near-by pumpkin patch…and take the kids! Our favorite in the north Georgia mountains opens at the end of August!
5. Eat some boiled peanuts. OK…this one may be a Southern thing, but they are so yummy and they just taste like fall to me! I am lucky because the best boiled peanuts anywhere are sold at a little farm stand about 10 minutes from me. Raw peanuts should be available soon, if they are not already, so you could even make your own using the simple recipe found here.
6. Add a little fall to your décor. Even if you aren’t ready to go full-blown fall, just few additions, such as my shirt pumpkin pillow and no-sew shirt pumpkins, will suggest that fall feeling!
And if you are lucky enough to already sport the appropriate fall colors like Baby Kitty, you can just relax on that one!
7. Go apple picking. Local apples are available right now in the north Georgia mountains. If you live in this area, you will find a list of harvest dates by variety here. Make a day of it and take the kids!
8. Add a fall wreath or basket to your front door. Hey, you don’t have to do your whole porch…no pressure!
9. Go to a corn maze. Yep…the one near me opens for business the fist weekend in September...but you might want to wait a little while for that one. It's still too darn HOT down here in the South!
10. Bake something pumpkin-y. It will makes your whole house smell soooo good…and it’s yummy, too! If you are looking for a variety of recipes, you will find some here.
And just in case you are in the mood for a little more fall, here is my fall porch tour from last year. This year’s is still at the “wreath only” stage for now.
my home all decked out for fall last year. I have some ideas cooking and I’m in the planning stages for this year…just need a trip to the pumpkin patch to get started!
And that's it! Before you know it, the real deal will be here and it will be double the fun!
Don't forget to pin it!
Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed seeing my ideas for bringing on fall! Please visit these wonderful bloggers and their beautiful blogs to see what they are up to and to find a list of this week’s participants.
Under the Table and Dreaming for the Sunday Showcase Party , Thrifty Decor Chick for Before and After Monday , Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday , The Stories of A2Z for Tutorials and Tips Tuesday , Coastal Charm for the Show and Share Party , A Stroll thru Life for Inspire Me Tuesday , My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia for Inspire Me Monday, Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays , French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday , Common Ground for Be Inspired on Fridays , The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday , Craftberry Bush for the Inspiration Gallery on Friday
See you next time! À la prochaine!
Also find me at…