Click to Visit These Popular Posts

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT DIY Spring Tulip WreathCONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Pottery Barn Inspired Nest Place Card HoldersCONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Farmhouse Spring Porch 6CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Easy Flower Pot Wreath

21 February, 2013

Easy-to-Change Seasonal Vignettes...All Dressed for Saint Patrick's Day!

page5Do you love changing your decor with the holidays? I have a secret I am going to share with you today...my three easy-to-change seasonal vignettes! And since it’s just a few weeks until Saint Patrick’s Day and I am part Irish, I have them all dressed for the wearin' o' the green!

erin go bragh First, I have added a little Irish saying on my Goodwill tray-turned-chalkboard to greet my guests…Erin Go Bragh…Ireland Forever. The little silver tray is now filled with shamrocks…

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Tiny Christmas Tree Greeting_thumb[5] …instead of little bottle brush trees as it was at Christmas when a frenchy Christmas greeting graced the chalkboard tray.  And if that looks familiar…

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Valentine Chalkboard Greeting2_thumb[13] …it may be because I also used the same little arrangement to display a Valentine greeting with ticking and toile hearts! I just love finding a versatile vignette that can be tweaked to fit any holiday with just a few simple changes!!

043_thumb[9]More Irish fun…these easy vintage-look Saint Patrick’s Day candles are simply Dollar Tree candle holders covered with copies of vintage postcards! You can find directions for making them including the graphics here.

HolidayCandleSleeves_thumb15 And speaking of versatile…here are the same Dollar Tree candle holders dressed for different holidays…and I have also included the graphics for each of these! Click to see more of the candles dressed for Christmas, Valentine’s Day and Halloween.

030_thumb[5] You have figured out by now how much I love finding something that I can change for the holidays, so let me show you my all-time favorite versatile piece…my rustic box! That’s Baby Kitty looking on approvingly in the background. Here it is all ready as a Saint Patrick’s Day centerpiece

holiday box …but I have also dressed it for Fall, Christmas, Valentine’s Day and Easter! Gotta love this versatile little work horse!

erin go bragh And…here’s a final look at my little chalkboard holiday vignette all dressed for Saint Paddy's Day! Now that I have tweaked all of my seasonal decor, I think I am just about ready for the wearin’ o’ the green! What about you? Do you have some favorite versatile go-to vignettes?

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed a little peek at my versatile seasonal vignettes! Please visit these wonderful bloggers and their beautiful blogs to see what they are up to and to find a list of this week’s participants!
Under the Table and Dreaming for the Sunday Showcase Party
Thrifty Decor Chick for Before and After Monday

Boogieboard Cottage for Masterpiece Monday
Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday

The Stories of A2Z for Tutorials and Tips Tuesday
Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday

A Stroll thru Life for Tabletop Tuesday
Cedar Hill Ranch for Cowgirl Up! on Tuesdays

My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia for Tuesday's Treasures

Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays
DIY by Design for Winter Blues Wednesday

The Shabby Creek Cottage for Transformation Thursdays
No Minimalist Here for the Open House Party on Thursdays

Stone Gable for Tutorials, Tips and Tidbits on Thursdays

My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday

Common Ground for Be Inspired on Fridays
The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday

Craftberry Bush for the Inspiration Gallery on Friday
Funky Junk Interiors for Saturday Nite Special

See you next time! À la prochaine!

Subscribe by email or in a reader
Also find Confessions of a Plate Addict on:
 

35 comments:

  1. Such creativity. I love your seasonal vignettes. It takes the dollar store candles to new levels. The chalkboard try is just an amazing idea. Thanks for sharing your lovely creations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy seasonal vignettes! My go to is a plate and a cloche and a few things in between! I need to start using my rustic box more, because I really like that look! Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful inspirations! I always love everything you do to decorate for the seasons!

    Smiles,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all your vignettes, Debbie! Love that you use the same pieces but in different ways. Your shamrocks are great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my! Lots of inspiration here! Love those candles!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet and simple vignettes, Debbie, with big impact. I really love the St. Paddy's day one- I am inspired to get my Irish on now- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi lovely lady.
    I was looking at some of my favor blogs and you had a new post.I love your little work horse for Fall, Christmas, Valentine Day and Easter you did a great job putting all your post together for us. I hope you will join my Tablescape today great to be back on my blog.
    XXOO Diane

    ReplyDelete
  8. I gotta find one of those little crates....that is so pretty....and I love the idea of changing it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Everything is just perfect for St Patrick's Day. Love it!!!

    Hugs,
    Susan and Bentley

    ReplyDelete
  10. How fun and such a nice piece to constantly change up. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  11. My favorite is the valentine box but I like them all and you did a wonderful job for St. Pat's day. We are all Irish at my house, especially my husband who can actually trace his roots to Ireland.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun and festive vignette!You chalkboard quote is adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the vignette...perfect for St. Patty's Day!
    melinda

    ReplyDelete
  14. Debbie, you've inspired me to put away my Valentine's decor and pull out a bit of green. Don't have much, but I'll come up with something. Enjoy your weekend.........Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  15. Debbie,
    Marvelous, dear friend!!!
    I, too,have put out a bit of green...and I used my little box...and my green plates!
    Love it when that happens!!!
    Your vignettes are simply fabulous!!!
    Fondly,
    Pat
    P.S. Co~host, Baby Kitty, looking as handsome as ever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I wish I lived down the street from you! You are so inspirational!

    Speaking of Irish things, I just bought the latest (and sadly, what will be the last) book by Maeve Binchy, A Week in Winter. She is a fabulous Irish storyteller with Irish settings and wonderful characters! Erin Go Bragh!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Debbie, All of your seasonal vignettes are wonderful! Thank you for joining the Open House party. xx, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  18. Debbie, you know how much I love this! And how I love how you manage to come up with so many fun things for each season! Baby Kitty sure knows how to decorate!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your go-to wooden box is so versatile, Debbie, and it is always dressed so creatively! The St. Paddy's Day vignette is adorable. Glad Baby Kitty approves. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a great post - loving St. Pat's day! Especially loving the candles - they are great! Hope you can stop by the enchanted oven to say hi.
    xo,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  21. As always, inspirational ideas just seem to flow out of your brain. I'm going to try the candle covers -- watch for them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Debbie,
    You do the best vignettes. These are beautiful, love the candles and what you did with the chalkboard tray.

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wonderful idea, Debbie. Love all of the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful job as always and how fun for all who visit to see what you have done next!!
    xo Kathysue

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great ideas to be able to change your vignettes so quickly for the seasons. I need to be more like that and make it a little easier on myself.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love how you change out the same items for each season. Great concept with the perfect execution. While I see you have a long list of blog parties that you participate in, this post would certainly be perfect for Seasonal Sundays!

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  27. Aren't you clever! I've come over via Cozy Little House and am going to browse a bit while I'm here.
    -Karen

    ReplyDelete
  28. Debbie, when I saw this project linked up at Cowgirl up, it really caught my eye, then I thought... I bet this is Debbie's!! And it is! Another fabulous project, well-done!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I would love if you link this wonderful post to my party. I love your vignettes!!! And pics! It is open until Easter and I will Feature as we go on Facebook and Pinterest. XO
    Isabelle
    http://lechateaudesfleurs.blogspot.com/2013/02/death-by-chocolate-recipes-and-link.html

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love that box you style! Thank you for joining Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wow! Not only do your vignettes look beautiful, but this seems so much easier that hauling boxes down from the attic for every holiday! I'll be taking your holiday decorating advice! Thanks for sharing your ideas....following now! Catherine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I appreciate my wonderful readers!... Debbie