Click to Visit These Popular Posts

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT DIY Spring Tulip WreathCONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Pottery Barn Inspired Nest Place Card HoldersCONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Farmhouse Spring Porch 6CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Easy Flower Pot Wreath

22 January, 2012

Easy French Script Valentine Candles

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT French Script Valentine Candles with Free GraphicsI have a quick, easy and inexpensive Valentine project for you and I’ll bet you already have almost everything you need! I am supplying all the graphics and the rest is simple! It’s the Wisteria copy-cat candles that I did at Christmas...with a Valentine twist!

022 Baby Kitty is concerned that I will get all mushy with this project…but no! It has just the right amount of shabbiness and frenchiness without being too cutesy!

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT French Script Valentine Candles with Free Graphics Here’s another look…at night with the candles lit. I think I really like them! They are vintage documents with Valentine messages in French superimposed on them. 

015 Each candle is also tied with twine and a little heart repeating the message that is on the candle. Here’s all you need: 3 cylindrical vases (mine came from Dollar Tree), three pillar candles (I used my red ones leftover from Christmas), twine, red paper, white paper, tape, glue, a red Sharpie and access to a printer.

valentine script 4I printed each of the three messages in 8x10 format with Photoscape. For me, the red didn’t turn out quite vibrant enough, so I went over it with a red Sharpie. Then I trimmed the extra paper from the top and the bottom…but not the sides. Next, I wrapped each one around the candle holder and taped it. There will be a little blank space with no graphic on it at the back. To cover it, I just cut a strip from the plain document that follows and glued it in place. This one says Happy Valentines Day.

valentine script 6 This one says Yours forever.

valentine script 5 And finally, this one says I love you with all my heart.

valentine script 7Use this blank document to cut little strips to cover the small white portion at the back of the candle.

hearts

And finally, cut these out and glue them to a red heart that you have created…making it just a little bigger than these. If you save them and then print them as they are, they will be exactly the right size.  Just punch a hole and attach to the candle with twine. That’s it!

005And here they are in a little vignette I created on my buffet. I filled my Red Cliff ironstone tea pot with red tulips to add a festive Valentine touch. And I love the way it all reflects in my silver tray! I hope you will give them a try…and if you do…enjoy!
Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed a little peek at my project! Please visit these wonderful bloggers and their beautiful blogs to see what they are up to and to find a list of this week’s participants!
Stephanie Lynn at Under the Table and Dreaming for the Sunday Showcase Party
Sarah at Thrifty Decor Chick for Before and After Monday (first Monday of the month)
Mary at Boogieboard Cottage for Masterpiece Monday
Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday
Marty at A Stroll Thru Life for Tabletop Tuesday
Beth at The Stories of A2Z for Tutorials and Tips Tuesday
Linda at Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday

Kim at Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays
Judy at DIY by Design for the Winter Blues Party

Paula and Patti at Ivy and Elephants for What's It Wednesday
Jill at French Cupboard for Voila!French Inspiration on Thursdays
Gina at The Shabby Creek Cottage for Transformation Thursdays
Gina at The Shabby Creek Cottage for the Valentine Party
Sherry at No Minimalist Here for the Open House Party on Thursdays

Laurie at Bargain Hunting (and Chatting) with Laurie for the Valentine Party
Jennifer at Dear Lillie for the Valentine Party
Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
Courtney at French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
Honey at 2805 for Potpourri Friday

Heather and Vanessa at At the Picket Fence for Inspiration Friday
Diann at The Thrifty Groove for Thrifty Things Friday
Debra at Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday
Sherry at The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday
Jen at Tatertots and Jello for the Weekend Wrap-up Party
Donna at Funky Junk Interiors for Saturday Nite Special

See you next time! A la prochaine!


55 comments:

  1. How positively lovely! I will make these this week! Thanks for sharing.
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a simply beautiful idea. I am going to send this to my daughter-in-law she will LOVE making these. She just said she wanted to add some Valentine's decor to her home. Thank you for sharing this fabulous idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As always you've created beauty on a budget.. They are stunning.
    thanks for the tutorial and graphics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Debbie,
    This are magnicifient! You have the cuteset "Frenchy" decor items! I swear, (really, I don't) it looks as if Baby Kitty just said something to you in that photo. Perhaps..."I love you with all my heart, too, Madam!" Thanks for this cleaver home decor idea!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post! Love how you share the elements for others to copy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are lovely! So pretty in the Valentine's theme. Have a great week, Debbie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are great and absolutely something I can do! lol Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am soooooo doing this! Thanks! My daughter (15) and I will have a blast doing these candles.... Love your blog! XO Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful, Debbie! Anything with French script is romantic right off the bat! Love the overlay of the red words.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Greetings Debbie,
    So sweet and love your competent staff...
    Linda at Beautiful Ideas

    BTW, I am enjoying your posts on Provence! TY

    ReplyDelete
  11. Baby kitty is sooo adorable! The way you interpret for them is too! We do the same with our collie. My husband has the tone of voice down perfectly!
    Cheers and so pretty by the way!
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't know which is sweeter - the kitty or the valentine craft! I love the puzzled look on kitty's face.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very pretty . You got my mind going for other uses, too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are too cute. I have not used photoscape before.Is it anything like picnik.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The .jpg is tiny and when I printed it out the image was very pixelated. Am I doing something wrong?

    ReplyDelete
  16. How cute these are! A perfect project for me ... I can reuse the candle holder all year long. I try to buy/create things that I can use/reuse all year long in my decorating, since I've got so little storage space. This is the perfect candidate!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are super cute, Debbie! I'd love to try this!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are super cute, Debbie! I'd love to try this!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fantastique, Debbie! Love the way you re-worked something you had. Those candle holders make such a versatile base to do lots of "Plate Addict" projects - good thinking! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  20. Okay...this is REALLY bad...I was never into "ceramics" but all of a sudden I am looking at plates and shiny pitchers and bowls! Oh no! I think I may be in trouble! LOL!
    I love your Valentine candles...they are SO pretty. I may have to try my hand at that one! Thank you so much and give "kitty" a little rub for me. She/he is precious.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh- Those are really, really cute! Wouldn't they make great Teacher's gifts? You did a great job making them and showing us HOW TO make them- Thanks-xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh...I love them Debbie! My goodness, you just never run out of fabulous and wonderful ideas!
    Hugs,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh yea! Another fun project! You're the best!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. You always come up with the cutest things, Debbie.

    I am trying to catch up again today. Been missing my "blog buddies".:-)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I would love to make these candles. If I do I will post photos. thanks for the inspiration! hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thank you for the easy tutorial...and the graphics!! I will definitely be trying these out :) Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Just as soon as I saw these on Marty's TTT, I KNEW they had to be yours!! (there's a song in there someplace)

    GREAT job & GREAT tut on how to make them. I will try. Thank you for sharing!

    Hugs,
    Rett

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great project! I'm not much of a Valentine decorator, but I love these... nice romantic touch!
    Visiting from Tutes and Tips Tues. :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Debbie,

    This is a wonderful and sweet looking project. I love how you displayed your beautiful script candles.

    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  30. Adorable! I saw that look on Wisteria's website at Christmas, but wouldn't pay their price! I'll take 4...:-)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thanks so much for sharing this, I will definitely give this a try.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love this! I pinned this on Pinterest and made 2 sets of your Christmas candles, one as a gift and one for myself. I've planned to change them out seasonally using sheet music and antique maps like last year's Pottery Barn candles. Now I'll have to do these for Valentine's day! I intend to use your blank document adding our names in the sam red font that you used for a matching set of four. Thanks so much for the great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love, love, love your candles!!!!! And thanks for sharing the image. I have some prayer candles in mind for these!

    Jeanine

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hey girl, GREAT tutorial here on how to make these French Candle lovelies...we need to have CRAFT DAY at your place friend! Let's DO IT! I'd just love spending a fun day with you doing some projects. OR...we could all bring a covered dish and do our own projects together. And if you don't want to do it at your place, we could try to do it at my place. :) Think about it; it would be a blast! And if we didn't want to do a covered dish; we could take a break and go to the Irish Pub.

    Hugs friend,
    ~CC

    ReplyDelete
  35. Those are adorable! I would love for you to show them off at my Valentines Party @ www.cheapcraftymama.com!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Those are so cute Debbie! And I love how quick they are to create! Thank you for joining TTF and have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  37. These are beautiful! Great job
    I hope you will link this project up to my I Heart Projects Linky Party.

    http://www.itsybitsypaperblog.com/2012/01/i-heart-projects-linky-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  38. Beautiful! I so love Valentine's Day decorations -- pinned this for sure! Thanks for the printables!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Fabulous candles, Debbie! You are always so creative and so sweet to share at Potpourri Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  40. I love these! I have a couple of the candles, I may need to try to work some magic on them! Great idea! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  41. Girl you are beyond too clever my dear friend..I would love to just watch you do all your crafty things but I see the staff keeps an eye on you ha ha!! May you have the BEST weekend ever...hugs and smiles Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  42. These are beyond beautiful. Thanks for sharing the printable.

    I would love it if you would hook this up to my new linky party:
    http://creatingyourhome.blogspot.com/2012/01/make-it-yourself-mondays-linky-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  43. Such beautiful candles! And love the cat too! I'm pinning this!

    ReplyDelete
  44. These are so sweet! I pinned them, and I'm now a follower!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Debbie, Your candle holders are just right for Valentine's Day... chic and sentimental. "Ya done good"!...again. Great photos, too. I always like the way you reflect things in a tray or mirror.
    Hope you're having a great weekend,
    Hugs,
    Babs

    ReplyDelete
  46. These are so pretty, Debbie. thanks so much for sharing your graphics. Baby Kitty has me laughing, he has such a "skeptical" look on his cute little face!!

    ReplyDelete
  47. These are so pretty! Love them and pinned them! Stopping by from {under the table and dreaming}. Now your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  48. These are beautiful and so festive looking Debbie. Thanks for sharing!
    I've got these on my list to make this week, however I am not familiar with Photoscape. How do I download your artwork? I have the hearts all printed and ready to go!
    Also, what size of cylindrical vases did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  49. Hi Saundra...The vases are the 7 inch vases at Dollar Tree. The graphics seem to fit them really well. I don't suppose you would have to use Photoscape to download...just any program would do that would result in an 8 x 10 size copy. If you have any trouble, please email me and maybe I can help. Thanks so much for your interest in my blog!...hugs...Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  50. Debbie, you are brilliant! What a great, inexpensive V'tine project, and you even supplied the graphics. Thank you so much for linking such amazing ideas to my party. laurie

    ReplyDelete
  51. I love your candles but I especially love the portrait of your kitty. She has such expressive eyes!

    ♥charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  52. Debbie,
    I just love all your beautiful French-inspired projects. My to-do list just grows and grows! Thank you for providing the graphics needed for these candles.

    Judith

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I appreciate my wonderful readers!... Debbie