Click to Visit These Popular Posts

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT DIY Spring Tulip WreathCONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Pottery Barn Inspired Nest Place Card HoldersCONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Farmhouse Spring Porch 6CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Easy Flower Pot Wreath

26 November, 2022

Four Elements of a Christmas Mantel and Some Inspiration

Now that Thanksgiving has arrived, my mind is turning to decorating for Christmas! Always first and foremost in my mind is the mantel because, for me, it sets my theme for the holidays and gives me a direction for the rest of my decor. So I thought I would share my thought process with you and also show you a few of my past mantels for a little inspiration!



Over the years, I have realized that my mantels always have four elements...a wreath, a garland, stockings and a lantern or candles on each end. Maybe I'm a little traditional in that department but I have learned that this is what pleases my eye. What can I say? I need symmetry!

And when I know that the family will be at my house, I plan my mantel so that the stockings are the stars! My PLAID AND EVERGREEN MANTEL does just that!

And I love the way the Christmas blocks add to the feeling that my grandchildren will be celebrating with me!

You can also see the four elements in my TRADITIONAL CHRISTMAS MANTEL...

...with a full woodsy garland, simple boxwood wreath and my favorite galvanized lanterns...

...along with our special family stockings! That's mine...Granny with the kitty cat. Did you guess?

My BURLAP AND PLAID CHRISTMAS MANTEL is one of my favorites because it made it into the special Christmas edition of Country Sampler magazine several years ago! 

The wreath, starring handmade plaid and pine cone roses, is one of my favorites as well.

The inspiration for my TARTAN AND MAGNOLIA Christmas mantel was a pair of fabulous stag candle holders!

I found them on sale after Christmas and kept them for a year, knowing that they would take center stage on my mantel!

A magnolia wreath, an evergreen garland and my burlap and plaid stockings completed my four elements.

This mantel features FRENCH TICKING, BURLAP AND MERCURY GLASS. The stockings are handmade from (don't tell) old drapery panels...

...as is the wreath. Handmade burlap roses and silver balls help to make it festive.

This mantel has a FARMHOUSE THEME, with burlap stockings, galvanized lanterns...

...and a simple grapevine wreath topped with greenery, berries and a grainsack bow.

Last year, I featured a SCANDINAVIAN INSPIRED MANTEL...

...with a snowy garland, Nordic print stockings and ribbons, little tin houses and wintery-white birch firewood! Those little houses just spoke to me, helping to make this one of my favorites!

Now it's time to think about this year's mantel and I have to admit that ideas are still swirling in my head However, for now it's finally feeling like fall here and I'm looking forward to my favorite holiday ...Thanksgiving! How about you? Are you starting to plan your Christmas decor?

Remember to pin it! 


Also find me at…

Facebook Pinterest Twitter Hometalk Subscribe Email
Enter your email to have Plate Addict's blog posts delivered Delivered by FeedBurner
You may unsubscribe at any time by clicking on the link at the bottom of the email.
Click HERE to read my Privacy Policy.
Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I appreciate my wonderful readers!... Debbie