Click to Visit These Popular Posts

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT DIY Spring Tulip WreathCONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Pottery Barn Inspired Nest Place Card HoldersCONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Farmhouse Spring Porch 6CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Easy Flower Pot Wreath

20 January, 2022

DIY Soup Board Centerpiece

I love changing my centerpieces with the seasons but now that the holidays are over it's always a challenge. It's easy to be creative when fall rolls around and I really enjoy adding Thanksgiving and Christmas touches...but what to do in the middle of winter?

We finally got snow... unusual here in Georgia...maybe three inches of beautiful white fluff like we had several years ago! We don't get snow that often and it doesn't last long so we have to make the most of it!

Sooo...building on a warm and cozy theme, I decided to create a soup board. What could be more appropriate on a cold winter day? I started with my burlap table runner and layered on my DIY MAGNOLIA INSPIRED SERVING BOARD.

I added my favorite Blue Willow soup tureen at the center.

If it looks familiar, I used it as the anchor of my VINTAGE BLUE WILLOW CHRISTMAS TABLESCAPE, which also starred my grandmother's china...one of my favorites!

On one end of the board, I placed these wonderful Hungarian soup bowls...a treasured gift from my friend Barb. Don't you love them? The peasant costumes remind me of the bowls in my QUIMPERWARE COLLECTION.

And on the other end are my blue and yellow plate-patterned napkins, a gift from my sister, topped with a few of my vintage over-sized spoons.

A quiet winter supper also needs candles since darkness sets in so early now so I added these blue and white candlesticks.

But at the heart of it all is my DIY MAGNOLIA INSPIRED SERVING BOARD that I created with zero woodworking skills! You can, if you wish, use it as a fabulous charcuterie board but I also like the fact that it makes such a wonderful springboard for my centerpieces.

I piled it with pumpkins and candles for my FALL TABLESCAPE...

...and festive mugs and all of the ingredients needed for my HOT COCOA STATION. I have a feeling you'll be seeing a lot more of it!

But let's be honest here...the real star would be the snow! The last snow we had, Miss Iris sat at the window and watched every flake fall for hours! lol It was just enough for the little grands to play in and then cleared all the roads the next day...my kind of snow! ;-)

Here's a last look. Now all I have to do is set the table, fill the tureen and add some crusty bread! Ahhh! Now THIS is what I like about a snow day!


Also find me at…
Facebook Pinterest Twitter Hometalk Subscribe Email

Enter your email to have Plate Addict's blog posts delivered


Delivered by FeedBurner

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I appreciate my wonderful readers!... Debbie