Click to Visit These Popular Posts

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT DIY Spring Tulip WreathCONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Pottery Barn Inspired Nest Place Card HoldersCONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Farmhouse Spring Porch 6CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Easy Flower Pot Wreath

20 December, 2020

Hot Cocoa Station with DIY Serving Board

I've got an easy little Christmas idea for you today...and all you have to do is put it together! It will be just close family this Christmas but I still want to make it special. Much of what I am sharing came from the dollar store so it's inexpensive, too! And who doesn't love hot cocoa?




I've spread it all out on the MAGNOLIA INSPIRED SERVING BOARD that I made this fall since it serves as a nice back drop for all of the goodies!

At one end I placed my bottle drying rack and hung it with cute Santa, snowman and polar bear mugs that I found at Dollar Tree...yes, Dollar Tree! :-)

And at the other, I filled lidded glass containers with all of the essentials...hot cocoa mix, marshmallows and chocolate chips to add a rich flavor.

And in between there are several sorts of cookies and candy to munch on as well as candy canes to serve as stirrers.

My favorites are these cute little gingerbread sandwich cookies!

And just in case you are not a big fan of hot cocoa, I have filled my vintage snowman with spiced hot tea mix. It has been a big favorite here in the South for years. I actually drink it all winter long. We always call it Russian tea but I'm not sure if that's politically correct nowadays! lol Here's the recipe:

Instant Russian Tea
1 one lb container of Tang (It’s actually 1.4…I just don’t use it all.)
1 pkg instant unsweetened lemonade
3/4 cup instant tea (This one has gotten hard to find. I usually see it at Walmart.)
2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon ground cloves
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
Mix all ingredients well. Place in a tightly covered jar. Place 2 teaspoons in a cup of boiling water. (I like to use 3 teaspoons.) Enjoy!

I wanted to give you another view of my DIY SERVING BOARD. I made it with zero woodworking skills and hardly any tools. I used it in my FALL CENTERPIECE and have lots of other plans for it!

And just in case you are wondering, I made the tablerunner, too. It's  burlap with a finished edge and hand-tied fringe. You will find the instructions HERE.

Now I am ready for a cup of that hot cocoa! And we are really excited here in Georgia because snow is in the forecast for Christmas this year...a rare occurrence...so the serving board will be perfect on Christmas Day!

And stay tuned! I have one more easy project and a Christmas-y tablescape to share with you. I need to hurry! Santa will be here before you know it!

Remember to pin it!



Also find me at…
Facebook Pinterest Twitter Hometalk Subscribe Email
Enter your email to have Plate Addict's blog posts delivered Delivered by FeedBurner
You may unsubscribe at any time by clicking on the link at the bottom of the email.
Click HERE to read my Privacy Policy.
Follow on Bloglovin

3 comments:

  1. Hello Debbie, I am a faithful reader of your blog and am stopping by today to comment and say hello. I know when we blog we sometimes wonder who reads our stories. I have you on my blog list and stop by faithfully to see all your ideas and your beautiful pictures. It is so enjoyable to see all your ideas. I share your love of France. And coincidentally I was looking for that spiced tea recipe just yesterday. Happy holidays to you. I wish you a safe and happy new year. Peggy. Season-to-season.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I just sat down for a bit of a break and had to laugh when I saw the red and white striped ribbon because I just finished tying the same ribbon around a French wire basket that holds one of my African violets.. This year my son and his wife and my grandson are planning to stay with us over the holidays. I was just thinking about organizing a coffee station, but wonder if I have enough time to pull it all together. So we’ll see if I can come close to your beautiful set up. Happy holidays. Just love your feline staff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you tell me where you purchased the gingerbread man cookies?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I appreciate my wonderful readers!... Debbie