Click to Visit These Popular Posts

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT DIY Spring Tulip WreathCONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Pottery Barn Inspired Nest Place Card HoldersCONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Farmhouse Spring Porch 6CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Easy Flower Pot Wreath

04 June, 2020

Revisiting a Special Trip to France

Nine years ago today I was boarding a plane with my then 10-year-old grandson...headed to France for a trip we had planned since he was five! I am so happy we made that trip and have those wonderful memories! I'm revisiting my first post after our return which contains links to all of our plans each day if you would like to follow along. A special day, given all that has happened, was our visit to Notre Dame Cathedral. I am so happy to have been able to take the trip of a lifetime and share my favorite city with a very special little guy!

vue du pont Bonjour mes amis! We just flew in from Paris…my ten-year-old grandson and I…and I wanted to give you a quick peek! There will be more details once I have recovered from jet lag! This is the trip we have planned for five years…since he first became a big fan of Monet thanks to a wonderful art teacher. We spent one week seeing everything there is to see in Paris and I am exhausted! lol  But, when I asked him what he liked best, here’s his list of favorites…




gargouille …the gargoyles at Notre Dame Cathedral, who have the best view, I might add…

army museum …the Musée de l’Armée at Les Invalides along with Napoleon's tomb, where we spent five hours photographing every suit of armor, sword and crossbow in the place!…

cat mummy ..the Louvre Museum…not for its Mona Lisa or Venus de Milo, but for its really cool collection of animal mummies in the Egyptian wing…(Please don’t tell the staff about this and give them delusions of grandeur!)…

photographing waterlilies …and finally, the water lilies in Monet’s garden at Giverny, both in person…

Monet up close …and on canvas at l’Orangerie!  What fun! And my favorite part? Getting to wake up and spend all day, every day for a week with my favorite little guy introducing him to my favorite place in all the world! Sigh!
Stay tuned for more about our trip once this poor old Granny has recovered from trying to keep pace with a ten-year-old for a week! 

Missed any Paris posts?
Back from Paris…or My Grandson’s Favorites!  Listing the must-see spots for a ten year old boy!
My Favorite Street in Paris…Rue Cler   Great little street to use as your headquarters 
In case you want to follow along, here is my plan for visiting Paris in seven days! I am linking each of the seven days as I complete the posts.
Day One…All about Eiffel! Eiffel Tower/ Champ de Mars park and play area
Day TwoSightseeing by Subway! Arc de Triomphe/ Montmarte/ Sacré-Coeur
Day ThreeMonsieur Monet, I Presume (and a lot of Louis)! Giverny/ Versailles minibus tour
Day FourThe Cradle of Paris! La Sainte Chapelle/ la Conciergerie/ Notre Dame/ Latin Quarter/ the book stalls/ ice cream on Ile St. Louis/ the bâteau mouche on the Seine
Day FiveArt Museum Madness…Plus Play in the Park! Louvre/ Tuileries Garden/ l’Orangerie/ Musée d’Orsay
Day SixA Phantom, a Fountain and Some History! Opéra Garnier/ Pompidou Center/ Carnavalet Museum
Day Seven…A Tomb, a Tank and a Tower! Napoleon’s Tomb and the Musée de l’Armée at les Invalides/ Eiffel Tower at night

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed a little peek at Paris!  Please visit these wonderful bloggers and their beautiful blogs to see what they are up to and to find a list of this week’s participants!
Susan at A Southern Daydreamer for Outdoor Wednesday
Jill at French Cupboard for Voilà! French Inspiration on Thursdays
Debra at Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Fridays
See you next time! A la prochaine!

3 comments:

  1. That would be a dream trip for me and one of my grands - love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, just what I needed today...a bit a Paris! How wonderful to share the magic of the city with your grandson and have those wonderful memories. Paris is my magic place...visited in High School with my class and hardly saw anything except the Louvre. Then my husband and I went to Paris and through France for our 25th Anniversary...and when I turned 50 he took me to Paris for the weekend ( how decadent is that!) so I could turn 50 on the Eiffel Tower with a glass of champagne. A few more trips in the last few years...and through this Covid 19 pandemic we are dreaming of future visits. Thanks for sharing your memories!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, what a treat! I am so glad that your grandson was able to visit Notre Dame. Years ago when I was there, my friends and I found Philippe Petit's signature which he had carved into the stone up in the tower after his tight rope walk from the other tower in 1971. Several years ago, I had the opportunity to meet Petit and told him about finding the signature. He was such a gentleman and said, "Ah, oui, my first illegal walk!!" He really was a gentleman. I wasn't able to get a ticket to his talk and I was sitting in the lobby because I did want to get his book and have it autographed. A man who worked for him came out and took me into the talk. He told me that Philippe is a gentleman and said to bring you in to hear the talk. I will always be impressed with that act of kindness.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I appreciate my wonderful readers!... Debbie