Click to Visit These Popular Posts

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT DIY Spring Tulip WreathCONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Pottery Barn Inspired Nest Place Card HoldersCONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Farmhouse Spring Porch 6CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Easy Flower Pot Wreath

07 December, 2019

Easy Christmas Tree Napkin Holder

I've been busy finishing up the Christmas decorations but I seem to keep tweaking them! Do you do that? So in the meantime, I am sharing my super-easy-to-make Christmas tree napkin holders! I am also including a mistake-proof way to felt wool if you would rather create your own  felt. And I can't wait to show you that one because I bet you have done it by accident already!


I love the look of galvanized zinc...especially at Christmas! It adds a well-worn vintage look that speaks of Christmas past and family traditions. And as soon as I saw this on Pinterest I realized that it would be the perfect finishing touch for my tablescape! So I set about figuring out how to make it.

I started with a Christmas tree template that had some interesting branches and added a few lines for the slits where the napkin will go. Then I printed it at 9 x 12 size so that it would cover most of my plates.

Next comes the fun part! You can either buy felt squares at your craft store in the color of your choice or make your own. I knew I wanted mine to be a soft grey and I knew just what my source would be! So I headed to Goodwill in hunt of a 100% wool sweater. It has to be 100% wool or this will not work! It should also be about double the size that you think you will need. A large sweater will easily make four napkin holders. I found one just the color that I wanted and headed home to felt it. How do you do that? Wash it in the washing machine with hot water! lol That's it! It shrinks to half its size and now it will not ravel! I hung it up to dry overnight and then cut out and pinned my tree template to it.

Once you have cut out your tree, fold it over so that the bottom of the star lines up with the bottom of the tree and cut the two slits. Unpin the template and... 

...just slide in the napkin! I folded mine in thirds so that it would fit better. You may find that your tree needs a little touch up with the iron but that's OK. You can't hurt it by ironing it.

I also added a candy for a little color and a festive look. Of course, you can make your tree whatever color you wish to match your tablescape. I just like the look of the gray with my galvanized zinc chargers.

And here's a look at a place setting. I'm using my pewter flatware and goblets and I've added a mercury glass votive as well as some silvery ornaments in the greenery.

Now I am heading back to finish my decorating so I can show you before Santa Claus arrives!

Remember to pin it!



Also find me at…
Facebook Pinterest Twitter Hometalk Subscribe Email
Enter your email to have Plate Addict's blog posts delivered Delivered by FeedBurner
You may unsubscribe at any time by clicking on the link at the bottom of the email.
Click HERE to read my Privacy Policy.
Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. The color makes it perfect for any meal during the season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a work luncheon Dec 20 - I can make these for everyone and monogram the bottom

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I appreciate my wonderful readers!... Debbie