Click to Visit These Popular Posts

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT DIY Spring Tulip WreathCONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Pottery Barn Inspired Nest Place Card HoldersCONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Farmhouse Spring Porch 6CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Easy Flower Pot Wreath

29 November, 2019

Christmas Mantel in Evergreen and Silver

I'm excited to share this year's Christmas mantel with you because this one is a little different from my usual. It's actually my spin on a mantel that I spied in an antique shop in Madison, Georgia, filled with lovely mercury glass garlands and silver elements surrounded by snowy evergreen branches.




And if you know me, you know I am always searching for an easy and less expensive way to, well, copy high end looks! ;-) You may be surprised at the source of some of my finds!

I knew the lower portion of my mantel would be the star so I wanted a simple wreath to top it off. It's composed of a grapevine wreath embellished with sparkly greenery and a simple silver bow, all  from Hobby Lobby.

 The fun pair of galvanized deer with rusted legs were a Walmart find...

 ...and the pair of unusual rusted star clusters came from a home decor store in Madison, Georgia...a steal at only $8 each!

The rusted barnstable lanterns were an online purchase several years ago and the snowy garland was a favorite find at my local antique store.

And on the hearth, continuing the rusted theme, I have gathered birch logs and greenery in an old olive bucket and topped them with lights.

But my favorite part of the mantel is this...my copy cat string of faux mercury glass ornaments. I have been seeing the real deal everywhere on sale at $40 for a strand of only 12 ornaments. And I know from experience that they are very fragile! Gulp! So I made my own with ornaments from Walmart, although I have seen similar ones at Target and even Dollar Tree! I simply tied them on a narrow ribbon and taaa daaa!

I love the elegant touch that they add and, even better, I don't have to worry about my grandchildren or my cats accidentally breaking them! You may notice that there are no stockings this year. Yep...this is my first grown-up mantel since my daughter has her own home now and the family stockings are displayed there.

And stay tuned! I have the Christmas table all set and I'm working on something fun in the breakfast room!

Remember to pin it!





Also find me at…

Facebook Pinterest Twitter Hometalk Subscribe Email
Enter your email to have Plate Addict's blog posts delivered Delivered by FeedBurner
You may unsubscribe at any time by clicking on the link at the bottom of the email.
Click HERE to read my Privacy Policy.
Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. Debbie,
    Love your Reindeer!
    The mantle looks amazing!
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Debbie,
    Although it's not my style, I love everything about your mantel. Would love to have the stars in another finish.

    Monroe, Madison and Monticello are three of my favorite places. We've been planning a drive down for a couple of months but life keeps getting in the way. We are going down to Milledgeville for a C'mas tour of the old governor's mansion. Have you ever done that?

    Sheila

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I appreciate my wonderful readers!... Debbie