Click to Visit These Popular Posts

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT DIY Spring Tulip WreathCONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Pottery Barn Inspired Nest Place Card HoldersCONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Farmhouse Spring Porch 6CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Easy Flower Pot Wreath

05 December, 2011

French Ticking, Burlap and Mercury Glass...My Christmas Mantel

020 I am so excited!  My mantel is finally finished and I am ready for the big reveal! This year it features lots of French ticking with touches of burlap and some sparkles of mercury glass!

011 If you follow my blog, you have already seen the wreath that I made using French ticking accented with burlap and sweater fabric flowers. I am loving the antique red with the olive green and silver ornaments…just enough to give it a little bling! (If you would like to find out how I made the wreath, click here.)

016 And here’s another peek at the stockings I made to match, using more French ticking and a pretty vintage napkin to finish them off. (You can find the tutorial here.) I have also used ornament hangers to attach glittery letters that spell…

012NOEL! I like the little extra sparkle that they add…making them a little more Christmas-y, I think!

038 And I didn’t spend a dime for my fabric…no sir! As some of you already know, the French ticking used to be my bedroom curtains, so I was able to make my decorations for almost nothing! And for those of you who have asked…no, I have not yet pulled a Scarlett and made myself a frock! lol

062 Miss Isabella, however, is less concerned about how I made the stockings and more interested in what is going to be in them on Christmas morning! And just in case you are wondering, I have extra initials for my staff and will change the letters before Santa comes so there’s no confusion!

024 On the mantel, I have reused last year’s mercury glass candlesticks. I think they add a vintage feel and a silvery element without being overpowering! I love the way they look with red…so festive!

027 Also on the mantel…more touches of silver and red with lots of berries and shiny ornaments nestled in the garland.

101 And the finishing touch…nothing says Christmas like a cat relaxing in front of the fire! Baby Kitty was very happy to oblige and quickly struck a pose!

020 And there you have it…my Christmas mantel for this year! The staff and I are still finishing up the decorations in the rest of the house and will have more to show you later on, so we hope you will drop back by! In the meantime, we are pulling out the marshmallows and making some S’mores. Won’t you join us?

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed a little peek at my Christmas decorations!  Please visit these wonderful bloggers and their beautiful blogs to see what they are up to and to find a list of this week’s participants!
Stephanie Lynn at Under the Table and Dreaming for the Sunday Showcase Party
Sarah at Thrifty Decor Chick for Before and After Monday (first Monday of the month)
Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday
Mary at Boogieboard Cottage for Masterpiece Monday
Kristin at My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia for the Christmas Mantel Block Party
Marty at A Stroll Thru Life for Tabletop Tuesday
Beth at The Stories of A2Z for Tutorials and Tips Tuesday
Linda at Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
Kim at Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays
Rhoda at Southern Hospitality for the Merry Mantels Party
Beth at The Stories of A2Z for the Christmas Mantel Link PartyJudy at DIY by Design for Fall into Fall
Jill at French Cupboard for Voila!French Inspiration on Thursdays
Gina at The Shabby Creek Cottage for Transformation Thursdays
Sherry at No Minimalist Here for the Open House Party on Thursdays
Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
Courtney at French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
Honey at 2805 for Potpourri Friday
Diann at The Thrifty Groove for Thrifty Things Friday
Debra at Common Ground for Fabulous Fall Fun
Sherry at The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday
Jen at Tatertots & Jello for the Weekend Wrap-up Party
Donna at Funky Junk Interiors for Saturday Nite Special
See you next time! A la prochaine!

52 comments:

  1. Debbie, it's perfect! Your NOEL stockings are truly charming. I'm still without a Christmas mantel. ;-)
    Thanks for sharing all the beautiful inspiration. ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mantels are the 'cat's meow' at Christmas. I don't have one (boo hoo) but I am happy to admire yours. I love the mercury glass with red and silver. Gorgeous. Thank God you have the right initials. I was very worried about that. We may have to see another photo with them on Christmas day. Hugs to all those spoiled kitties..yes spoiled, and so they should be. Hugs, Deb=^..^=x4

    ReplyDelete
  3. So warm and festive! Makes me want to pull up a chair and warm myself by the fire ( it's barely above zero in MN!).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Debbie - every time you post a new project, I think to myself ..."self, Debbie has outdone herself once again."
    I could not possibly think this mantle could be any more perfect. The letters are just the perfect finishing touch. I agree, it adds some Christmas sparkle and of course the message is a good one. You are just amazing, my friend. Luv ya, Barb
    ps - by the way, I have a question. Can you tell me where you bought your red ticking fabric from? *winks* haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Debby, you sure did a beautiful job decorating your mantel for the hollidays, it is gotgeous! I love your stocking and wreath too. Lovely.
    Have a great week. FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  6. Debbie,
    I do love your mercury glass. Someday I'll have to get me some of it!
    The french ticking is beautiful. Matches the pajama pants I'm wearing right now! - my favorites.
    Yes, the cats basking by the fire, or under the tree...just looking at them relaxes me.
    Kisses to darling Baby Kitty and the rest of the staff!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty! I love the red berries against the mercury glass! And the stockings are wonderful! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the red ticking! It is such a nice change from burlap. I love burlap though. The mercury glass provides the sparkle with the red ornaments! Great job! I love your kitties! I have three!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi lovely lady. Your Christmas mantel is Gorgeous with your mercury glass!! I hope you have a wonderful Christmas holidays with your family.
    XXOO Diane

    ReplyDelete
  10. Perfect stockings. They look great on your mantel.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the french ticking stockings ~ they remind me of candy canes. Your mantel is just beautiful ~ so festive ~ ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is beautiful. Another amazing mantel, Debbie!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The stockings are beautiful and your matel is perfect! Looks like a magazine!
    Miss Bloomers

    ReplyDelete
  14. Deb, It turned out beautifully, the stocking add the perfect touch!! Another great job!! Merry Christmas!
    Merry Christmas,
    Kathysue

    ReplyDelete
  15. Debbie, I love it. That French ticking is just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely, Debbie. I just love Miss Isabella...she looks like someone splashed paint all over her...we name our calico Picasso for that very reason!
    Have a great week...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Debbie - just beautiful! Especially love your Christmas stockings and mercury glass. Looks like your staff will enjoy it also :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's wonderful! Love all the red ticking!! The kitties look like they're ready for the Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous, gorgeous! I adore the ticking stockings and wreath, and the silver and red on the mantel is wonderful! It is so festive!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, Debbie - the mantel is gorgeous! Love the look - so pretty and pulled together. The new stockings with the glitter letters are just perfect! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  21. Debbie, Those are the cutest stockings. Love the red candles with the ticking stripe and other touches of red. Your look is so fresh and creative. How do you come up with so many cute ideas?
    Hugs,
    Babs

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love your mantel. Those stockings are my favorite! Kitties in front of a warm fire always makes me smile. hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your mantel is beyond beautiful! The ticking stripe wreath, the candlesticks and mercury glass, the greenery,,,you have it all here and it works together fabulously!!

    Happy Holidays, Debbie!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wonderful! I love your mercury glass. O have 4 inch repousse brass letters spelling Noel. Absolutely beautiful! Thanks for sharing!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the shine of the mercury glass on the mantel, Debbie, as well as the adorable new stockings. :-) The staff adds a lot to the setting, too!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Debbie your mantel looks beautiful and I LOVE those stockings!! Martina

    ReplyDelete
  27. You did it again Debbie! Honestly, I have looked at mantels all night on bloggyland and yours is simply the best!
    Creative, beautiful and perfect!
    Hugs,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  28. I really like the red, silver and white together. It all came together beautifully.

    Sharon @ mrshinesclass.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. Your mantel is absolutely gorgeous Debbie! I love your wreath and stockings that you made.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi Debbie!
    The staff has done a wonderful job!
    Just look at that mercury glass with the bright red candles....that darling wreath and oh, those stockings! I really love your style and always love reading your blog.

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love it! Your mantle has fullness but does not seem overpowered with items. The French ticking stockings and wreath add charm.

    ReplyDelete
  32. How beautiful! I love it all and your candlesticks are just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love the mantel decor! I have similar mercury glass candle sticks and love the color combination with red candles. The stockings are wonderful. (the fact that you used old curtains makes them even better!)

    I, like many of your readers, don't have a fireplace nor mantel... but I pull the sofa table out from behind the sofa and place it in front of a window to create my faux mantel at Christmas... no fire flickering below... but at least I have the flat surface to decorate each year.

    Wishing you a joyous Christmas filled with love. You are such an inspiration to those of us trying to watch our budget and still wanting the beauty of all the new decor ideas. Thanks so much!

    hugs. Dixie

    ReplyDelete
  34. Debbie,

    I LOVE your mantel! Maybe this is a silly question but where do you get your berries that you put in the garland? You do such a good job.

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hot toddies anyone? Save a spot for me! Looks terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Well you have done your self proud. the stockings are divine. I like the richness the white trim adds to the down home feel of the ticking. This mantle is a perfect combination of fancy and plain. This is hard to achieve and you have done it beautifully. Richard from My Old Historic House.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Your mantel looks amazing. I love the wreath and your stockings...so cute.
    Love Baby Kitty, too.:)

    ReplyDelete
  38. Debbie,
    WoW!!! I loved your mantle last year with the neutral palette...but this red and silver with the ticking is stunning!!! I do hope you fill those stockings with some yummy cat snacks and toys for your well~behaved staff! Looks as if Baby Kitty is about as good as he can be!!! Isabella seems a bit subdued, as well! Thank you for sharing your gorgeous mantle!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  39. Everything looks SO lovely...you pulled it all together beautifully!

    Cats really do seem to make a house into a home, don't they? LOL

    Hugs,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  40. It's really beautiful and so different! I love the use of the berries on the mantel, and those stockings are just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Oh Debbie, your mantel vignette is so pretty. I love your stockings, they are wonderful and I love the red berries and candles with your beautiful wreath. Thanks so much for joining TTT. I loe it all. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  42. Just beautiful! I love all of it!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Love the mantle Debbie! I love the deep red and silver together...love the stockings too! Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  44. love love love...lol! Should have reread that before I hit publish...

    ReplyDelete
  45. Love the red and white ticking! Your mantle and fireplace is beautiful. Laura

    ReplyDelete
  46. Debbie...Your beautiful mantle, stockings and wreath are all charming absolutely charming. Your home is so warm and welcoming. Love to come to your blog. Rather I have your blog come right to me via email.I'm so glad to find someone who is also a plate addict. Can hardly wait for your next post.

    ReplyDelete
  47. This is so pretty. I love that wreath and those burlap rosettes. Do a tutorial! Ha! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  48. Absolutely beautiful! Love the stockings and silver NOEL letters accenting them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  49. Oh My Debbie, another one for my pin board! This is gorgeous! Love the napkin toppers on the French ticking stockings, and all of that shiny red and mercury glass look beautiful with that greenery tucked in. Spectacular. laurie

    ReplyDelete
  50. Ooooooo your red ticking wreath and stockings are AH-dorable!!! :D *love them*

    xoxoxoxo,
    Ricki Jill

    ReplyDelete
  51. I just wanted to say , I love your mantel that i have added your tutorial to my blog happy holidays


    http://ourlittlenestonthelake.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I appreciate my wonderful readers!... Debbie