Click to Visit These Popular Posts

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT DIY Spring Tulip WreathCONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Pottery Barn Inspired Nest Place Card HoldersCONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Farmhouse Spring Porch 6CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Easy Flower Pot Wreath

30 November, 2011

French Ticking and Burlap: My Christmas Wreath

033I want to give you a little peek at how Christmas is coming along at my house, so I am starting with my new wreath! I wanted to add some red this year so why not begin with my favorite…French ticking!

015 I have decided not to spend lots of money this year and recycle as many of my old decorations as possible...just add some inexpensive new twists. Sooo…I was thrilled when Baby Kitty reminded me that I already have a supply of French ticking on hand…the old curtains left over from my master bedroom! Yep…four floor length panels of fabric! Woo hoo!

006First, I wrapped a straw wreath form…$3.00 with a coupon at Michaels…with strips of the fabric and secured them with hot glue…easy, except for the hot glue burns! Ouch!

017 Then I made fabric flowers from olive green burlap and strips of an antique red sweater that I found at Goodwill for about $4.00. For detailed instructions for making the burlap and sweater roses, click here.

021I hot glued them to the wreath and added a few silver and glittery Christmas ornaments from Target’s dollar aisle last year.

028 And…taaa daaa…there you have it! I can’t let you see my mantel yet since it’s not ready, but let’s just say it involves more of that free French ticking! You will have to come back later for the reveal!

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed a little peek at my Christmas decorations!  Please visit these wonderful bloggers and their beautiful blogs to see what they are up to and to find a list of this week’s participants!
Stephanie Lynn at Under the Table and Dreaming for the Sunday Showcase Party
Kate at Centsational Girl for the Holiday Craft Link Party 
Sarah at Thrifty Decor Chick for Before and After Monday (first Monday of the month)
Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday
Mary at Boogieboard Cottage for Masterpiece Monday
Marty at A Stroll Thru Life for Tabletop Tuesday
Beth at The Stories of A2Z for Tutorials and Tips Tuesday
Linda at Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
Kim at Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays
Judy at DIY by Design for Fall into Fall
Jill at French Cupboard for Voila!French Inspiration on Thursdays
Gina at The Shabby Creek Cottage for Transformation Thursdays
Sherry at No Minimalist Here for the Open House Party on Thursdays
Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
Courtney at French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
Honey at 2805 for Potpourri Friday
Diann at The Thrifty Groove for Thrifty Things Friday

Rachelle at Fingerprints on the Fridge for Feature Yourself Friday
Debra at Common Ground for Fabulous Fall Fun
Sherry at The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday
Jen at Tatertots & Jello for the Weekend Wrap-up Party
Donna at Funky Junk Interiors for Saturday Nite Special
See you next time! A la prochaine!

45 comments:

  1. I love the simplicity of that gorgeous wreath, Debbie.
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your wreath turned out really pretty, Debbie....Christine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your wreath. I think that was a very smart use of ticking from old curtains. You should be darn proud of that Baby Kitty. I just showed Gizzy his picture and she is rolling on the floor! LOL!

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thatn is agreat idea and I love that wreath Debbie. Love the way you make those roses.
    Have a nice week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun wreath! I love the way the burlap and sweater roses look against the French ticking! I'm going to have to make a trip back out to the thrift store, I can tell! Thanks for the inspiration!

    Grins!
    Pamm

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another "Wow!" project from you, Debbie. Looks great. Love the little burlap rose buds. ;-)
    ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  7. HI Debbie! Your wreath is so pretty and i love the lovely image in your mirror.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's so pretty, Deb. I love how everyone is cutting back this year and changing up what they already have. It's wonderful and more like what Christmas should be. Have fun and I'll be back, that's for sure. Hugs, Deb=^..^=x4

    ReplyDelete
  9. Deb, I love love it, you clever lady!! How fun you and Cyndi are using lots of red this year, I love it!! Falala from California,
    xo Kathysue ♪♫♪♫

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks great & it appears that, Baby Kitty is a big help when it comes to decorating.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fabulous wreath...I LOVE it and what a great way to recycle.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So simple and beautiful.!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Debbie your wreath looks fabulous and I just LOVE that first shot looking thru the mirror!! Martina

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like the wreath a lot. Hmmm, I have some ticking..... You inspire me, but lately it's been your cute cats. I'm beginning to want one again!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just discovered your blog...love it!
    The wreath is beautiful. Great job!
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are cracking me up about Baby Kitty. So glad you have better help at your house than I have here. Love the wreath too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Debbie,you are just toooooo funny and also soooooooo talented. Love your new wreath. Hugs,Marty

    ReplyDelete
  18. That turned out beautifully. I would never have thought of using the sweater for rosettes. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The wreath is really, really cute! I love how simple and sweet it is....I really like the fabric roses, too. And Debbie, you KNOW I love the kitty! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your wreath and love how you are re-purposing this year. I always enjoy seeing your decorations! hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  21. C'est magnifique Debbie! How clever are you to make those roses, they are beautiful. I can't believe you made the red ones out of an old red sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  22. DEbbie, I like your thought about Christmas .I am not decoration at because I will be away but on Dec 4th however I am planning trip to annual Christmas Home Tour in St Augustine, Fl with 1500 attendees.I am hoping to post some when I come back on my blog
    www.tablesedparis.blogspot.com
    all looks lovely in your home
    margret

    ReplyDelete
  23. Very cute! When I try to make fabric flowers, they just look like rolled up fabric. :( Love yours! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. LOVE the wreath. The red sweater flowers are brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Too cute! Love the texture of the fabrics and the shine of the little ornaments. I see those red candles behind it and love the colors you're doing. Looking forward to the reveal. My decorating seems to have no rhyme or reason this year...and I'm jumping from one thing to another. I'm making myself crazy-er.
    Babs

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love this wreath Debbie! Especially those roses! I loved your mantel last year, it was one of my favorites, so I can't wait to see what beauty you have created this year! I LOVE ticking!!

    Lou Cinda

    ReplyDelete
  27. Simplicity at its best Debbie.Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Debby I am just in Love with your Wreath!!! I think I will have to make one similar! Oh I am so glad I am not the only one who re uses the fabric from drapes!!

    Huggs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  29. This wreath is fun! I might do one for my sewing room. I'm a curtain cutter, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. I LOVE it, I LOVE it, I LOVE it!!! Can you tell I'm crazy about all things that say simplicity? ;) I just made a burlap wreath too and I'm still playing with some ideas for things to add to it. Love what you've done.
    Oh, and I'm attempting to do that same--recycle decorations.
    Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love the french ticking and burlap. So clever, so pretty and so french. Your wreath is darling. Its so fun to see you in my email. When I open it I feel like I'm giving a gift to myself. LOVE your blog Debbie.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Gorgeous wreath Debbie! Creative and oh so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Debbie,
    I adore your wreath! The French ticking is one of my favorites...and hard to find in our area! I must tell you that your thrifting and recycling has been such an inspiration to me to reuse and repurbish many of my own decorations, as well!Thank you for sharing your newest wreath and I'll be back to see the mantle in its fullness soon! Oh, Baby Kitty is so handsome...he makes my heart skip a beat or two!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  34. Oh Debbie, I love it!!! I have just the spot for that little dumplin' of a wreath here on the Ponderosa and it will fit right in with my oh so country decor!!!

    Thanks!!!

    God bless ya and have a marvelous weekend sweetie!!!!:o)

    ReplyDelete
  35. The wreath is so pretty, Debbie! I am a fan of ticking, especially when it's French!

    Thank you for linking your lovely project at Potpourri Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  36. One of my favorite ideas for authentic French Country Christmas decor. You always inspire and amaze me. Ticking fabric is a great choice.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Very pretty! Thank you for joining me at Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  38. Debbie, What a creative and beautiful wreath! I love the ticking and the flowers you made. How about some red ticking stocking from the left over fabric? Thanks for linking to the Open House party.
    Hugs,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  39. What a gorgeous holiday wreath! I love the colors and textures you used. I especially love that you did it on a tight budget and worked it! I love wreaths - I just never make them. Perhaps I should start!

    ReplyDelete
  40. The red ticking is just perfect for this time of the year. The wreath is wonderful! I saw your red ticking stocking and just loved them!

    ReplyDelete
  41. This is so fun! I LOVE it! I would love if you would share this at my Crazy Cute Party happening right now! I've got a totally awesome giveaway that you could win just for linking up! Come on over! ;D

    www.betweenuandme.com

    Oh! And I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  42. I love your wreath, but I think I love Baby Kitty a lot, too. So darling! Consider sharing them both with my readers at http://sassafrassalvation.blogspot.com/2011/12/sasss-sunday-salvation-show-4.html

    Christmas blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Your wreath is gorgeous, but I think the your Cat may have stolen the show. Such a cutie!!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Your French ticking wreath inspired me to make a wreath. I have referenced your blog here:
    http://www.cocoandmango.blogspot.com/2012/01/bake-and-make-continues.html

    ReplyDelete
  45. Love the use of french ticking in your wreath! I have seen lots of wreaths done with burlap or yarn but the ticking is really cute! Thanks for sharing :)

    Blessings - Sara

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I appreciate my wonderful readers!... Debbie