I knew that I wanted cylinders in three sizes so my first job was to scour the aisles until I found them...and I did! lol (Sorry couldn’t resist!) Then just a few more items plus some things from my stash and I was ready!
Here’s what you will need:
- Cylindrical shaped containers (I used Pringles chips, Comet cleanser and Pirouline cookies...and they are not paying me to say that!) ;-)
- Crepe paper in red and blue
- Scrapbooking paper of your choice (I used red stripe and solid red. I had planned to use blue and add star cutouts, but I found star napkins instead.)
- Patriotic ribbon
- Patriotic garland ( I used two sizes)
- Baker’s twine
- Cover the cylinders with a double piece of crepe paper, taping it on the side. Cut the bottom so that it extends about 1 inch beyond the cylinder, fold it in, smooth and tape.
- Cut several lengths of the garland at about 8 inches, twist together at one end, fold about 1/2 inch from the bottom and tape to the top of the cylinder.
- Cut the top of the crepe paper so that it extends about 2 inches beyond the cylinder. Gather it in at the top, extending about 1 inch beyond, and tie with baker’s twine, gathering in the garland as you tie.
- Cut a piece of scrapbooking paper as tall as the cylinder and wide enough to overlap a little when wrapped around.
- Wrap the paper around the cylinder and secure with tape.
- Add ribbon or other elements if desired.
Another element that will be making its way to my mantel is my POTTERY BARN INSPIRED PAPER STAR WREATH. I think this is my new favorite creation! It was easy and inexpensive to make, too!
And also expect to see my INDOOR/OUTDOOR LIGHTED PATRIOTIC GARLAND! I am loving the way all of the elements are coming together and can’t wait to show you the result!
And just in case you are looking for more patriotic projects, here are my FUN IDEAS IN RED, WHITE AND BLUE! There's a little bit of everything from dessert to decorations!
So stay tuned! My mantel reveal is coming! And how about you? Are you adding some red, white and blue to your home?
Remember to pin it!
Thanks for stopping by! Please visit these wonderful bloggers and their beautiful blogs to see what they are up to and to find a list of this week’s participants.
Thrifty Decor Chick for Before and After Monday , Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday , The Stories of A2Z for Tutorials and Tips Tuesday , Coastal Charm for the Show and Share Party , A Stroll thru Life for Inspire Me Tuesday , My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia for Inspire Me Monday, Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays , The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home on Thursdays, French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday , Craftberry Bush for the Inspiration Gallery on Friday, Tatertots & Jello for the Link Party Palooza on Fridays
See you next time! À la prochaine!