Here’s what you will need:
- Strand of indoor/outdoor mini lights (Mine came from Hobby Lobby) I have chosen to fold mine in half for a shorter garland with more lights.
- 1/3 yard of seven different fabrics in red, white and blue
- Florist wire
- Jute twine for hanging
And here’s what you will do:
- To create a shorter garland with the lights placed closer together, fold the string of lights in half and wrap with florist wire to hold in place.
- Wrap the wire so that the lead-in portion without lights is accessible to make plugging it in easier.
- Cut the fabric into 1 1/2 inch wide by 13 inch long strips. Sort the strips in the order in which you wish to tie them for easier access.
- Tie the fabric to the light string using single knots.
- Add loops from jute twine to each end to hang.
And there you have it! I love the colorful fabrics and the fact that it can be used indoors or out! Mine will eventually go on my mantel since the little grands seem to appreciate a little bling!
If you are looking for more ideas for the patriotic holidays coming up, check out my FUN IDEAS IN RED, WHITE AND BLUE for holiday décor and recipe favorites!
And be sure to head over to visit these talented bloggers to see what they have to share!
Remember to pin it!
Thanks for stopping by! Please visit these wonderful bloggers and their beautiful blogs to see what they are up to and to find a list of this week’s participants.
Thrifty Decor Chick for Before and After Monday , Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday , The Stories of A2Z for Tutorials and Tips Tuesday , Coastal Charm for the Show and Share Party , A Stroll thru Life for Inspire Me Tuesday , My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia for Inspire Me Monday, Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays , The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home on Thursdays, French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday , Craftberry Bush for the Inspiration Gallery on Friday, Tatertots & Jello for the Link Party Palooza on Fridays
See you next time! À la prochaine!