Baby kitty is especially excited about this one…inspired by a pillow spotted on Joss and Main…pointing out that it could stay out waaay past Valentine’s Day until Easter! Good idea!
I simply added a pair of bunnies and a heart to a page from a vintage French dictionary…Valentine-y without being too cutesy and the just-right vintage look for me!
Here’s what you will need:
- Iron-on transfer paper (I use Avery brand for light fabrics)
- Pillow insert (Mine is down and came from Goodwill for under $3.00)
- Fabric for the cover…the amount will depend on the size of your insert
- Print the graphic on iron-on transfer paper at 8 x 10 size. It has already been reversed for you.
- Cut the fabric to fit your pillow cover front one inch wider and longer than the insert.
- Apply the transfer to the pillow front following instructions on the package.
To create the back of the pillow cover, I find that it is much faster and easier to use an envelope closure. You will find a complete tutorial, including tips for measuring your fabric, by clicking here. This allows me to remove the cover for easy storage and re-use the pillow insert for my growing collection of throw pillows! :-)
I decided to take advantage of last week’s rare Georgia snow to show off my bunny pillow outside! It looks just perfect for snuggling with a cozy throw!
- A Farmhouse Valentine Wreath with Sweater Hearts
- Vintage Ironstone Valentine Centerpiece
- Farmhouse Valentine Mantel
- Pottery Barn Inspired Valentine Tea Towel
- Valentine Vignettes and a Vintage French Valentine
I am excited to join The Scoop's Valentine tour!
Under the Table and Dreaming for the Sunday Showcase Party , Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday , The Stories of A2Z for Tutorials and Tips Tuesday , Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday , A Stroll thru Life for Inspire Me Tuesday , My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia for Tuesday's Treasures, Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays , The Shabby Creek Cottage for Transformation Thursdays , No Minimalist Here for the Open House Party on Thursdays, French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday , Common Ground for Be Inspired on Fridays , The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday , Craftberry Bush for the Inspiration Gallery on Friday
See you next time! À la prochaine!
Also find me at…