Click to Visit These Popular Posts

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT DIY Spring Tulip WreathCONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Pottery Barn Inspired Nest Place Card HoldersCONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Farmhouse Spring Porch 6CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Easy Flower Pot Wreath

06 December, 2012

More Christmas Fun...My Burlap Découpage Deer

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Burlap Dcoupage Deer I have another fun and easy project for you…and this one was absolutely free because I already had everything I needed! It’s my burlap découpage deer!

deer And if he looks familiar to you, it may be because I was inspired by these fabulous fellows that we saw when I took you with me to a Christmas open house about a month ago! (Click here to see more!) As soon as I saw them, I knew I had to give it a try! Love them!

OzAnd it seems that even our somewhat sedate CEO Ozzie has taken a liking to my version as they seem to be enjoying a quiet moment together! Let me tell you how I made him…

Supplies I started out with one of the gold foil deer that had been stored in the attic with my Christmas decorations but had not been used in several years. Then all I needed was burlap scraps and Mod Podge! 

Mod Podge instructionsI just cut the burlap into strips, raveling the edges, and layered it on working from back to front on the body and from bottom to top on the legs. This keeps the fringe-y part on top. Don’t worry about the Mod Podge…it will dry clear! I had to use straight pins in the legs to secure the strips until they could  dry.

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Burlap Dcoupage Deer2 Then I wrapped jute twine around the antlers by hot-gluing the twine at the base of them and working up, finally hot-gluing again at the tip. And taaa daa! I have a special place to put him once I have finished decorating. What about you? Are you ready?

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed a little peek at my Christmas project! Please visit these wonderful bloggers and their beautiful blogs to see what they are up to and to find a list of this week’s participants!
Under the Table and Dreaming for the Sunday Showcase Party
Thrifty Decor Chick for Before and After Monday

Boogieboard Cottage for Masterpiece Monday
Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday

The Stories of A2Z for Tutorials and Tips Tuesday
Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday

A Stroll thru Life for Tabletop Tuesday
Cedar Hill Ranch for Cowgirl Up! on Tuesdays

My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia for Tuesday's Treasures and the Winter Party   
Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays
DIY by Design for Fall into Fall

DIY Showoff for the Holiday Highlights Party

The Everyday Home for the Better Late than Never Party 
The Shabby Creek Cottage for Transformation Thursdays
No Minimalist Here for the Open House Party on Thursdays

Stone Gable for Tutorials. Tips and Tidbits on Thursdays

Centsational Girl for the Holiday Home Craft Party
Cedar Hill Ranch for Homespun Christmas Handmade Holidays
My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday

2805 for Potpourri Friday
At the Picket Fence for Inspiration Friday
Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday
The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday

Craftberry Bush for Happy Hour on Saturdays
Funky Junk Interiors for Saturday Nite Special

See you next time! A la prochaine!

Subscribe by email or in a reader
Also find Confessions of a Plate Addict on:

24 comments:

  1. How cute! I am also a plate and dish addict.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie, I just told Jenny Matlock that I want to be her when I grow up, but I want to be you, too!

    How on earth do you do this every week??? I mean, you are the queen of creativity. I'm so impressed with all of your craft projects. I was going to say you need to give us classes, but you do right here on your blog. THANKS!

    I want to invite all of my creative friends over and get you to help me. Maybe some day!

    Love to Ozzie and the other kitties...

    XO,

    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  3. So lovely!
    I'm in love with Burlap... one of those loves that one day we're ok and in the other we're at odds ahahaha
    This deer looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much cuter than the original gold (ick) deer!! Love him!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute idea, this looks soo pretty. Hugs, marty

    ReplyDelete
  6. Debbie what an awesome project! Now I just need to find me a deer!:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are darling and so creative!! Ha, ha, I just noticed Isabella is in the sink. Interesting place to sit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Definitely one of my favorite Christmas DIY decorations of the season!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh My! I think you may have started a trend! Your deer look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this, Deb. I think this may be one of my favorite crafts so far. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is adorable I love the texture of the burlap and the tiny tree is cute.

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  12. He is sooo adorable! So easy to make, very inspiring, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are really cute. I have three of these to do and haven't figured out what to do with them yet. You have given me ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Debbie,
    How cute are these???
    I could see the price in your Open House photo and to think you made these from materials already on hand! Are you doing a Happy Dance around the Christmas Tree, dear friend???
    Loved seeing Ozzie!!! She is such a beautiful feline!
    I'll begin my Christmas Stockings on Monday for our Christmas On Crooked Creek!!! Busy weekend with a Progressive Christmas Brunch HERE!!!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful burlap deer, Debbie. Burlap is such a flexible and useful product--I'm always amazed at what I see people use it for, and this project is no exception. It turned out really nicely. Ozzie, of course, is simply elegant. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Debbie, How adorable! This is such a cute project. Thanks for linking to the Open House party and Happy Holidays. Hugs, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  17. Absolutely adorable deer! Who doesn't love burlap? And deer? I think I have some of these things in my attic too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So cute and now I'm kicking myself for "passing" on the pair of gold foil deer I saw at GW the other day.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful! Thank you for joining me at Home Sweet Home and have a Merry Christmas!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  20. Absolutely LOVE that reindeer! And your cat looks soooo much like my Callie!

    ReplyDelete
  21. You're so smart, Debbie. This turned out really cute! Thank you for linking up to the Better Late Than Never Christmas Inspirations bloghop.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I appreciate my wonderful readers!... Debbie