Click to Visit These Popular Posts

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT DIY Spring Tulip WreathCONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Pottery Barn Inspired Nest Place Card HoldersCONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Farmhouse Spring Porch 6CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Easy Flower Pot Wreath

28 December, 2011

A Woodsy New Years Tablescape

073 Keeping with the rustic, simple theme I used for Christmas in the dining room, I decided to continue into New Years with a woodsy theme with some natural elements and lots of texture!

062 But I have to have a little sparkle for some contrast, so I started with this great Pottery Barn mercury glass candle holder that I found at Goodwill for only $3.93woo hoo! It’s topped by a pillar candle surrounded by cinnamon sticks and tied with twine (tutorial here) for a little rustic touch.

066 On either side, nestled in greenery, are my wonderful weathered deer sheds…a gift from my dear friend Nan’s hubby Wayne who found them after I issued an all-call for any deer sheds from the woods! Love them! You know I can’t do real deer antlers unless they are sheds…too soft-hearted!

076 And on either end are more mercury glass candle holders, GW finds that were too shiny and got antiqued a little (tutorial here), and more cinnamon stick wrapped candles. Beside them are the little Dollar Tree snow birds that I made last year. 

078 At each setting there is a twiggy chestnut placemat to continue the rustic theme! Love them! I found them here. I am also using my great go-to Irish lead crystal goblets paired with some Goodwill wine glasses. The GW glasses always look a little fancier when next to the real thing!

061 And here’s my Wedgwood Queensware plain again, one of my favorite Goodwill bargains at $68 for 52 pieces…have I told you that before? lol Each one is topped by another snow bird sitting in a little nest.

048 The nests came from Hobby Lobby…two in a pack at about $1.00 per nest with a coupon. My co-host Baby Kitty is a little confused…where are the real birds?

059 Each place is set with my Gorham Octette pewter flatware…my wedding flatware from many moons ago…which has developed such a nice patina on its big chunky handles. Gotta love a three tined fork! The napkins look like vintage, but actually came from the clearance aisle at TJ Maxx at $1.00 each!

051 And there you have it…my woodsy New Years tablescape! What will be on the menu? Why, traditional Southern fare…black-eyed peas and collard greens for luck! I always say that I am really not superstitious, but I cannot start the New Year with out them! What about you?

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed a little peek at my New Years tablescape! Please visit these wonderful bloggers and their beautiful blogs to see what they are up to and to find a list of this week’s participants!
Stephanie Lynn at Under the Table and Dreaming for the Sunday Showcase Party
Sarah at Thrifty Decor Chick for Before and After Monday (first Monday of the month)
Mary at Boogieboard Cottage for Masterpiece Monday
Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday
Marty at A Stroll Thru Life for Tabletop Tuesday
Beth at The Stories of A2Z for Tutorials and Tips Tuesday
Linda at Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday

Kim at Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays
Judy at DIY by Design for the Winter Blues Party

Paula and Patti at Ivy and Elephants for What's It Wednesday
Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for Tablescape Thursday
Gina at The Shabby Creek Cottage for Transformation Thursdays
Sherry at No Minimalist Here for the Open House Party on Thursdays
Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
Courtney at French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
Honey at 2805 for Potpourri Friday

Heather and Vanessa at At the Picket Fence for Inspiration Friday
Diann at The Thrifty Groove for Thrifty Things Friday
Debra at Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday
Sherry at The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday
Jen at Tatertots and Jello for the Weekend Wrap-up Party
Donna at Funky Junk Interiors for Saturday Nite Special

See you next time! A la prochaine!

45 comments:

  1. So gorgeous! I love your white dishes- what a bargain too!! Love the natural theme- thanks in advance for linking up at FNF ! Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute, I love your Woodsy tablescape. Happy New year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowzers!! I LOVE your tablescape! I am on the look out for shed antlers! Great thrifted finds too!!

    Happy New Years!

    ~*Jessca

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cinnamon sticks look pretty against the mercury glass and I'm sure they smell divine, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Debbie I love your woodsy tablescape! I really love those placemats and the candles wrapped with cinnamon sticks. Happy New Year!! Martina

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love everything, Debbie! The mercury glass pillars, your flatware, the birds...it's all so woodsy and pretty. You are one creative lady!

    Happy New Year!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your woodsy look! The white with the natural elements is so pretty. I would not have thought to look for nests at Hobby Lobby! I love the look on Baby Kitty's face! Wishing you a very Happy New Year. I don't eat black eye peas! oh well! hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love love love that woodsy theme you got going on there.....would that not look wonderful in my house...LOL...and I still want to know where this fictional Goodwill store is where you always are finding these fabulous bargains.....
    And the Boss is always on the hunt for a three tined fork.....do they still make that pattern you have??....
    Stop by my blog I just posted Miss B's 2012 calendar....I think it's one of the best ones yet....not just because I'm the grandmother.....Happy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've done it again, another beautiful tablescape! I love the combination of whites & browns.

    Happy New Year!
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Debbie, your table is charming. I like the mix of natural elements and the crisp white dishes. Very pretty!
    Happy New Year! ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  11. Debbie,
    Your Woodsy New Year's tablescape is lovely! I adore all the natural elements from the pine bough, to the deer sheds, to the cinnamon stick...well, you get the idea! Baby Kitty looks as if he's truly speaking in this photo! My MoMa had Southern influence in her upbringing and she passed those precious qualities to me; however, our New Year's Traditional menu On Crooked Creek is from my Italian heritage...salad, garlic bread, lasagna,and New York Cheesecake!Have a Happy New Year , dear friend!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is lovely, Debbie! Perfect for New Years, or just winter!
    Happy 2012! I am sure you have some very creative projects brewing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just beautiful.

    I imagine we will have pizza in our jammies with our bubbly!

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your natural table looks wonderful! Love all of the outdoor elements with that touch of mercury glass sparkle.

    Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  15. You know, you just get better and better!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love it more than the one I have right now! Perfection. The tiny birds and nests...swoon.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a lovely tablescape. So calm and inviting! And all your Goodwill deals...gosh. The only thing they have it my Goodwill is yuky old clothes and plastic containers.
    You're one lucky gal!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a charming table! I hope Bitty Kitty is still not waiting on the real birds. Love the little nest, need to add those to my home supplies.
    HaPPy NeW YeAr!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You hit this tablescape out of the park! I love this natural look for the new year. Your pewter flatware is gorgeous. I would love to have a pewter set.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my Debbie! So, so pretty! You are so talented and creative!! I cannot believe you got that Wedgewood set for that price! That was the deal of the century! I have 2 sets of Wedgewood and I know how pricey it is! One set, Angela, was my wedding China and I adore it, and you have inspired me to get it out and use it more! Angie xo

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your table for New Years is so wonderful Debbie! I love the mixing of elements and of course all of your super great deals!
    They must have the best GW's around you! I seldom find much around us...especially the fine china.
    Another creative masterpiece!
    Happy New Year too!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  22. Just beautiful! I just love all you do! happy New year!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Debbie, your New Year's tablescape is beautiful! I love the woodsy/earthy flair you gave it! The shed antlers are such a great element to add, and I love the nests and birds, too! What a DEAL on your plates! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  24. This table is so beautiful! I have the Pottery Barn pillar candle holders and I also have little nests like the ones you used, yet it would never have occurred to me to put them together in such a woodsy-glam tablescape! I love it! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Nice warm, inviting table...it makes me want to pull up a chair to sit for a few.
    Great deal on the china...Goodwill is my favorite. I really like the pewter flatware.
    Love the photo of Baby Kitty, she is beautiful.
    Happy New Year, Debbie!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh, my, Debbie, that table is right up my alley - love all the texture....burlap, twigs, mercury glass, glitter - what more can you want?! Beautifully done! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  27. Everything looks beautiful! You've done it again, you are so creative. Another lovely, warm and inviting table. Wishing you and yours a very happy New Year, Debbie!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Your table look so pretty, rustic and elegant at the same time- how do you do that?! :) I need to have a heart- talk with myself over my coveting of such a great deal on those dishes!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Your tablescape looks lovely! The woodsy theme with the added touch of elegance of the mercury glass and cute little birds is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Your table is just sooo pretty...It is one of my faves this year...would love to have those weathered antlers...they are so cool...just wanted to let you know now that my hands are healed from surgery...I am excited to comment on blogs I love...instead of just reading...lol..Have a great New Year...phyllis

    ReplyDelete
  31. What an impressive woodsy New Years tablescape! I'm in awe of it's simple beauty!

    Happy New Year!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  32. what a stunning ny table. love the birds in nests.

    ReplyDelete
  33. This table was stunning!! I love the natural look. I also loved your Baby Kitty up there wondering about the birds!! Beautiful table -- thank you for sharing!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Gorgeous, as always! Love the mercury glass candle holders and cinnamon sticks! Baby Kitty is sooo cute! Happy New Year!
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  35. Marigene,

    What did you do this weekend to rest and revive (R & R) your hard-working and creative self?



    In and Out My Nest will host a new blog party each week called R & R Weekend.  Please  JOIN ME  to discover how creative bloggers rest & revive their spirits on the weekend. 



    Please link up and share your inspiring ideas - table designs, movie or book reviews, outings to fabulous places, or a written or photographic reflection.  Let's make 2012 a year of inspiring and revitalizing weekends!  Join me each Saturday afternoon at 5 pm to link up to this party.  First party, New Years Weekend!  


    Hope to see you there! Add the French perspective!

    ~CJ


    R & R Weekend Party

    http://inandoutmynest.blogspot.com/2011/12/r-r-weekend-party_29.html

    ReplyDelete
  36. Oh, Debbie! Those birds in nest are so sweet! What a neat idea! I just love it! Great shot of baby kitty! Love his expression :)

    ReplyDelete
  37. Debbie, Your woodsy table is beautiful! I love the rustic textures with the elegant mercury glass. Thanks for joining my party and I hope you have a wonderful New Year.
    xo,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  38. Hi Debbie- Just hopped over from 2805 and glad I did...I think this is one of the prettiest tablescapes I've seen! I'd be thrilled to find those dishes at the GW! Looking forward to more...I'm a new follower, and following on Pinterest and Facebook, too!

    ReplyDelete
  39. So perfect! I love everything about it from the Wedgwood to the pewter to the glittered birds and the mercury glass. One of my favorite tablescapes that I'll be sure to copy!
    Karee

    ReplyDelete
  40. Your table is absolutely adorable, Debbie! Love it! :-)

    My computer issues are at bay, and I am a happy camper. Have missed YOU!

    I wanted to drop by and wish you all the very best, my friend, for a wonderful New Year. Merry Christmas on the 7th day, too! Seven Swans a swimming! I got it confused earlier. It's six geese a laying. Seven swans a swimming. LOL!

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  41. A lovely setting for dinner! And love the little kitty who wants to come too!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Gorgeous!

    Thank you for being a friend to me and 2805 and for sharing at Potpourri Friday. I wish you a healthy, prosperous and sparkling New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Your table is beautiful, love the birds and bird nests. You never disapoint!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I appreciate my wonderful readers!... Debbie