Click to Visit These Popular Posts

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT DIY Spring Tulip WreathCONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Pottery Barn Inspired Nest Place Card HoldersCONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Farmhouse Spring Porch 6CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Easy Flower Pot Wreath

18 December, 2011

Christmas in the Dining Room

101A week from today will be Christmas and I think I am ready! How about you? I still have a few more things to show you, though, so I would like to give you a better look at this year’s decorations in the dining room…where I have done things very differently from last year.

085However, our scheduled co-hostess Miss Kitty seems more interested in checking out the bird feeder in the backyard this afternoon, so we will proceed without her.

132 I have already shown you my rustic tablescape using lots of natural elements mixed with red accents and mercury glass…

041 ...so now I would like to give you a better look at the rest of the room! The Welsh hutch is one of my favorite pieces of furniture in the house…reminding me of a French vaisselier. I finally found enough blue and white Spode plates to fill it this fall, so unlike last year when I used all creamware, I decided to embrace the blue…even for Christmas!

189 And I have decided that I love it! Just a few red candles…

045 ..a few shiny red ornaments mixed with greenery around my Red Cliff ironstone tureen…

193 …a wreath sporting sugared red berries…

069 …and the hutch is ready for Christmas! I also added some red candles to the rooster scones on each side and my latest project…my frenchy Ballard inspired Joyeux Noël pillow (tutorial here)…is decorating the French country chair. Everything looks festive without very many changes!

042 On the other side of the room, only a few large scale pieces have been added…

059 …a large lantern filled with almonds and a red candle surrounded by a small wreath…and a colorful red poinsettia in my new tureen…a $6.00 Goodwill find!

053And finally, to top things off, more shiny red ornaments suspended from the chandelier with silver ribbons! Surprisingly, Miss Isabella has not paid them much attention this year…

image …unlike last year when the temptation was just a little too great! Keep your fingers crossed that it will continue!
Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed a little peek at my Christmas decorations!  Please visit these wonderful bloggers and their beautiful blogs to see what they are up to and to find a list of this week’s participants!
Jennifer at Jennifer Rizzo for the Holiday House Party
Melissa at The Inspired Room for the Home Tour Linky Party
The Nester at the Nesting Place for the Christmas Tour of Homes 
Stephanie Lynn at Under the Table and Dreaming for the Sunday Showcase Party
Sarah at Thrifty Decor Chick for Before and After Monday (first Monday of the month)
Mary at Boogieboard Cottage for Masterpiece Monday
Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday
Marty at A Stroll Thru Life for Tabletop Tuesday
Beth at The Stories of A2Z for Tutorials and Tips Tuesday
Linda at Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
Kim at Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays
Judy at DIY by Design for Fall into Fall
Jill at French Cupboard for Voila!French Inspiration on Thursdays
Gina at The Shabby Creek Cottage for Transformation Thursdays
Sherry at No Minimalist Here for the Open House Party on Thursdays
Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
Courtney at French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
Honey at 2805 for Potpourri Friday
Diann at The Thrifty Groove for Thrifty Things Friday
Debra at Common Ground for Fabulous Fall Fun
Sherry at The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday
Jen at Tatertots & Jello for the Weekend Wrap-up Party
Donna at Funky Junk Interiors for Saturday Nite Special

See you next time! A la prochaine!

49 comments:

  1. Love the rustic table setting! I'm about ready for Christmas, need to wrap a few more gifts. Was in a mini riot today when Target was out of gift cards!!!!! Happy Holidays, Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the blue is a welcome change to the "norm" for Christmas. Love it! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to agree, when you have those Country French colors, you don't need much more. Your table ( and entire dining room ) looks so festive and inviting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, Debbie, so the Dining Room is prêt (ready), what time do you want us to show up??? !!!

    Mary in Oregon

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is all so festive and lovely! hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I love your room AND your kitties! Very Christmas at your house and all is so beautiful...

    Hugs,
    Linda at Beautiful Ideas

    ReplyDelete
  7. Deb you know how much I love blue and white so this is just my cup of tea or should I say PLATE!? Your home looks so warm and inviting, truly a warm Christmas home full of love!
    xo Kathysue

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely beautiful. I love the blue and white with red. So traditional and that spells Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful beautiful decorated diningroom Debbie. Love it all.
    MERRY CHRISTMAS

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks beautiful!!! I especially like the blue and white with the greenery. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Debbie,
    Beautiful! I adore your blue & white on the buffet with the pops of red! Your black lanterns are stunning! May borrow your almond idea...very creative!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love to see blue and white, especially Spode as I used to sell it with Royal Worcester in a store in Brighton Uk.
    I have some of the same plates as you and think they look great at Christmas with all the reds !

    ReplyDelete
  13. Honestly, it is picture perfect! I love all the traditional decorations.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It all looks absolutely beautiful Debbie!
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your home is beautiful, but I adore last year's photo of kitty...too adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Every detail is superb and the overall is holiday beautiful personified..

    Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  17. Debbie,
    All your decorations look wonderful, but I keep thinking, "how does she do that with cats in the house?"!
    The blue is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the touches of red in your decor... just beautiful. I've always admired your cabinet and hutch, so pretty dressed up in the blue! Very pretty!

    Have a very Merry Christmas, Debbie!!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  19. Debbie your dining room looks BEAUTIFUL!! LOVE all the Christmas touches you added like the beautiful vignette on your sideboard! Your hutch and table look gorgeous and love the ornaments hanging from you chandy. Have a great week, Martina

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your hutch is stunning with the blue and the beautiful Red Cliff pieces.
    Your table is so pretty in red, green and white.
    The poinsettia looks great in that new tureen, Debbie!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Debbie, your blue with the red accents looks fabulous. Love this look with your rustic table. Always fun to see what you are doing in your home. Your pillow projects have been wonderful. Happy Holidays! ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love your little touches of Christmas in your dining room. The pop of red looks so good with your blue & whites! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love how you changed it up from last year (which looked great too!). I don't like doing the same things over and over. Your hutch and blue dish display is just beautiful (love the tassels!). I like the small touches such as putting the fat red candles in the glass cylinders.

    Robin
    Robin Flies South

    ReplyDelete
  24. I adore your natural table...all the evergreen and the burlap is gorgeous! My favorite kind of table! The lantern and the candles are so pretty and I bet this is beautiful in the evening candlelight too! Just so pretty for the holidays with your blue and white adorning that gorgeous hutch! Merry Christmas!
    Miss Bloomers

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the look and especially your pillow. I am so going to make me one for next year. Your house is so beautiful. I love the fact you just left things as they are and added a little to the hutch to make it a bit more festive. I am downsizing and think I will go back to doing that. I used to mostly just add greenery to my existing decor but over the years have collected WAY too much stuff. It is time to let go of some of it and simplify. Thanks for such a beautiful blog.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love your table and I especially love your blue and white -- the hutch is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Looks beautiful, Debbie - the red really shows off everything... including the blue & white Spode plates. Soooooo pretty! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  28. First time reader/commenter...Your dining room is so beautiful! My mother-in-law just gave me a set of round balls with the twelve days of Christmas on them and I had no idea how I was going to display them but I think I will hang them from my chandelier! Thanks for the idea! Now I just need to get some ribbon and decide whether to hang them in the breakfast room or dining room. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Blue & white porcelain with greenery is just so perfect. It really says Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Beautiful, beautiful dining room! I love the blue mixed with red for Christmas. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Well, all I need is to show up! You did a gorgeous tablescape, rustic, cozy and warm...just lovely. Your dining room looks beautiful! Thanks for sharing. Merry Christmas to you all. FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  32. Debbie,

    Your dining room is gorgeous.Your decorated hutch,French pillow, rooster sconces, and festive tablescape are lovely lovely- just too many deatils to mention.It's tres magnifique! I didn't think you could top your decorating from last Xmas, but you did.Your posts make me smile.I really enjoy seeing your er, uh, somewhat helpful staff.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Debbie I LOVE blue and white and you have decorated is so beautifully for Christmas. My very favorite photo is the one of your sweet cat. It just brought a smile to my face and memories of our beloved cleo. She died of old age.

    ReplyDelete
  34. I just want to know how with your cats, you don't have cat hair all over and broken glassess and things like that? My cats shed so much and break everything and anything if it's on "their" kitchen table!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  35. Lovely table settings. I love the picture of your cat staring up at the chandelier.

    ReplyDelete
  36. What an exquisite table setting. Blue and white china are a favorite of mine and I have been collecting it for years. You have yours so beautifully displayed.
    Merry Christmas..and thank you for all the inspiration you have given me this past year.
    Mona

    ReplyDelete
  37. Hello Debbie, Christmas greetings from across the pond. So in awe of all your beautiful decorations, it must take a lot of time. But worth every minute I am sured, thank you for sharing and hope life is treating you well enjoy the season. Teresa x

    ReplyDelete
  38. Blue and white is appropriate for any time of year, Debbbie, and Christmas is no exception. I love that hutch with its addition of the greenery, red berries, and red candles. Your dining room is just so inviting! Thanks for the recipes in your most recent post- simple and good, that's what I like! Hope you enjoy a wonderful Christmas holiday.
    hugs, Sue

    ReplyDelete
  39. Debbie your dining room looks soooo STUNNING! I could look at it all day! Especially love how you decked out your hutch it's just beautiful!

    Love your darling Joyeux Noel pillow you made too! SO CUTE!!

    Going back to look again!
    Hope you have a VERY Joyeux Noel!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Debbie, your dining room is gorgeous. I love the blue and white with just the touch of red. All of the pine boughs are beautiful. Your tablescape is gorgeous. Such an inviting table. Hugs, marty

    ReplyDelete
  41. I think Ive died and gone to "plate" heaven!!Im Loving your blog! Im your newest follower and so happy I found you:)Your decorations are just the cats meow!!LOVE IT:) thanks,come by for a visit wont you?Deidre~ http://simplysimplisticated4.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  42. Debbie, I love all the Christmas decor and especially the blue and white. I hope you have a very Merry Christmas.
    Hugs,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  43. Your home is so pretty and festive!

    Thank you for sharing at Potpourri Friday! Have a very Merry Christmas and wonderful Holiday Season!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Hi Debbie,

    All is so pretty!
    Love your kitty kats, too. Did you happen to see the pic of Jakie in my sidebar?! He looks very much like he could be a twin. Lol Merry Cat-mas to the fur babies, too!

    Hugs,
    Linda at Beautiful Ideas

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I appreciate my wonderful readers!... Debbie