And here is my inspiration from Ballard Designs! I fell in love immediately, but it was $69 (on sale right now for $49) and that’s just out of my price range! Sooo…I knew I had to copy it…with one exception…I wanted red and white French ticking instead of black. I love the look, but it just doesn’t say Christmas to me!
Here is what you will need:
- Purchased plain pillow cover (mine came from Hobby Lobby)
- Pillow insert (Mine was down and came from Goodwill for $3.00.)
- Scraps of Christmas-y fabric
- Ribbon for the bow
- Iron-on transfer paper (I use Avery brand for light fabrics.)
- Hot glue gun
- Print the text (included for you in the next photo) on iron-on transfer paper. Apply it to the bottom portion of the front of your purchased pillow cover according to directions on the package.
- Draw a triangle for the tree and then cut it into six segments as a pattern, using scraps from three different fabrics. Pin the fabric in place on the pillow. My tree is a little bigger than theirs since theirs seemed small to me.
- Hot-glue the fabric down using small dots of glue in several places.
- Tie knots on either end of a length of twine and place on top of the fabric pieces, hot-gluing in place.
Here’s the graphic for the wording. It must be printed as is…backwards…on the iron-on transfer paper. It will be right side up once it is in place. I printed it in 8x10 format with Photoscape.
Finally, I added a little bow on top! Now just pop in your pillow form and you are finished! Total money spent…none…since I already had everything I needed ! Sooo…it was free…woo hoo!…instead of their $49 on sale! Love it!
Of course, my handsome co-host had to check it out. Hmmm…I see that he is double-checking my spelling and accent marks! No worries, Baby Kitty, it’s correct! :-)
And there you have it…my Ballard inspired Joyeux Noël pillow! Whew! Time is flying by and I still have a few more projects to squeeze in. Will I make it? Time will tell!
Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed a little peek at my Christmas decorations! Please visit these wonderful bloggers and their beautiful blogs to see what they are up to and to find a list of this week’s participants!
Stephanie Lynn at Under the Table and Dreaming for the Sunday Showcase Party
Sarah at Thrifty Decor Chick for Before and After Monday (first Monday of the month)
Mary at Boogieboard Cottage for Masterpiece Monday
Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday
Marty at A Stroll Thru Life for Tabletop Tuesday
Beth at The Stories of A2Z for Tutorials and Tips Tuesday
Linda at Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
Kim at Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays
Judy at DIY by Design for Fall into Fall
Jill at French Cupboard for Voila!French Inspiration on Thursdays
Gina at The Shabby Creek Cottage for Transformation Thursdays
Sherry at No Minimalist Here for the Open House Party on Thursdays
Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
Courtney at French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
Honey at 2805 for Potpourri Friday
Diann at The Thrifty Groove for Thrifty Things Friday
Debra at Common Ground for Fabulous Fall Fun
Sherry at The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday
Jen at Tatertots & Jello for the Weekend Wrap-up Party
Donna at Funky Junk Interiors for Saturday Nite Special
See you next time! A la prochaine!