Click to Visit These Popular Posts

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT DIY Spring Tulip WreathCONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Pottery Barn Inspired Nest Place Card HoldersCONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Farmhouse Spring Porch 6CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Easy Flower Pot Wreath

07 December, 2011

My Rustic Christmas Tablescape...Evergreens and Burlap

179 It’s finally looking like Christmas in the dining room, so I would like to show you my tablescape! It will be a small Christmas eve gathering, so I have set the table for four.

132 This year I decided that I wanted to use natural elements and traditional red and green as my color palette. Sooo…I started with a realistic-looking faux garland and layered in more pine cones and juniper cuttings as well as flowering cherry twigs collected last spring when they were full of buds.

162 At the center is a lantern with Gothic window glass…one of my favorites and first finds when I started Goodwill hunting several years ago.

143 Next, I scattered red pillar candles in glass cylinders and simple votives throughout the centerpiece. I love the ambiance they add!

169 Once again, I am using my favorite plates…Felice by Chris Madden…a $10 Goodwill find from last year! That’s my mom’s Towle Silver Flutes flatware. I love the simple pattern and the patina of old silver! The water glasses are my best Irish lead crystal and I have added some wine glasses found at Goodwill. Can you tell…I like to mix elegant with simple!

138 At each place is a Christmas ornament…nesting cardinals…for my guests to take home with them.

172 On the table…a drop cloth tablecloth topped with my versatile ruffled burlap table runner lend themselves to the rustic look of the tablescape.  (Click here for instructions for making your own runner.)

209 Baby Kitty reminds me that since we will have our dinner on Christmas eve, it might be nice to show you how the table will look in the candlelight.

088 And here it is! The candlelight gives a completely different look, I think!

067 I love the way the crystal and silver really glow! The candlelight seems to highlight the contrast of the elegant…

077 …and the rustic elements of the table.

091 An here’s just a little peek at the dining room. The burlap stockings from last year’s mantel are hanging from each chair, waiting to be filled with surprises for my guests! I’ll show you more later.

165 And there you have it…my rustic Christmas tablescape with evergreens and burlap. What do you think? I still have lots more that I am working on, so be sure to come back!

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed a little peek at my Christmas decorations!  Please visit these wonderful bloggers and their beautiful blogs to see what they are up to and to find a list of this week’s participants!
Stephanie Lynn at Under the Table and Dreaming for the Sunday Showcase Party
The Tablescaper for Seasonal Sundays
Sarah at Thrifty Decor Chick for Before and After Monday (first Monday of the month)
Mary at Boogieboard Cottage for Masterpiece Monday
Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday
Marty at A Stroll Thru Life for Tabletop Tuesday
Beth at The Stories of A2Z for Tutorials and Tips Tuesday
Linda at Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
Kim at Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays
Judy at DIY by Design for Fall into Fall
Jill at French Cupboard for Voila!French Inspiration on Thursdays
Gina at The Shabby Creek Cottage for Transformation Thursdays
Sherry at No Minimalist Here for the Open House Party on Thursdays
Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for Tablescape Thursday
Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
Courtney at French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
Honey at 2805 for Potpourri Friday
Diann at The Thrifty Groove for Thrifty Things Friday
Debra at Common Ground for Fabulous Fall Fun
Sherry at The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday
Jen at Tatertots & Jello for the Weekend Wrap-up Party
Donna at Funky Junk Interiors for Saturday Nite Special
See you next time! A la prochaine!

60 comments:

  1. Debbie - It's lovely! Your guests are sure to spend a good portion of Christmas Eve admiring your pretty table setting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deb it is so pretty I love the backdrop of your blue and white dishes with the red. You are so right the candlelight just makes it glow!! Another great job by Debbie, xo Kathysue

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's beautiful and elegant Debbie. I love the dishes and the stemware. It all just sparkles and glows. I think you've added so many nice touches, such as the nesting bird ornaments and the stockings. Your guests are going to feel so pampered and happy.

    Baby Kitty looks so cute.

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your table looks so lovely Debbie. I love the stockings hanging from each seat too :o) what a great idea!
    Best wishes
    Rose H

    ReplyDelete
  5. Debbie,
    I adore your Rustic Christmas Tablescape!!! The mix of natural elements with your dinnerware is stunning! Candlelight trailing down the center will keep your party of four warm, cozy and filled with shadowing glimpses of those surprises in the linen stockings! Thank you for sharing your talents with us!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  6. Debbie your table looks beautiful!! I love the centerpiece you created and love the burlap stocking hanging from the chairs!! LOVE IT! Martina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Debbie you always do such a beautiful job with everything you do.. Did you by chance see my photo of the dinning table with my cat on it? I had to stop and put him in the bedroom because he was in EVERY shot... Happy Holidays from me to you...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your gorgeous hutch filled with transferware lifts the entire design to a favorite scene from a Dickensian Christmas. The centerpiece is beautifully conceived and executed. It will be a marvelous evening. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  9. A very pretty table for a small gathering.Beautiful !

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so pretty! Are you successful in keeping cat hairs out of your plates? te he. Only asking because my crew are way too nosy on my table! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Debbie- I just love it. It is a mix of rustic and elegant and it's perfect! Loving that your kitty talks to you...I used to have a kitty that did that, too~;>)

    I can't wait to see what else you have been up to~ xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  12. This table setting is gorgeous...slightly rustic but very elegant! I love the blue and white dishes in the hutch peeking through all of the red.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful! It looks very elegant in the candlelight.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely beautiful, Debbie! The glow in the candlelight is so pretty...

    Hugs,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Debbie, your table is perfect. I just love the natural elements and the candle lit lantern. Very inspiring!
    -Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this! Oh my gosh we must be on the same wave length! I did rustic too....loved your centerpiece, the lantern, the nest and birds...ALL OF IT! So cute.
    Love your posts...they are over the top!
    Blessings,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  17. So beautiful...I would love to dine at that sparkling table!

    ♥Linsey

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think this is a truly gorgeous table setting! I love the rustic touches with the more formal pieces. Your center arrangement is so beautiful. I love the tall glass cylinders; the shape is just perfect.

    I love thrift shopping and your post proves why it can be so much fun. The dishes and the lantern are great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Debbie this is drop dead gorgeous!!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful! Perfect mix of rustic elegance!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful Rustic Luxe! So elegant and creative. The mix is very inviting and special.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful! I love the natural greenery mixed in with you garland! The burlap is just perfect with the red berries and birds! I also love the hanging ornaments! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Deb I love the rustic elegance of the table. That lantern in the center is a wonderful theme setter. The greens, candles and simple plates are perfect. I do love the cute cardinal ornaments at each place. hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love every bit of this table, Debbie! The centerpiece is just gorgeous...you can tell a lot of hard work went into it! Love your dishes the whole table by candlelight. Just beautiful!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  25. A beautiful and elegant tablescape Debbie.... !!! Love the red cardinals.... the pillar candles... the burlap runner and stockings !!

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is just a gorgeous table!!! I LOVE cardinals and these look wonderful nested on your table!!! Just lovely...

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful, just beautiful, Debbie!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautiful. I really love this.
    I've seen burlap used a lot this year, and your runner is darling.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Debbie, it is a beautiful rustic Christmas table. Your long centerpiece is stunning. I'm so happy to see you used the stockings on the chairs. They are a perfect little touch for this table. I know your guests are going to be delighted. ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love your rustic table.. it's certainly a favorite. Love the centerpiece.. and the burlap and the white and the red.. it's all so pretty. xo marlis

    ReplyDelete
  31. Your table is stunning. Love the rustic look.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Beautiful! I love your centerpiece.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Oh Debbie it is all so pretty! I am doing my dining room in a more rustic natural decor this year too- I really love the look of your runner - I haven't gotten around to doing anything with burlap yet.

    bee blessed
    mary

    ReplyDelete
  34. Its really outstanding Debbie, I love the mix of textures, the greenery and lantern! Again, a home-run!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  35. Beautiful room! Love your use of color - the toile drapes & the transferware are gorgeous together. The Christmas decorations are wonderful too.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Oh Debbie, it is beautiful. I love the greenery and candles for the centerpiece. The lantern is so pretty too. Your placesettings look fabulous. What a beautiful and inviting table. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  37. Gorgeous table, Debbie. Those white dishes are becoming a fav of mine, and the garland down the middle of the table is easy and beautiful. I'm a fan of lanterns on the table (will try again!) and the stockings on the chairs are just perfect! Love it. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  38. This is just lovely! I love the centerpiece, and I can't even tell that you started with a faux garland so it's great one. I also love the birds nests at each place setting. Totally different and totally lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  39. I love all the elements of your table starting with the drop cloth and the burlap table runner. The garland with the candles mixed in makes a great centerpiece. And those cardinals in the nests are the perfect touch along with the burlap stockings hanging on the chairs. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Hi Debbie, Wowser! Is that proper English? Probably not. lol Your table is absolutely gorgeous. I have to share this with my girlfriend, she's going to love it as much as I do. I adore the bird's nest on the plates, my have to borrow that at some time.. loved viewing this.. hugs ~lynne~

    ReplyDelete
  41. It's beautiful, Debbie. Rustic yet elegant! So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  42. The candlelight, the gorgeous lantern (what a find!), the burlap -- it all works for me. do you put surprises in the stockings hanging on each chair?

    ReplyDelete
  43. I love it all -- not one thing could I think of that would need to be changed or tweaked. Just PERFECT!

    ReplyDelete
  44. You have set a beautiful table! I am loving the burlap table runner that you have been using. I am going to have to make one (or beg my mother to help me make one, seeing how I can't sew!) I just love everything about your table. The natrual elements and the touches of red are just perfect! Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Debbie, This table is perfection! I love the mixture of the burlap with those fabulous white dishes and the fine crystal and flatware. The candles interspersed with greenery are the perfect accompaniment. This is going on my pin board for sure! laurie

    ReplyDelete
  46. Oh my goodness, another one of yours that I want to copy! I LOVE this rustic look, but yet it's also elegant....so perfect!!! I adore the lantern in the center, too. I'm going to be looking for one at Hob Lob.

    ReplyDelete
  47. Greetings, Debbie!

    I love your holiday look and how you mix the old and new - very festive and inspiring! Wishing you and yours all the best for a beautiful Christmas...

    Linda at Beautiful Ideas

    ReplyDelete
  48. Debbie I adore all of the natural elements; the burlap runner and stockings. The ornaments hanging just add to the beauty!

    Still many surprises coming up in our amazing 12 Days of Holiday Giveaways!! The French Basketeer has a lovely offering right now!

    xoxo
    Karena

    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  49. So elegant, Debbie. I'll bet your staff will be eating from crystal stemware. What? You didn't tell them this wasn't for their Christmas eve dinner? :) LOVE your centerpiece and that fabulous lantern. Have a great weekend,
    Babs

    ReplyDelete
  50. Everything looks beautiful. You are one talented lady. Merry Christmas! Kristine

    ReplyDelete
  51. You make Goodwill proud! Love the stockings on the chairs, too! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  52. Simply Elegant! The description is so well written. The plates are just what is needed and what a surprise and happiness to find at Goodwill. I really enjoyed your post. Happy Tablescaping! Pam

    ReplyDelete
  53. i have added your wonderful tutorial
    to my blog .

    thank you and happy holiday

    http://ourlittlenestonthelake.blogspot.com/2011/12/country-christmas-home.html

    http://ourlittlenestonthelake.blogspot.com/

    mrs aussie

    ReplyDelete
  54. So elegant! You just need a red bow on the cat!lol Love your table, exquisite!

    ReplyDelete
  55. I wish there was a "Like" button on here like on Facebook! :-) The centerpiece is really cool! I just WEEP with admiration to know you got those plates for just $10!!! That was an incredible find!!!

    ReplyDelete
  56. Hi Debbie! I love your table! Your centerpiece turned out wonderful and I love those dishes! I love the texture on them and the soft white color goes so well with the classic red and green! I love that lantern- that was a great find! Those burlap stockings are so cute on the chairs! Baby Kitty was right the candlelight is a good touch! Happy Holidays! Liz

    ReplyDelete
  57. Love all the details! That lantern is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  58. Simply put.....Simply Beautiful! Love the burlap runner, the bird nests on the napkins, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  59. Your home is so beautiful and warm! It just feels so welcoming. The christmas table decorations are so fabulous! Thanks for sharing these beautiful photos. Will surely pin them on my Pinterest board.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I appreciate my wonderful readers!... Debbie