Click to Visit These Popular Posts

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT DIY Spring Tulip WreathCONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Pottery Barn Inspired Nest Place Card HoldersCONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Farmhouse Spring Porch 6CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Easy Flower Pot Wreath

26 December, 2011

Christmas Breakfast Tablescape

016I hope that everyone had a wonderful Christmas! Here at the Plate Addict household, things are quiet after a busy morning with the grandchildren that began very early! Christmas breakfast has to be easy and simple as does the tablescape. So…it’s just a few quick additions to my rustic Christmas centerpiece!

081 While the staff is checking out the packages and wrapping paper, our beloved CEO Ozzie is slipping in a little snooze in her favorite chair…decorated with pink ribbons…her favorite toys.

120Following my decision to keep it simple on the hutch…just adding a few pops of red and green among the Quimper faïence…

019 …I have added a little more of the same to the tablescape… 

051 …with a wicker charger topped by my Wedgwood Queensware plain...a Goodwill bargain at $68 for 52 pieces...

023 …decorated with a few sprigs of rosemary from the garden tied with twine and a shiny red ornament…

095 …little green stars on the saucers, reminiscent of the little cookies they always serve with coffee in France, and a candy cane peeking out of the Irish lead crystal goblets…

133 …and my favorite Octette pewter flatware with its chunky rustic lines and three-tined forks resting on red napkins.

126Mr. and Mrs. Snowman shakers from Publix several years ago have joined the little reindeer in the shabby box from Joss & Main

127…and more candy canes and rosemary add a festive air to the little lead crystal urn filled with vintage flatware, Goodwill finds collected over time.

174 My country French rooster chandelier…another favorite… is decorated with more shiny red ornaments to finish off the simple Christmas  look in the breakfast room.

076Now we only need to add the breakfast casserole, biscuits and some fruit to complete the table! Won’t you join us?
My Christmas has been filled with lots of love, laughter and hugs…not to mention lots of time spent as a captive in the fort delivered by Santa! lol I hope yours has been all that you hoped for and more! It’s my last opportunity this year to say it, so…Merry Christmas to you all!

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed a little peek at my Christmas breakfast table! Please visit these wonderful bloggers and their beautiful blogs to see what they are up to and to find a list of this week’s participants!
Stephanie Lynn at Under the Table and Dreaming for the Sunday Showcase Party
Sarah at Thrifty Decor Chick for Before and After Monday (first Monday of the month)
Mary at Boogieboard Cottage for Masterpiece Monday
Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday
Marty at A Stroll Thru Life for Tabletop Tuesday
Beth at The Stories of A2Z for Tutorials and Tips Tuesday
Linda at Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
Kim at Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays
Judy at DIY by Design for Fall into Fall

Paula and Patti at Ivy and Elephants for What's It Wednesday
Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for Tablescape Thursday
Gina at The Shabby Creek Cottage for Transformation Thursdays
Sherry at No Minimalist Here for the Open House Party on Thursdays
Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
Courtney at French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
Honey at 2805 for Potpourri Friday

Heather and Vanessa at At the Picket Fence for Inspiration Friday
Diann at The Thrifty Groove for Thrifty Things Friday
Debra at Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday
Sherry at The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday
Jen at Tatertots and Jello for the Weekend Wrap-up Party
Donna at Funky Junk Interiors for Saturday Nite Special

See you next time! A la prochaine!

40 comments:

  1. I love the flateware! Hope you had the chance to take a long winter's nap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!! My favorite is the rosemary with the ornament a
    placed on each plate. It's so inviting... Makes me want to stop in for breakfast and a cup of hot tea. Merry, Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debbie,
    Adore the pops of red and green on your white dinnerware! The sprigs of Rosemary quite fitting and the aroma is just right...not overpowering , or too light! Lovely Christmas Breakfast tablescape!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  4. It all looks beautiful! I especially love the rosemary tied with twine and embellished with a red ornament. Glad you had a nice day with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks beautiful! Breakfast sounds delicious. Perfect to me, happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Festive and fun, as usual! Love the capture of your darling "CEO", too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks like a wonderful, fuss free table to accomodate kids and adults alike. I am so glad you had fun with your family-captive or not...xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the Publix snow men! We use those too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It all looke beautiful Debbie. Breakfast sounds great.
    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a sweet and fun table. I too believe that Christmas morning table must be easy and fuss free. I'm so glad you had a wonderful Christmas. hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi D....cheery table! The wicker chargers are my fav....can be dressed up or down. Love the little balls on the tree. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful table...love the rosemary decorated on your gorgeous white dishes!
    Miss Bloomers

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great centerpiece! And I love the flatware!

    Hope you had a wonderful Christmas! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is the little touches that make this table adorable, Debbie! Love the rosemary tied up w/the ornie. It is all so cheerful and festive. :-) hugs, Sue

    ReplyDelete
  15. OK, I love everything about this tablescape. The flatware is fabulous, the dishes....what deal and the simplicity of the decorations used to enhance the settings was spot on. Oh, and I love how you have inserted napkins/towels in the wine holder cubbies on your hutch, great idea. Thanks for sharing Debbie.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Simple yet so beautiful. I love it from a fellow plate lover...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very pretty rustic tablescape, Debbie. I love the idea of the rosemary sprigs. I should copy that cause we have so much in the garden...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your breakfast table is beautiful. I really love the rosemary and red Christmas ball tied with twine. That is simply a beautiful decoration.

    I am looking forward to trying your breakfast casserole as well. That recipe sounds delicious and is unlike any other breakfast casseroles I've made. Yum!

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your home looks divine. I love the fresh rosemary ideal, it always smells so wonderful. WE all work so hard, getting ready, and then in a flash it is over. Richard from My Old Historic House.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very pretty and inviting table setting! Happy New Year to you and yours!
    Lola

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your table and home are just gorgeous. You're an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Belated Merry Christmas, Debbie! Your breakfast tablescape is gorgeous, as is your whole room! So beautiful and festive!

    I'm particularly intrigued by the plant to the left of your hutch. Love it! What is it? And is it real or faux?

    ReplyDelete
  23. Yes, Christmas breakfast table needs to be simple. I love yours! Very festive, but not fussy!

    ReplyDelete
  24. It looks like you had a splendid time. Hope you got out of the fort unscathed, LOL!! Have a BLessed time with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Such a delightful way to begin Christmas Day. laurie

    ReplyDelete
  26. It looks so pretty with the early morning sun shining on your table. I have a very similar chandelier in my kitchen. In fact, it started a whole kitchen makeover!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I just thrifted those Publix Snow people shakers this fall. I loved using them.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Debbie, everything looks wonderful. So happy you had a wonderful holiday :)

    xo, Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  29. Fantastic!!! You pulled off what so many people would love to do for a simple but festive Christmas morning brunch or breakfast. It looks fantastic but it didn't take away scads of time from your family. Little additions here and there can sometimes make all the difference!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Beautiful, Debbie!! Refined, but fun, too! I love the shadow box filled with holidays goodies. And your flatware...love it!

    Hope you had a wonderful Christmas!! :-)

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  31. Everything looks wonderful!! I am now a follower of your blog and look forward to return visits. I invite you to join me as well at http://atastefultouch.blogspot.com Happy New Years. Hugs, Gayle.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Visiting from TTT. Like the arrangement you made for the plates, and I will take that box you have in the middle off your hands if you tire of it. My favorite part? The cat on the chair (Ozzie?). I'm a sucker for those 4 legged furry creatures.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Debbie, your tablescape is so pretty. I hope you had a fabulous Christmas. So wonderful to spend it with the grands. Thanks for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  34. Your breakfast table looks so beautiful! I love all the fun details. It makes me wish Christmas would last longer so I could do a fun tablescape like that. Well, there is always next year. I think I have to get started with my decorating earlier next year! Anyway, I hope you had a wonderful Christmas. Best wishes for the new year!
    -Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  35. Love the sprigs of rosemary - yummy scent! The silverware is fantastic! What a festive table. Have a fabulous new year!
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  36. Love your table AND all your PARIS posts. I am hoping to go back soon and will be using lots of the info and tips that you offered. Thanking YOU...

    Hugs
    Linda at Beautiful Ideas

    ReplyDelete
  37. I loved seeing your table and baker's rack, Debbie! I may have to copy your idea of using a wreath on the baker's rack -- looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  38. loved the box as part of your centerpiece.. must give it a try. Truly a lovely setting. Wishing you warmth, good cheer and many, many blessings in the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Great table...love the centerpiece. I keep coming back to check out the pewterware, it is calling out to me.
    Happy New Year, Deb

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I appreciate my wonderful readers!... Debbie