Click to Visit These Popular Posts

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT DIY Spring Tulip WreathCONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Pottery Barn Inspired Nest Place Card HoldersCONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Farmhouse Spring Porch 6CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Easy Flower Pot Wreath

23 December, 2011

Christmas and Quimper on the Hutch

157If you know me, you know how I love my vintage Quimper French faïence, so taking it down to re-do the breakfast room hutch with Christmas decor was not an option! In the spirit of working with what’s there that served me well in my dining room, I decided to simply Christmas-ify my hutch…Quimper ware and all! Hey…they have Christmas in Quimper!

191 I am going it alone today since the staff has gone to the mall to get in a last minute visit with Santa Claws! Sooo…all I have done is add a few strategic pops of red and green! What do you think? Is it festive enough?

163 In my beloved chippy antique bowl, I put a smaller overturned bowl in the center, added some shiny ornaments and a red candle surrounded by greenery.

149 A nest of my favorite birds…bright red cardinals…fills another small bowl…

152 …and another red candle and more shiny ornaments decorate my leaf-shaped candle holder…a favorite antique store find.

193On the upper shelves…a wreath of more red ornaments strung on a wire coat hanger…easy!…

157…and my egg cups…a special souvenir from the tour of the HB Henriot factory in Quimper during my retirement trip to France…are also sporting some shiny red ornaments!

048 And hanging from a knob…my childhood Christmas stocking brings back some wonderful memories! That’s my collection of terra cotta cookware behind it.

189And here it is…the breakfast room hutch all dressed up and waiting for Christmas morning! The table is all set, but I am saving that for later…but not too much later! Christmas is almost here! Are you ready?

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed a little peek at the Christmas hutch! Please visit these wonderful bloggers and their beautiful blogs to see what they are up to and to find a list of this week’s participants!
Stephanie Lynn at Under the Table and Dreaming for the Sunday Showcase Party
Sarah at Thrifty Decor Chick for Before and After Monday (first Monday of the month)
Mary at Boogieboard Cottage for Masterpiece Monday
Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday
Marty at A Stroll Thru Life for Tabletop Tuesday
Beth at The Stories of A2Z for Tutorials and Tips Tuesday
Linda at Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
Kim at Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays
Judy at DIY by Design for Fall into Fall

Paula and Patti at Ivy and Elephants for What's It Wednesday
Jill at French Cupboard for Voila!French Inspiration on Thursdays
Gina at The Shabby Creek Cottage for Transformation Thursdays
Sherry at No Minimalist Here for the Open House Party on Thursdays
Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
Courtney at French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
Honey at 2805 for Potpourri Friday
Diann at The Thrifty Groove for Thrifty Things Friday
Debra at Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday
Sherry at The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday
Jen at Tatertots and Jello for the Weekend Wrap-up Party
Donna at Funky Junk Interiors for Saturday Nite Special

See you next time! A la prochaine!

30 comments:

  1. I love how you are adding Christmas to your current decor. Love the Quimper and it looks very festive. I'm almost ready for Christmas. Just a little baking today and that's it.
    hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous!! Merry Christmas to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am all for this idea! I have not gone nuts this year moving out the "regular" stuff either. I kept remembering how my mother made our house festive with so little: fat red candles that we made; cedar, holly and magnolia from the yard -- placed strategically on the mantel, atop the piano and the DR table. It was all very simple, but it still seems more like Christmas than anything else to me.

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your Quimper all dressed for the Holidays. I dressed, rather than removed, a lot of stuff this year, too.

    Your stocking looks just like the one my husband has that was made for him in the 50's. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Debbie I just adore French Faience and Quimper ware! That was my wedding choice for dishes. never regretted it! Perfect for your beautiful hutch in the kitchen. Hope you're having a wonderful Christmas week! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just beautiful, Debbie! Merry Christmas to you and your family...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty -- I think it's nice that your incorporate your pretty things into your seasonal decorating! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Why remove when adding Christmas just dresses it up all the more? It looks just lovely, Debbie. Wishing you a very Merry Christmas! hugs, Sue

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful Debbie!! Merry Christmas to you and your family! Martina

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Debbie how wonderful all the Quimper pottery is and looks, so colourful and strangely festive. Thank you for popping by and your so lovely comments, wishing you s very Merry Christmas and a Happy and healthy New Year. Teresa from across the pond.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your Quimper ware is way to pretty to put away at Christmastime!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Debbie - great idea to Christmasfy the Quimperware - it's so colorful, why not! It's so pretty! Hope the staff didn't get hung up in any lines at the mall (or run into any dogs!) You didn't give them your credit card, did you?! :) Linda

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes, it's plenty festive enough and I am very fond of Quimper, too. Have a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, how lovely, Debbie! Everything you do is spectacular!
    Merry Christmas to you and your family,
    Shelia :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous!

    Wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas and happy holiday season, dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The pops of red are perfection!! I just finished for the day, or at least until tomorrow and then the festivities begin!! Falalala, xo Kathysue

    ReplyDelete
  17. How pretty the "Red Christmas" looks with your lovely blues. Merry Chrismas Debbie. Thank you for your very sweet comment you left on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Debbie, your Christmas-ified Quimper looks very festive! No sense in pulling down our favorite things and replacing them during the holidays when it looks just as terrific to just dress them up a little, right?

    Hope you have a wonderful Christmas!

    Hugs,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  19. The hutch looks great Debbie! Love the cute egg cups and your stocking is really neat! Merry Christmas:@)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Debbie,

    You have such beautiful collections that are only more beautiful at this time of year.

    Thank you so much for stopping by my little blog and leaving such nice words!

    Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  21. Looks beautiful! Your things look very festive and so pretty dressed up for the holiday. Merry Christmas to you and yours, Debbie!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Debbie, I think it looks perfect for Christmas! I love the ornament wreath and the cardinals, especially! Merry Christmas and best wishes for the new year!
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love how you 'christmasfied' your quimper ware.You always come up with such cute words. But it does really look festive. Thankyou for coming to my blog this morning and commenting on my 6 Days. It means alot to me, especially coming from you as I admire you and your blog so much. You're a great mentor. Happy Day to you today.

    Nann

    ReplyDelete
  24. I am a firm believer in "Christmasing-up" favorite year round decor. This looks beautiful!
    Merry Christmas!
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  25. Debbie, you know I love this display (with or without the addition of Christmas decor). Beautiful! laurie

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your Quimper collection is amazing! Love the red cardinals as well.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Debbie, all of your Quimper is so pretty and you have it arranged so beautifully. Perfect with the Christmas decor. Thanks for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I appreciate my wonderful readers!... Debbie