Click to Visit These Popular Posts

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT DIY Spring Tulip WreathCONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Pottery Barn Inspired Nest Place Card HoldersCONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Farmhouse Spring Porch 6CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Easy Flower Pot Wreath

06 February, 2021

A Little Winter Antiquing

 We have had a relatively mild winter so far but cold air and possible snow are on the way to Georgia! Sooo... indoor fun is certainly on the agenda. And in my book that means a trip to my favorite spot for antiquing...the Queen of Hearts in Alpharetta, Georgia! Right now I am not doing much in the way of going out but a virtual trip is certainly safe so I am sharing a previous outing. Want to come along?



 One of the first things I spot is this collection of chunky candlesticks in pretty tones of antique grey. They would make a fabulous statement on a mantel!

 And have you noticed...succulents are everywhere! The season doesn't seem to make a difference. I love that little wreath!

 And here's a larger one with flower pots...reminding me of my own FLOWER POT WREATH!

 If you know me, you know I love tureens and the details on this one are especially pretty!

 And I love the octagon shape of this one!

 Here's an unusual way to display a group of cuttings...maybe flowers in the spring.

 And you know I love the bunnies...

...and this family of sheep!

Copper pots always draw me in! I love their patina.

And here are some more displayed with a Provencal print that just calls my name!

I always have to stop and visit any Victorian quadruple silverplate that I see. You can always find such unusual pieces! I love the oak leaves and acorns!

And here's another one in a pretty sugar bowl! If you learn to recognize it you can always bet that it's over 100 years old since quadruple silverplate was not made past 1900.

Here's a fun idea...displaying small faux trees in vintage silver champagne buckets.

The shape of this antique French clock caught my attention...

...but it was the unusual color and shape of the works that was really amazing!

And I leave you with this piece and a question...any idea what it is? The tag didn't reveal its purpose and I am curious! If you have any idea, please tell me!

And stay tuned...I found a little something else while shopping that I am sharing next time!

Also find me at…
Facebook Pinterest Twitter Hometalk Subscribe Email
Enter your email to have Plate Addict's blog posts delivered Delivered by FeedBurner
You may unsubscribe at any time by clicking on the link at the bottom of the email.
Click HERE to read my Privacy Policy.
Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. The item you are trying to identify is a chimney cap. You can see on the bottom sides the deep "V" where it saddled the peak of the roof and the stove pipe would come up into this cap. It basically kept the rain and snow from entering the pipe and rusting it out or in the case of heavy rain leaking into your home or extinguishing your fire. Today's caps are much more utilitarian but this one was stylized with all the addition ornate swirls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a quadruple silver plate candelabra. I bought it because I just loved the design of it but never knew it was that old. Thank you for posting and I enjoyed the shopping trip. Oh so many beautiful things.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I appreciate my wonderful readers!... Debbie