Click to Visit These Popular Posts

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT DIY Spring Tulip WreathCONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Pottery Barn Inspired Nest Place Card HoldersCONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Farmhouse Spring Porch 6CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Easy Flower Pot Wreath

02 December, 2018

Snowflakes and Tin Houses Christmas Mantel

Christmas is finally well underway at my house and I'm ready to share! This year it's snowflakes and little tin houses starting with the mantel. I like to use my mantel as the focus of my decorations and this year is no exception. And since it will be a family Christmas, it has lots of color and a touch of whimsy.


I am loving all the soft shades of grey with the little houses and shutters contrasted with the bright reds and greens of the stockings!

I have to admit that I have been in search of these little houses for several years after first seeing one that was handmade in the Ukraine. I am so happy that the popularity of farmhouse style has made them easily available! (For those of you who have asked, I found mine at Walmart, Michaels and Bed, Bath & Beyond. I have also seen them at Target.)

 I gathered my collection on either side of the mantel like a little village...

 ...with the largest ones at each end to serve as my lanterns. I actually have lights placed inside to come on every night with a timer. I have to admit that I love seeing them turn on one by one! lol

Above each cluster of little houses is a shutter...a bargain from Michael's back in the fall...with oversized snowflakes added.

At the center of it all is a grapevine wreath topped with greenery and berries and finished off with a striped bow.

And...the most important element...the family stockings are hanging below, awaiting Santa's visit on Christmas Eve.

And finally, on the hearth you will find a pair of red boots filled with more greenery, berries and snowflakes. I must say that I think this year's mantel is my favorite ever!

And stay tuned because the Christmas reveals have just begun!

Remember to pin it!




Also find me at…
Facebook Pinterest Twitter Hometalk Subscribe Email
Enter your email to have Plate Addict's blog posts delivered Delivered by FeedBurner
You may unsubscribe at any time by clicking on the link at the bottom of the email.
Click HERE to read my Privacy Policy.
Follow on Bloglovin

9 comments:

  1. Debbie this is precious. I love the houses, shutter and those stockings. Christmas is such a special time and you always decorate so perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie, this is just beautiful. Can you please tell me where you found the tin houses? Merry Christmas to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad that you like them! The large ones came from Walmart and the smaller ones from Michaels and Bed, Bath & Beyond. I have also seen them at Target.

      Delete
  3. This is so adorable, Debbie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your mantel--those tin houses are just adorable! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! The tin houses are so cute. But can you tell me how you put the lights in them? How do you run the electric cords without looking like a tangled mess. Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad that you like them! The ones from Michaels came with battery-operated lights in them. I added battery-operated lights to the others...so no cords. The nice thing is that if you turn them all on at roughly the same time, they will come on at that time every night. :-)

      Delete
    2. Thank you. I will have to look for those. Looking forward to the rest of your reveals!

      Delete
  6. Your mantel is darling, Debbie!! I always love your creative decor :) Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I appreciate my wonderful readers!... Debbie