Click to Visit These Popular Posts

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT DIY Spring Tulip WreathCONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Pottery Barn Inspired Nest Place Card HoldersCONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Farmhouse Spring Porch 6CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Easy Flower Pot Wreath

25 November, 2018

Joanna Gaines Fall to Christmas Wreath Makeover

I am sure that by now you have seen the line of home décor from Joanna Gaines at Target. You've got to love her farmhouse style and the reasonable price of many of the items. Her floral line in particular seems to be well-made and unique. So when I found several of her fall wreaths in the clearance aisle you know my thrifty little wheels started to turn!


I couldn't wait to get going with my plan! You can see that I had to make myself stop dismantling it to take a photo! lol The wreath is filled with loads of faux olive leaves and a sprinkling of eucalyptus along with some craspedia. It had originally been about $37 but was marked down to $18...very reasonable for all of the greenery! My friend Linda even found it at her Target for $11...quite a bargain!

And the wreath form itself is also very well-made with a sturdy hook already built in. I will definitely keep an eye out for her florals in the future! Once I had pulled out all of the brown leaves and the little yellow craspedia, I went to work.

Here is what you will need: 
  • Wreath with lots of greenery (You wouldn't have to use the one that I did.)
  • Red berries (mine came from Hobby Lobby)
  • Red ornaments (mine came from Walmart)
  • Florist wire
  • Wire cutters
And here is what you will do:
  • Cut a length of  florist wire and thread it through the ornament
  • Wrap the wire around the wreath form, pulling it tight and winding it together on the back to hold it in place.
  • Cut a section of the berries and insert it directly into the wreath form so that it is firmly in place.
Repeat around the wreath, alternating ornaments and berries until the wreath is covered. I find that it helps to start with one ornament at the top and one at the bottom and then space the others in between.

And here it is! Since the berries and ornaments came from my Christmas stash, the wreath only cost $18 total. Woo hoo! Comparable wreaths at high-end stores are selling for $150 and up! I am hanging it on the inside of my front door to say "Come again" to my guests as they leave. Do you do that...have a wreath on each side of your front door?

My mantel is finished and I am waiting for my daughter to unpack the special family Christmas stockings so I will share it very soon!

Remember to pin it!



Also find me at…
Facebook Pinterest Twitter Hometalk Subscribe Email
Enter your email to have Plate Addict's blog posts delivered Delivered by FeedBurner
You may unsubscribe at any time by clicking on the link at the bottom of the email.
Click HERE to read my Privacy Policy.
Follow on Bloglovin

4 comments:

  1. Her items at Target are really pretty. I love how you updated the wreath for Christmas. Love all that greenery...it says Southern to me. I've got my tree ready to decorate if the Grands can come over today. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's beautiful and I did see those wreaths marked down...I bought some of her eucalyptus springs. I like that your wreath can take you well into January. Pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the transformation....beautiful!! I’ll definitely be on the lookout for her wreaths when they go on clearance in the future!! Thanks for sharing....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Debbie, I LOVE your transformation! The shade of red is perfect, too!! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I appreciate my wonderful readers!... Debbie