Click to Visit These Popular Posts

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT DIY Spring Tulip WreathCONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Pottery Barn Inspired Nest Place Card HoldersCONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Farmhouse Spring Porch 6CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Easy Flower Pot Wreath

21 October, 2018

5 Minute Halloween Placemats

Can you believe that October is almost over and Halloween is only 10 days away? My little grands are so excited and I am amping up the decorations! My latest creation adds some Halloween fun to the dinner table and, believe it or not, it only took five minutes to make. In fact, the kiddos could even take on this super-easy project!



Here's what you will need:
  • Round placemats in orange and/or black (I found mine at Publix but I also saw them at Pier 1)
  • Black and/or orange felt squares
  • Mod Podge for Fabrics and a brush to apply it
  • Print out of a jack-o-lantern face (There are lots of them on the internet but I found mine here.) I had to crop the original down to just the face and play with the printer to get the size I wanted. You can also find store-bought jack-o-lantern face templates intended for pumpkin carving.
And here's what you will do:
  1. Pin the jack-o-lantern pieces to the felt and use them as a template to cut out your face.
  2. Apply Mod Podge to the back of the felt pieces and position them on the placemat.
  3. Allow to dry overnight. 

And here you have it...all ready to delight the little grands as they eat their meals!

I also did one in the reverse colors so the grands would have different placemats and I really like the way it turned out! It would be fun to do a tablescape and alternate them around the table.

I also wanted to show you my new loves...my vintage-look Halloween characters!  Aren't they cute? Can you believe they were half off at the Halloween aisle at CVS? Something about the old-fashioned Halloween characters draws me in every time!

Also be sure to check out my 10 EASY IDEAS FOR HALLOWEEN for more ways to add that festive Halloween touch without a lot of work!

Remember to  pin it!





Also find me at…
Facebook Pinterest Twitter Hometalk Subscribe Email
Enter your email to have Plate Addict's blog posts delivered Delivered by FeedBurner
You may unsubscribe at any time by clicking on the link at the bottom of the email.
Click HERE to read my Privacy Policy.
Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments:

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I appreciate my wonderful readers!... Debbie