Click to Visit These Popular Posts

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT DIY Spring Tulip WreathCONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Pottery Barn Inspired Nest Place Card HoldersCONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Farmhouse Spring Porch 6CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Easy Flower Pot Wreath

27 September, 2012

My Front Porch for Fall

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Front Porch for FallFall is finally here and it has arrived on my front porch! I can’t wait for you to see it because it includes  something different that I have been planning for a year now. Do you see it?

page Here’s a look at my porch…pumpkins, lanterns, mums and…yes, that’s it!…a dried corn garland above the door! I am so excited! But first…there’s another little surprise hiding in the photo. Do you see her? Look in the sidelight to the right of the front door…

kitty helper  …and you will see my co-host today…Miss Kitty! She is keeping an eye on me and making sure everything is in its proper place.

basket and garland 3This year I wanted to use as many natural elements as possible with more muted fall colors…softer shades of orange and gold on the door.
 
basket I used a basket that I found at Goodwill several years ago and filled it with leaves, pyracantha berries, little pumpkins and ears of dried corn.

corn garland And strung above the door…a garland made of more dried corn. Click here to get the details on what inspired me and how to make it!

right 4 On one side of the door…traditional orange pumpkins …

pumpkin lantern …and a stack of tiger pumpkins filling a lantern. Love their colors!

pansies And on either side, a pumpkin-shaped pot that I found at Lowe’s last fall filled with pansies in my favorite color combination…yellow, purple and white.

left On the other side, more of the same…

wheat lantern …except that the lantern is filled with wheat…perfect for fall!

mums  I also added these wonderful mums with a variety of colors in one pot! Love it!

porchAnd here it is…my front porch for fall! But I do have a little confession…any leaves that you see are faux! lol It’s still waaay too warm here for any changing leaves! Hey…whatever it takes to set the mood for fall until the weather catches up with the calendar here in the South! What about you? Are you seeing any signs of fall?

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed a little peek at my porch! Please visit these wonderful bloggers and their beautiful blogs to see what they are up to and to find a list of this week’s participants!
Under the Table and Dreaming for the Sunday Showcase Party
Thrifty Decor Chick for Before and After Monday

Boogieboard Cottage for Masterpiece Monday
Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday

The Stories of A2Z for Tutorials and Tips Tuesday
Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday

A Stroll thru Life for Tabletop Tuesday
Cedar Hill Ranch for Cowgirl Up! on Tuesdays

My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia for Tuesday's Treasures
Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays
DIY by Design for Fall into Fall

Thrifty Decor Chick for the Easy Fall Decor Party  The Shabby Creek Cottage for Transformation Thursdays
No Minimalist Here for the Open House Party on Thursdays

Stone Gable for Tutorials, Tips and Tidbits on Thursdays
My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday 

2805 for Potpourri Friday
At the Picket Fence for Inspiration Friday
Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday
The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday

Craftberry Bush for Happy Hour on Saturdays
Funky Junk Interiors for Saturday Nite Special
Debbiedoo's Power of Pinterest Party on Saturdays
See you next time! A la prochaine!

41 comments:

  1. Debbie, that is just about the neatest idea ever!
    I am ready to head on over to my neighbors cornfield this morning and grab a few! hehe.
    Your porch is utterly amazing! And I think Miss Kitty looks ready to head on out and enjoy the weather! hehe.
    Are trees are turning rapidly and I would say we will be at peek in about 2 weeks.
    Hugs,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dropping by from HomeTalk. Your front door area looks great! I am looking for ideas myself! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks wonderful, I love all the muted color and texture. The corn garland is a very creative touch. Perfect as usual.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the the lanterns with wheat and pumpkins and the pany pumpkin pots and of course the corn garland.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sooooo pretty Debbie! I love how you filled the lanterns with the wheat and pumpkins and love that pretty arrangement on your front door! That pic with Miss Kitty peeking out is too sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's beautiful, Debbie! I love that corn garland. I bought 2 bunches of Indian corn, but haven't decided how to use it.

    Smiles,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Breathtakingly beautiful. I love everything but if I had corn like that on my front door the bear would eat it in a second.

    I think the lantern filled with pumpkins is perfect. I want this porch.

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Debbie, You are an original! I predict a run on corn now. Seriously what a great look.
    Leslie (aka Gwen Moss blog)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a welcoming sight at your front door! Even if I didn't know I'd be drawn to that entryway. I have a feeling you'll be making a few more friends in your neighbourhood!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your front porch Debbie, especially the corn garland. Your lantern filled with wheat is my favorite. Happy Fall!

    ~Emily
    The French Hutch

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, what an awesome fall entry! Love your lanterns; and the pumpkins and mums add such vibrant color! Very pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Deb, I just wrote a post on trying to get in the mood for Fall. Having been gone the last two weeks I am way behind. I should have read your post first and I would have totally been in a Fall-kind-of-mood!!! Love the corn garland. As always you are one creative lady and I love my visits here!! Happy Fall to you dear friend,
    xo Kathysue

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Debbie,
    The corn cob garland! Good thing Miss Kitty had you under her watchful eye! Somebody has to be in charge!
    Cheers!,
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  14. Debbie I love your porch! The colors and textures are beautiful. Love those pumpkins with the flowers in them and of course the 'tiger' pumpkins! Glad Miss Kitty was making sure you did everything correctly! It is perfect! Even the faux fall leaves...none here yet for sure! Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow Debbie... Beautiful! The corn cob garland got my vote!!!
    Cheers, Gee

    pop on over for a visit...
    http://www.simplymedesignsbygee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the photo of Miss Kitty peering out the corner of the sidelight...hope she enjoys the inviting entryway as much as I do, Deb!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You're entry way looks gorgeous, love the Indian corn garland. xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. The corn garland is a great idea! I am sure our neighborhood squirrels would manage to get at mine somehow! I love the pumpkins you found at Lowe's...very unique! I really thought those were real leaves and thought it was pretty authentic that you didn't sweep them up before your pictures! lol!

    Have a great day!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  19. Now that's a porch!! Love the corn!! ~ Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  20. You did a beautiful job on your front porch, Debbie! Really welcoming, too! I have yet to get to the outside. I lie. I bought a 6 inch pot of mums the other day at Home Depot and plopped it on my table out front. : ) It's been raining here so hopefully in the next day or so, when it stops, I can get out there.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your front porch is absolutely stunning! I am pinning it for inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi, Debbie

    How lovely is your front door. I am in love with your fall decor.

    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  23. So much great stuff to take in all at once..I shall return,often I am sure. If I am not a follower I will be by the time you read this..wl ck back often as i can; hope you can find time to visit Like Gramma's House..

    Jonell

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a cute and clever corn garland, Debbie! If I had one, those pesky squirrels who inhabit my yard would have it torn to shreds! I caught one taking a bath in our stream a few weeks ago- talk about making oneself at home! LOL
    Your porch looks very welcoming. :-) Sue

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your front porch looks beautiful Debbie! I love the corn garland...what a great idea!! Thanks for sharing, Gail

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your corn garland is just fabulous! Who knew that I could inspire something so pretty! All of the front porch details are spot on! Thank you for sharing your creativity at Potpourri Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love your "corny" garland. How much fun, and all the pumpkins. I'm inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Your front porch looks great, Debbie! Love the corn garland idea, so clever. And I really love the lanterns filled with fall goodies! My favorite time of year- now if it only felt like fall outside!

    ReplyDelete
  29. i love
    how Autumny
    your porch looks

    just stopping by
    from Common Ground

    thanks for sharing!

    alison

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi Debbie: I'm visiting again from Home Sweet Home, but I've decided to stay awhile so I'm your new follower. I'm liking all your fall decorations and especially that corn garland. Looking forward to hearing how you came up with it. Please visit the Cottage when you have the time. You will be most welcome..Happy Thursday..Judy

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh Debbie...c'est magnifique...je l'aime !thank you so much for taking the time to share with us at our Happy HOur linky party again..it means a great deal....xo Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  32. WOW, Debbie! YOur front porch us full of fall and is just fabulous! I am wild about the corn garland!!!! Great and unique addition! Thanks for sharing all your fall porch inspiration at TUTORIALS TIPS AND TIDBITS!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love your corn cobb garland and your entire welcoming entrance!!! Fall colors reached their peak up here in the north and we're on the back stretch now. We already had a dusting of snow last week.

    One word of warning. Miss Kitty and friends better keep a close eye on that corn! Those pesky squirrels at 911 would be dragging that garland away lickety split!! I have to strip any stray cobbs from my cornstalks, or they tear the stalks apart while I'm away at work. Maybe Miss Kitty needs to come here and straighten them out!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Your display is beautiful... the corn adds a nice touch! The burlap pumpkin pot is cute, too!

    ReplyDelete
  35. You always to such a fabulous job Debbie on your displays! I wonder if you will have squirrels visiting with your corn garland!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Gorgeous! I'm seriously loving that corn garland! I just found you and am your newest follower-I hope you visit and say hi :)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  37. Debbie, your porch is wonderful, I'm featuring this post at Vintage Inspiration tomorrow, xo

    ReplyDelete
  38. Debbie,
    I love your porch! The corn garland is super cute! Thank you for joining me at HSH!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  39. You are featured today at Potpourri Friday at 2805!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Such a pretty autumn entryway to your home, Debbie--love the corn garland, the wreath, and the tiger pumpkins in the lantern! Clearly you should let Miss Kitty assist more often, because this turned out lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I appreciate my wonderful readers!... Debbie