Click to Visit These Popular Posts

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT DIY Spring Tulip WreathCONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Pottery Barn Inspired Nest Place Card HoldersCONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Farmhouse Spring Porch 6CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Easy Flower Pot Wreath

29 September, 2012

Halloween Fun...Easy Duct Tape Pumpkins

 I really had fun with this project…duct tape pumpkins! Can you believe all the wonderful colors and patterns this stuff comes in now? And there are even special ones just for Halloween! A couple of trips to Michaels armed with coupons and I was armed with a selection of styles.

BK As usual, I was assisted by my handsome co-host Baby Kitty who was hoping for a  mouse-themed pumpkin…maybe next year!

Duct Tape Pumpkin TutorialIt was really simple! Here’s what I did:
1. I started with a faux pumpkin from Dollar Tree and painted the stem to match my tape…in my case, black.  Then I covered each side with a section of tape to give a it a straight start.
2. Next, I added a second length in the middle each of the four empty spaces, smoothing it out as I went.
3. I finished it off by adding strips that were cut in half, thus half as wide. You really only need to start a cut and then tear the rest. (Please ignore my co-host's tail in the photo!)
4. Finally, I gave it a good smoothing all over. I should say that there will be wrinkles no matter how hard you try. It just has to be part of the “charm.”

Leopard Pumpkin And here is the final product! I think will enjoy these…really different from my other pumpkins!

Duct Tape Pumpkins with Bat Then I had to play with them a bit using Picmonkey’s Halloween effects!   
Spooky!

Duct Tape Pumpkins And here’s a final look. I think I really like the candy corn pumpkin! It just looks like Halloween! Hmmm…all of a sudden I’m craving a treat!
What about you?

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed a little peek at my project! Please visit these wonderful bloggers and their beautiful blogs to see what they are up to and to find a list of this week’s participants!
Under the Table and Dreaming for the Sunday Showcase Party
Thrifty Decor Chick for Before and After Monday
Boogieboard Cottage for Masterpiece Monday
Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday
The Stories of A2Z for Tutorials and Tips Tuesday
Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
A Stroll thru Life for Tabletop Tuesday
Cedar Hill Ranch for Cowgirl Up! on Tuesdays
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia for Tuesday's Treasures
Jennifer Rizzo for the Fabulous Fall Party
Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays
DIY by Design for Fall into Fall

Thrifty Decor Chick for the Easy Fall Decor Party
The Shabby Creek Cottage for Transformation Thursdays
No Minimalist Here for the Open House Party on Thursdays
Stone Gable for Tutorials, Tips and Tidbits on Thursdays
My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday 
2805 for Potpourri Friday
At the Picket Fence for Inspiration Friday
Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday
The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday
Craftberry Bush for Happy Hour on Saturdays
Funky Junk Interiors for Saturday Nite Special
Debbiedoo's Power of Pinterest Party on Saturdays
See you next time! A la prochaine!


Want to see more? 
Subscribe by email or in a reader 
Also find Confessions of a Plate Addict on:

46 comments:

  1. How cute!! Can't wait to show this to my oldest daughter, she's going to love them and want to make one for her room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling...I like them both, but I adore the candy corn one...uh, now I gotta try this!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so dang cute! I just love them! Thank you for sharing this tutorial! Gotta try these! Happy Fall!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They turned out cute Debbie, love the candy corn one! I've even seen Eagles tape, can't wait to see what they come up with for Christmas:@)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You said it for me, Debbie. I love the candy corn pumpkin the best! They all turned out well, though!
    And Baby Kitty....well you get me at Baby Kitty every time. Love his tail in the one shot. So cat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful work!!! nice blog!!! would you like to follow each other?
    Besos, desde España, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Debbie, these are majorly cute. MAJORLY. And it looks like something even I might attempt. Thanks for the instuctions. You are one talented lady.

    Love to Baby Kitty. Hope all is well in your world.

    XOXOXOX,

    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  8. MORE cuteness from you! These are sooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are really cute and would be 'kid' friendly I would think!! Love the candy corn...I agree it's time for a treat! hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've got to do the animal print pumpkin. I love animal print.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those pumpkins are adorable. What an awesome idea. The animal print would be perfect in my son's room.

    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was just saying the other day how we needed to come up with a leopard pumpkin! wow, you did it!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You never cease to amaze me with your creative skills! :) The pumpkins are awesome and so very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I saw the candy corn duct tape at Home Depot...so cute.....now I know what to do with it...this will be fun, thank you for idea.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your pumpkins are so cute! After my decoupage pumpkin disaster, I've been a little leary of decorating pumpkins, but maybe I could actually do this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my gosh I saw that duct tape at Joann's and thought it was so cool, Now I have a new way to use it! You are so clever and I love your pumpkins and baby Kitty!! xo Kathysue

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is one to try. Using the hobby store's coupons will make this project twice as fun!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Another great project. You hit a home run again, Debbie.

    ReplyDelete
  19. i love the egg (oufs) cups at details or the wicker baskets (love). i would love to be entered!!!
    sarah

    ReplyDelete
  20. i forgot to mention that i made a duct tape pumpkin last week from a houndstooth patterned duct tape from michaels and love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Pinned your giveawayon Pinterest.
    Rita at Cashel1916@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I think a stop at Joann's is in order on my way home from work tomorrow...I need a pumpkin-themed gift for Thursday - this is definitely the ticket. I might even try to "win" my own pumpkin back!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. How much fun and the pumpkins are adorable! Thanks for another great project.
    Have a great week.
    Babs

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love that "duck tape"....saw it at Hobby Lobby and thought how cool is that tape...love that you covered the pumpkins with it....I love the leopard pumpkin!!!....

    ReplyDelete
  25. I had no idea that duck tape had become so decorative!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I haven't tried crafting with doct tape. Gonna hafta, now!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Very cute!!! Now I have to go and see if they have damask print duct tape...or better yet...music note duct tape!!!
    Thank you for the tutorial...I may have to make one of these myself :^)
    Blessings to you and the executives,
    J

    ReplyDelete
  28. Way too cute!! Gotta love anything duct tape!

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a great idea--I walked past some of this pretty duct tape when I was at Home Depot last weekend! Baby Kitty is always such a helper-be!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Debbie, you are so creative!! What a clever, fun idea! Another great project to try. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love the leopard one! I'll be sharing a houndstooth one I made in a couple of days. These are so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  32. These are great, Debbie, and so simple. It's funny, I just returned from my first trip to Paris and I didn't see any Halloween decorations there!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Those Duck Tape Pumpkins are so cute. I can see myself doing this.

    Yael form Home Garden Diggers

    ReplyDelete
  34. How cute!! The candy corn pumpkin is extra cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. These are the sassiest pumpkins I have ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Great idea! I hope you will stop by and link up at my All Things Fall Party! http://www.thevintagefarmhouse.com/2012/09/all-things-fall-and-folk-magazine.html

    ReplyDelete
  37. Such a clever idea and easy too. Can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Your pumpkins turned out so nice. Love that duck tape.
    Found you at Happy Hour.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Ok, HAD to make the pumpkins. My favorite is the cheetah print. Taking them to my sister-in-law and HOPE they make it througe security!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Love the candy corn pumpkin! I hope I can find a candy corn pattern duct tape this year. Thanks for the instructions.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I appreciate my wonderful readers!... Debbie