Click to Visit These Popular Posts

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT DIY Spring Tulip WreathCONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Pottery Barn Inspired Nest Place Card HoldersCONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Farmhouse Spring Porch 6CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Easy Flower Pot Wreath

17 March, 2012

Blue and Yellow Easter Mantel

014With Easter quickly approaching, I decided that it was time to do a little tweaking and get my mantel ready for the holidays! For me, that was really easy because…

021 …I already had some wonderful urns filled with daffodils from my springy blue and yellow mantel. All I had to do was make a few changes…

007 …and voilà! Almost instant Easter! I still have my favorite blue and yellow color scheme…

013 …but the Staffordshire dogs have been replaced by a pair of paper mâché bunnies found at Goodwill several years ago for $1.91 each. (Don’t hate me!) They have been sitting in my stash just waiting for the perfect place…and I think I have found it!

012 In the center, the double happiness jar has been replaced by  a collection of mis-matched blue and white candlesticks (also all GW finds) topped with candles and bird’s nests filled with bright yellow eggs. Oh….wait! Those are lemons! lol

026 I love the contrast of the bunnies with all the blue and white…just Eastery enough without being too cutesy!

006 And just in case you are wondering about the where-abouts of our illustrious co-host Baby Kitty, he is taking advantage of a sunny afternoon and sneaking in an extra nap! Hmmm...not a bad idea!

006 And there you have it…one final look…my mantel all dressed in its Easter best…just waiting for the real Easter bunny to arrive! 

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed a little peek at my Easter mantel! Please visit these wonderful bloggers and their beautiful blogs to see what they are up to and to find a list of this week’s participants!
Stephanie Lynn at Under the Table and Dreaming for the Sunday Showcase Party
Sarah at Thrifty Decor Chick for Before and After Monday (first Monday of the month)
Mary at Boogieboard Cottage for Masterpiece Monday
Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday

Marty at A Stroll Thru Life for Tabletop Tuesday
Beth at The Stories of A2Z for Tutorials and Tips Tuesday
Linda at Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday

Anita at Cedar Hill Ranch for Cowgirl Up on Tuesdays
Kristin at My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia for Tuesday’s Treasures

Barb at Grits and Glamour for the Spring Mantelscape Party
Layla at The Lettered Cottage for the Spring Mantel Party
Kim at Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays
Judy at DIY by Design for Swing into Spring and the Bunny Blog Hop

Jaime Lyn at Crafty, Scrappy, Happy for Crafty, Scrappy, Happy Me on Thursdays
Gina at The Shabby Creek Cottage for Transformation Thursdays and Spring Linky Party
Sherry at No Minimalist Here for the Open House Party on Thursdays
Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
Courtney at French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
Honey at 2805 for Potpourri Friday

Heather and Vanessa at At the Picket Fence for Inspiration Friday
Debra at Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday
Sherry at The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday
Donna at Funky Junk Interiors for Saturday Nite Special

See you next time! A la prochaine!

33 comments:

  1. I love your mantel. I am so glad you posted this. I have been thinking of what to do in my dark blue living room now that I finally have a mantel I can decorate, but I don't want to go too cutesy with it and it is a fine line to walk. I think you pulled it off beautifully. I am especially inspired because I have a lot of blue and white and I was thinking of using some of it for the mantel, but I needed some images to get me going. Thx so much for sharing.

    btw, Happy St. Patrick's Day!

    Eldarose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blue and white, plus and black and white bunny! Oh my, love it all! xo Kathysue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, what a lovely Easter mantel, I love all the blue and white and of course, paired with yellow! You pulled it off perfectly! Happy St. Patty's Day.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Debbie,
    Looks so pretty. I love the plates hanging in front of the mantle too.

    You and Baby Kitty are ready for Spring.

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfection Debbie! Blue and white, with yellow and bunny. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw looking at your kitty made me miss ours. We had a brother and sister who died within a year of each other. Funny the way they find those sunny spots to bask in. Lovely mantel, the bunnies are fab.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it Debbie, it looks amazing. The bunny's are so cute. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  8. Debbie- That looks so pretty. I love the blue and yellow combo-it always looks fresh and lovely to me. Loving your little bunnies...price is unbelievable! And, lastly, you KNOW I love your kitty. I miss my kitties- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love those two bunnies and the stuffed cat is cute too.

    Bliss

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a pretty mantel! I love the blue and white, paired with yellow! So fresh and perfect for Spring/Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like spring has arrived...Those bunnies are adorable...so is Baby Kitty basking in the sun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE IT Debbie and those bunnies are the cutest!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amazing shopper you are, Debbie!
    Blue and white with yellow are a shade away from the south of France favorites - Love it!

    But - HOW did you train your cats - paperwhites growing on your table and the kitties don't keep "bonking" them??? You must be a cat whisperer.

    Mary in Oregon
    blukazam@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just perfect. All those lovely good will finds, and the lemon eggs are delightful!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Argh...where did my comment go?? Anyway, I said that it's a beautiful mantel, Debbie. I love the symmetry (hee hee) and the mismatched candleholders...well done. I remember the bunnies - adorable! Linda (p.s. I think I was with you on every purchase!)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Debbie, Love the Blue and Yellow Easter mantel. I love blue and white and yellow being my favorite color, this look is perfect. The bunny is so sweet, I hope Baby Kitty is not jealous! Happy Spring Debbie.

    ~Emily
    The French Hutch

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love it! The blue and yellow looks lovely. I haven't started decorating yet. Hugs and wishes for a beautiful day. P.S. I hope you will stop by and say hello and enter the latest giveaway too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a beautiful, *Spring-y* mantle ... the pops of yellow are such a fabulous compliment to your lovely blue and white pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I ENCATA blue china ceramics, my favorite ea.
    I found your blog and I liked the content. From today I am a follower of yours, if you want to invite you to visit my blog, if you like it, I would like to have you as a follower on my blog to keep in touch.
    For the translation, I have helped Google Translator
    With warm regards.
    Manoli.

    ReplyDelete
  20. You just can't go wrong with blue & yellow! The lemon eggs add just the right amount of humor. :@

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful, just beautiful. I had some of those pieces on your mantel and gave them away...I must be crazy but then again I don't have your talent!!!! Thanks for this post an inspiration.
    Dolly

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, I would just love to get into the GW stores you have. We have Vinnies and Salvos here in Australia but I never find treasures like you do!!!! Well done!!
    Suzyq

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh I love blue and yellow,and now putting plates on your fireplace!! Now I have seen everything. It looks great, just wish I had thought of that.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Be still my heart. This is perfection and I could sit and look at it all day. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi I love your blog. So happy to find another blue and white lover! And adding yellow is my favorite combo with it. You've really inspired me on how to makeover my livingroom in French Provencal style. I inherited the sofa from my mom and have been collecting for over 15yrs now. My kitchen is french country roosters. Thanks for sharing. I'm a new follower and hope you'll share your link at my Frugal Treasures Tuesday party.

    ReplyDelete
  26. What an absolutely gorgeous mantel. I really love that color combination. Everything is perfect. Thanks for sharing at DIYbyDesign.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Debbie,
    Thank you for sharing your pretty spring mantel here at NTT...it's always nice to have you here.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  28. Your mantel is lovely! I love blue and yellow together.
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love your mantle Debbie! It's so pretty and bright. I've always loved blue and yellow together. The bunnies are just adorable! Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  30. Debbie, your style is lovely and you blue and white always sets off everything. I just love it! And supposedly, I'm not crazy over blue, but I think it's happening! :)
    I really enjoy your posts. Thanks, Helen

    ReplyDelete
  31. Beautiful Mantel Debbie... you can never go wrong with the beautiful color combination of white/blue/yellow... it's always so inviting.. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Your mantel looks amazing. I love the blues and yellow combo.
    Sarah@budgetfriendlydecorating

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I appreciate my wonderful readers!... Debbie