Click to Visit These Popular Posts

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT DIY Spring Tulip WreathCONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Pottery Barn Inspired Nest Place Card HoldersCONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Farmhouse Spring Porch 6CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Easy Flower Pot Wreath

06 September, 2009

Thrifty Treasures/Metamorphosis Monday...or...More Vintage Tags and Some Frenchy Finds

mon It’s Monday, so it’s time to show off the great deals we have been finding and the way we have spiffed them up into decorating treasures! I am doing a double post and hooking up with Rhoda at Southern Hospitality for Today’s Thrifty Treasures and also with Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday!

page2 You may recall that in my last post, I showed you how to create your very own and very easy vintage tags (click here for instructions) and there is no denying that I went a little crazy! lol But the more I looked at them, the more I realized that they were missing something. Sooooo…

IMG_7882 I bought these vintage-looking keys at Hobby Lobby on sale for half price, added a little black organza ribbon and…

IMG_7894voilĂ ! I think the key and ribbon added some interest and some frenchiness to my tag! You will also notice that I bought an Eiffel Tower stamp, also at Hobby Lobby for half price!

IMG_7893 I have added a tag to my cloche that I won from Linda at My Shabby Rose Cottage. Hmmmm…the inside is still empty. Let’s hope my cloche block is taken care of before the party at Marty’s on September 11th! Maybe Baby Kitty has some ideas!

IMG_7930 I have also added a tag to this great wire basket that I found while Goodwill hunting with my friend Linda at Nina’s Nest for only $5.00!! I LOVE its shape…so different from anything else I have seen…and, of course…so frenchy!

IMG_7921 I have put bath necessities in it and placed it near my tub. The staff had to inspect the contents and give it their approval first.

IMG_7910 Now for a terrific bargain…the new issue of the Meredith Specials Country French decorating magazine for Fall/Winter 2009! It is more of a book than a magazine with a price tag of only $9.99!!! Wooo hooo!! If you are a fan of French country decorating books, you know that the going price is $40, so these are a steal! I love these! Plus you get to see the style of multiple decorators.

IMG_7911 By my count, this is issue number five. They have been published every Fall since 2005. If you missed out on any of them, do not despair, since they reissue them on a regular basis during the year. Each one is approximately 150 pages full of beautiful photos and wonderful decorating ideas. The ads are limited to one or two on the inside covers and are also beautiful! I have found them at Home Depot and Publix.

IMG_7935 When you open it up, you will be treated to wonderful photos like this one. I am drooling for that vaisselier full of blue and white plates! It is my dream to one day have a real one like this…a wonderful French antique!! (photo by Meredith Specials)
Ohhh….that reminds me…

IMG_7929 It may not be an antique, but I love my frenchy chair! It’s just like the ones in the photo above…well, pretty darn close…only mine came from Goodwill and only cost $20!! Now that’s my kind of deal! Until I win Mega Millions and can afford to buy an old farmhouse in Provence, then have Charles Faudree decorate it, I will keep Goodwill hunting and hoping I can beat the other ladies to the really good deals!! lol
Merci for stopping by! Please join Rhoda and Susan to see more thrifty treasures and amazing transformations from our very clever fellow bloggers! See you next time! A la prochaine!

46 comments:

  1. Love the birdcage in the first photo and your tags with the keys are so pretty. What a pretty "staff" you have. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ~WOW! Debbie I LOVE your keys with the tags idea. Soooo pretty!

    The basket is gorgeous as well. GREAT find and price.

    Chestnut says Meow to all the kitties and Happy Labor Day! ~Melissa :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debbie, thanks for coming by this week. Those are some cute key tags & those magazines look like they are wonderful to browse. My magazines are about to run over here though, so I don't think I need more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Debbie, you did find the neatest things. Sounds like your GW is beginning to have a lot more of really neat things. Isn't it fun when you find such great treasures. I love all your tags, they are just perfect, even the empty cloche looks great with one. lol Your basket for the bathroom is also such a wonderful piece, I love how you have filled it with such pretty bath items. Your staff is also just as cute and helpful as ever. Love ya. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Debbie, que ton cerveau est plein d'idées! J'adore tous - les clés, la chaise, les fiches décorées, même la queue du chat! Le panier en fer de MFP et tellement joli! J'attends avec impatience notre prochaine visite à MFP et la bonne volonté! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Debbie, I love the idea of pairing the tags with the keys and ribbon. It's so pretty! Also love the basket filled with bathroom goodies. Baby Kitty and Ozzie seem to enjoy it too!

    Hope you're enjoying the Labor Day weekend!

    XOXO, Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Debbie, what fabulous magazines! I'll have to check them out at HD. And look at Baby Kitty posing for us with Ozzie. So cute!

    I am in love with your tags and that key! Looks great!

    I thought about you today. We've had company in St. Augustine all weekend, and we were at the Columbia Restaurant in the gift shop. They had some china that is Spanish but is similar in feel to Quimper. If I wanted another pattern, I think I might just have to collect this. It's very cute and fits with St. Augustine perfectly.

    Hope you and all the kitty babies are well.

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The keys added so much beauty and interest to the tags, Debbie! I love them and your creation looks so good in the cloche..Christine

    ReplyDelete
  9. OoOoOh j'adoooooore les clefs que tu as trouvées!! Elles sont superbes! Malheureusement, nous n'avons pas de HL au Québec, et il n'en a pas non plus dans l'upstate NY et VT où je passe mes étés! *soupir*

    I'll be back, added your blog to my google reader!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, and that basket is the bee's knees! I want to go thrifting with you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Debbie, I love what you did with the wire basket in the bathroom. It's so practically beautiful. Also like that you added your gorgeous tags to the keys. I am gonna have to look for some like yours, as I have a key obsession!
    :-) Sue

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your tags too... I enjoy making them, very relaxing don't you think?.. that GW chair is wonderful and it looks perfect where you have it in your photo...Love that GW..., don't know what we'd do without it!!!... hope your having the best weekend , xoxo~Kathy @ Sweet Up-North Mornings...

    ReplyDelete
  13. The tags look wonderful on your keys. I don't have a single key that doesn't have a purpose. I need some keys that just "are". Thanks for sharing your beautiful things.

    Have a great week.

    Charla

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Debbie,
    You are so clever with those adorable tags! I love the pics of your staff! My staff of one is doing very well...his fur is looking much fuller and he is eating up a storm and gaining now that his thyroid problem is all better. :-)
    Those French country magazines/books are truly filled with eye candy, aren't they?! I think I have one of them...now I need to go look for it and see. Thanks for telling us about the back issues!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love you staff, they seem to take their job very seriously! You found some wonderful items and I love the way your made your gorgeous tags even more gorgeous with the keys and the stamp. Can't wait to see what you do with them next :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Way to go girl! You have made a good thing better!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Debbie, great finds and oh so French! I went to Hobby Lobby and purchased these stamps. Thanks for the heads up about the half price sale. I'm sure we can use these in some way for the Quimper Club meeting in October. Like your added keys. So clever and charming. Like you, I like the Country French Decorating magazines. I'll look for the new issue.
    Hope you are enjoying a nice long weekend! ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really like your tags...I want to make those for various items around my home.And I LOVE the skeleton keys! I've been looking for a set and these are too cool! I like their size and how you've placed them around your home. Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I really like the tags, keys, and the stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ahh..I love your Torti kitty and the tags are lovely too! One of the design magazines I blogged about reading at B&N last night was the first "Country French" edition you featured. It is such a lovely and inspiring "book." That chair was a great find, indeed!

    : )

    Julie M.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Debbie I love the keys added to the tags! They really do look antique, great find. And the wire basket is perfect for the bath goodies. I still can't believe you got that chair for $20.00! Oh, and I intercepted an e-mail from Baby Kitty to Sax, they were cooking up a mouse theme for your cloche - just thought I'd give you a head's up! Hugs, Kat

    ReplyDelete
  22. Old keys are such fun to decorate with. And I love the little pillow on the chair in your last photo. Soo... Cute.
    -Angela

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the wire basket with the key! Great idea to put the little hang tags on the keys.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love that wire basket! It's fantastic! I love all the tags:-)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love those keys and the antiqued look. :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your tags are stunning. I can't believe you found those keys in Hobby Lobby. Too bad there isn't one in Virginia.

    Ok I have to say that I love your blog, but I really fell in love with your staff!! I love how each has their own position. LOL. You're a hoot!!
    Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  27. those beautiful keys added sooo much to your cute tags. love them!

    ReplyDelete
  28. The keys and tags are wonderful! I laughed out loud with the tag on the cat's tail! Funny! :)
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Debbie....love what you did with the keys and the Eiffel Tower stamp....you have the best ideas...and you and Linda must have some secret GoodWill store just open for you two....because all I ever find at Goodwill is crap that nobody else wants.....I need to move to your side of town....and have you seen those adorable drawer pulls at Hobby Lobby....what great stuff....

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi Debbie,
    Great post, I loved it! I have a few questions???? 1. How do you get baby kitty to pose that pretty? 2, What is a vasselier? I just love your finds, the basket is wonderful and the cloche is so pretty! I am having to make mine out of a cheese keeper! Have a great week, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love the tags & keys! That basket is a gorgeous find too. Don't know if you got the silk paperwhites in a the fl. de lis pot at Goodwill or not, but I have one like it, and it came from Bombay Co. some years ago. Good find, if you got that thrifting!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I just love the tags especially with the key and ribbon ... made a difference! Thanks for the tutorial...want to run out to p/up some stamps to make my own. Do love the basket and how it's displayed in the bathroom. Wonderful post!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Great finds, loved the drama the black ribbon added and that chair was a deal.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  34. Love your mosaic, LOL, you now have a vintage cat? Fun post!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Beautiful tags! I'm in love! Thanks so much for sharing! And great deal on your chair! Love it!

    Roeshel :)

    ReplyDelete
  36. Those magazines are among my favorites, but I always cringe at the $10 price until I realize that they really are just like a book. I have all issues, too; and they are currently on my 'to reread and reread again' pile. Loved your wire basket. Sally

    ReplyDelete
  37. Oh Horrors..you ticketed the kitty ;-) . Cute stuff. The French Mag. sounds interesting--don't think I have seen it before.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Debbie, you HAVE found more uses for all of those tags, and they look so pretty, you crafty lady! So far, it appears to me that you have beat everyone to the good deals at GW! That chair is beautiful, and what a wonderful metal basket (I can tell the staff thinks so too). I buy those magazines at Sam's Wholesale, so they are a little less than the price on the cover. I devour them over and over again. Can't wait to get to Sam's to see if they have this new one. laurie

    ReplyDelete
  39. Hi Debbie,
    Thanks for the info! I think I need Baby Kitty to teach my kitties how to pose! LOl! Yes, I do have critters and it's kind of fun! (except don't want to see bears in my yard) Hugs, cindy

    ReplyDelete
  40. Hi Debbie! Oh, I love your beautiful tags! Your little fuzzy helpers are so darling, too!
    Oh, I love these Country French books - I have them all too!
    Thanks for sharing with me in my joyness and my daughter is due in March.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  41. I love the French Country magazine.

    My blog has just been growing like a crazy weed and I haven't been able to get by for as many visits. I miss all my blog friends.
    Come for a visit and see both of my new parties for the week. They are up every week and I hope you will participate.

    Cheri
    Its So Very Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  42. Hi Debbie,
    You have my interest! You visited my blog and made a guess on what the big roll of blue bubble wrap was and you said you could think of some uses for it and then you left me hanging??? Pray tell, what could it be used for? Do you have some wonderful crafting project I could do? Because it's still out there...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Ahhh...you pictured my most fave magazine. I never tire of looking at them over and over and over. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I appreciate my wonderful readers!... Debbie