Click to Visit These Popular Posts

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT DIY Spring Tulip WreathCONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Pottery Barn Inspired Nest Place Card HoldersCONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Farmhouse Spring Porch 6CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Easy Flower Pot Wreath

08 July, 2018

A Little Summer Antiquing

We are well into summer here in Georgia with sweltering heat and humidity so it's time for my favorite indoor sport...antiquing! lol My friend Linda and I headed out to our favorite spot, the Queen of Hearts in Alpharetta, to see what we could find. The change of seasons always guarantees some fun new finds and we were not disappointed!


I love heavy pottery pieces and the touch of glaze adds a cool summery feel. I'm also loving that beautiful swan planter.

This big earthenware urn has been speaking to me the last few times I've visited. I love those acanthus leaves!

 Nothing says summer like gardening and this fun flower pot wreath says it all!

I created my own version a few years ago and it currently resides on my front door! You can get the tutorial HERE.

Here's another cute idea! Add some flowers and greenery to a pair of children's boots and you have instant summer!

If you know me, you know I'm going to check out anything with goats or sheep...like this cute little dish.

 Hmmm....my HOA doesn't allow real sheep but this one could graze at my house!

 And you know I love this lamp, adorned with raised flowers...

 ...and this fierce goat's head!


And here are three of my favorites all rolled into one...a pillow with a sheep and French graphics!

I've been seeing lots of macramé lately...a real throw back to my earlier years when I was known to create quite a few pot hangers! lol But I've got to say that I never saw it on a pillow before and I think I really like it!

 And of course I love this one that stars a black and white cat like my Miss Kitty!

I had to linger at this display of beautiful Lunéville French faïence pottery because it brings back some pleasant memories of my time in France. I lived in Lorraine not too far from the town of Lunéville and its famous château. And I have been fortunate to find some dinnerware in the Old Strasbourg pattern pictured above. You can see it in a frenchy tablescape HERE.

This one is my favorite and it almost came home with me. It's a decanter for mirabelle...a brandy made from mirabelle plums, specialty of the French region of Lorraine.

 And I also paused to visit this French mustard pot..a reminder of my time at the University of Dijon.

I can't let a visit go by without sharing at least one tureen...and this one is a little jewel in my favorite blue and white! Sadly, nothing came home with me this time, although I almost bought a wonderful regular-sized tureen in white!

And as for the staff, they are also busy with their favorite indoor sport...cat TV. A bird feeder attached to the window is providing hours of fun!

We hope you are finding ways to stay cool in the summer heat as well!


Also find me at…
Facebook Pinterest Twitter Hometalk Subscribe Email
Enter your email to have Plate Addict's blog posts delivered Delivered by FeedBurner
You may unsubscribe at any time by clicking on the link at the bottom of the email.
Click HERE to read my Privacy Policy.
Follow on Bloglovin

3 comments:

  1. I love a good visit to the vintage shop to just dream! Fun finds and I also am trying to bring much less home with me these days. I have bird feeders for cat tv also. Annie loves them!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many wonderful finds! Don't know what the sheep statue cost, but I won't have been able to come home without him to graze in my herb garden.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness so many wonderful items, wish I could beam myself from Southern California to Georgia and shop at The Queen of Hearts. Have a wonderful day

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I appreciate my wonderful readers!... Debbie