Click to Visit These Popular Posts

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT DIY Spring Tulip WreathCONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Pottery Barn Inspired Nest Place Card HoldersCONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Farmhouse Spring Porch 6CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Easy Flower Pot Wreath

13 December, 2017

Scandinavian Inspired Christmas Tablescape

I'm so excited to be taking part in the 'Tis the Season Christmas Home Tour today! If you are coming from The Honeycomb Home...welcome! If you have been following my previous Christmas posts, you know that I am using a Scandinavian theme in my home this Christmas and my dining room is no exception!



I'm loving the traditional red and white...with lots of green sprinkled in for good measure!

It all starts with the centerpiece starring the traditional reindeer and tree silhouettes that you see so frequently in Scandinavian décor at Christmas time. They are surrounded by a garland filled with pine cones, red velvet ribbon...

...and ornaments that even have the look of a Nordic sweater!

You know I was thrilled when I found these plates with that same traditional pattern! They are layered on simple white plates and galvanized chargers. I am using my favorite chunky Octette pewter flatware by Gorham.  I love the way the patina just adds to the rustic charm!

And I even have the matching goblets!

An over-sized sleigh bell continues the look...

...tied up in a velvet ribbon with berries and a twig of Leland Cyprus.

Helping to add a glow to the table are my DIY TARGET DOLLAR SPOT CHRISTMAS CANDLES. They were so easy to make and I love the way they turned out!

Here's a look from another angle with my hutch in the background.

It's decorated simply this year with a faux bay leaf wreath...

...and a special favorite...my mom's vintage Red Cliff ironstone tureen!

The sleigh bell motif continues on my POTTERY BARN INSPIRED JINGLE PILLOW...a Christmas favorite!

On the buffet on the opposite side of the room, you will find another nod to the reindeer motif...a favorite souvenir from a thrifting trip with my sister. In addition, there's a wooden bowl filled with red and green ornaments...

...and a double happiness jar full of several varieties of faux eucalyptus and some sprigs of berries. Please note that eucalyptus is very toxic for cats and, especially if you have a chewer like me, it's best to use faux. I don't want my furbabies to get sick!

And...the best surprise of all...while I was taking photos, we were having a rare early December snow here in Georgia! Just check out the view from my window!

I was not the only one loving it! My little Iris, our youngest addition to my staff, was fascinated by the falling snow! Her antics are really brightening up the Christmas season this year!

Thanks so much for coming by! Be sure to visit all of the homes in our tour! A special thank you goes out to our hostess, Barb at The Everyday Home, for doing all the hard work.  Please be sure to continue the tour by heading over to A Blue Nest. And, just in case you missed any, you can check out all of the homes on our tour listed at the end of this post!

Remember to pin it!


Welcome to the 'Tis the Season Blog Hop hosted by Barb Garrett and The Everyday Home.

We may be a lot later getting our Christmas decor out than some others - but you know how the ole' saying goes.  "It's Better Late Than Never." 
Please make sure you visit all of these amazing blogs for some last minute decorating ideas. 

- MONDAY -


- TUESDAY -


- Wednesday -




Also find me at…
Facebook Pinterest Twitter Hometalk Subscribe Email
Enter your email to have Plate Addict's blog posts delivered Delivered by FeedBurner
Follow on Bloglovin

14 comments:

  1. Your home is so bright and cheery. I love those Nordic sweater plates. They are so fun and you've done a wonderful job combining them with so many great elements on the table. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deb... just beautiful as always! The Christmas red and green with your blue & white is purrrrfect! Thanks for sharing the lovely Miss Iris with us too! What a lovely addition to your staff. Christmas Blessings! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the dishes and the cut out's on the table. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your table looks beautiful, I love those sweater plates!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful and so colorful Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything is so perfect for a Scandinavian themed Christmas! Love the new plates and the chargers. I too have a love for reindeer and you have some very unique and unusual ones.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, Debbie! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your kitties are so cute. How delightful they must be for you. I love Scandi style Christmas and the blue and red is my favorite. Everything is so perfect. Thank you for sharing your inspiration.
    Merry Christmas! Jo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like you'll have a merry time eating at this table, love the plates and chargers,thanks for sharing this wonderful setting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love all the red! So festive and fun! Also enjoyed seeing your hutch decked out in the blue and white. Everything tied together so beautifully. What a joyful dining room. I've so enjoyed hopping with you. Happy Holidays! Susie from The Chelsea Project

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely table setting, so festive and bright! Enjoy the holidays and your beautiful home.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your Scandinavian tablescape is stunning with the red accent color. I love the galvanized chargers and the large bells, it all looks amazing! Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful home and it has been a joy to share the tour with you!
    Merry Christmas
    Miz Helen
    Miz Helen's Country Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your Scandinavian plates are so cute! I love how you let them be the inspiration for your tablescape. But I have to say I was most blown away by the blue and white dishes in your hutch! You have a beautiful collection!! So glad to do this hop with you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You brought your lovely Christmas decorating to perfection. From the sweater plates to the Dollar Spot candles. The bright red and green are really beautiful. Your home is inspiring any time of year. Thanks for sharing, Debbie. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I appreciate my wonderful readers!... Debbie