The first requirement for turning a placemat into a pillow by my super-easy method is this…it must be lined or have a backing. If it is a single layer of fabric, it will not work. They are relatively easy to find, though, so be on the lookout!
Here's what you will need:
- A double-sided or lined placemat (Mine came from Target at $4.50)
- Poly fiberfill for stuffing
- Seam ripper
- Needle and thread
And here's what you will do:
- Using the seam ripper, carefully open the seam about 5 or 6 inches along the bottom edge. You may have to open both the top stitching and the actual seam.
- Stuff the fiberfill into the pillow until you are satisfied with the fullness.
- Using a needle and thread, stitch it closed. If you prefer, you could machine stitch, but I could hand stitch in the amount of time it would take me to set up my portable machine.
And here it is! Isn’t it a cutie? And it literally took only minutes to make!And at under $5.00 it was a super bargain compared to those other pillows from $30 and up!
And here’s another fun way to create a pillow from something unexpected…my CHRISTMAS JACKET PILLOW! A trip to the thrift store can yield a fun assortment of possibilities!
And stay tuned because the Christmas-ing is just getting started at my house and I have lots more to share!
Remember to pin it!
Thanks for stopping by! Please visit these wonderful bloggers and their beautiful blogs to see what they are up to and to find a list of this week’s participants.
Thrifty Decor Chick for Before and After Monday , Between Naps on the Porchfor Metamorphosis Monday , The Stories of A2Z for Tutorials and Tips Tuesday , Coastal Charm for the Show and Share Party , A Stroll thru Life for Inspire Me Tuesday , My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia for Inspire Me Monday, Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays , The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home on Thursdays, French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday , Craftberry Bush for the Inspiration Gallery on Friday, Tatertots & Jello for the Link Party Palooza on Fridays
See you next time! À la prochaine!