On a recent trip to Dollar Tree I spied a wonderful little collection of potted faux succulents and knew I had what I need at last! I also loved the assortment and size...perfect for my wreath! So now I could make my wreath for cost a total of about $25...1/4 the cost of the Pottery Barn version! Wooo hooo!
Here's what you will need:
- Grapevine wreath (bought with a coupon at Hobby Lobby)
- 20 or so faux succulents (from Dollar Tree)
- Reindeer moss (bought with a coupon at Hobby lobby)
- Hot glue gun
- Elmer's glue
- Jute twine (to hang the wreath)
And here's what you will do:
- Remove the plants from the pots, making sure to leave the little spikes in place.
- Arrange the plants on the grapevine wreath in a pattern that pleases you.
- Using a glue gun, attach the plants to the wreath, being careful not to burn yourself.
- Tear off bits of the moss and, using Elmer's glue, attach the moss in the bare spots. Be certain to use Elmer's glue for this part since you will need to press the moss down with your fingers and do not want to be burned!
- Tie the twine in a loop at the top.
And here it is at last...my faux succulent wreath! And for only $25 I couldn't be more pleased! I think I will hit Dollar Tree for a few more of those succulents, too, since I have another project in mind for them!
EASY FLOWER POT WREATH! It was so much fun to make and you can fill the pots with whatever you wish! How about you? Do you have some ideas for unusual items or plants that can be used in a wreath?
Remember to pin it!
Thanks for stopping by! Please visit these wonderful bloggers and their beautiful blogs to see what they are up to and to find a list of this week’s participants.
Thrifty Decor Chick for Before and After Monday , Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday , The Stories of A2Z for Tutorials and Tips Tuesday , Coastal Charm for the Show and Share Party , A Stroll thru Life for Inspire Me Tuesday , My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia for Inspire Me Monday, Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays , The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home on Thursdays, French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday , Craftberry Bush for the Inspiration Gallery on Friday, Tatertots & Jello for the Link Party Palooza on Fridays
See you next time! À la prochaine!