If it looks familiar, it’s based on the same idea as the Easy Shamrock Wreath that I created for Saint Paddy’s Day last year. Even then I knew that I wanted to make one for Valentine’s Day and had to wait a whole year to get to do it!
Here’s what you will need:
- A grapevine wreath (about 15 inches)
- Approximately 35 strips of burlap measuring 1” x 8” (I just raided my scrap stash, but 1/3 of a yard of burlap will be more than enough.)
- Felt squares in red, pink and white (2 squares of red, 2 of pink and 1 of white)
- Print-out of the heart template found here (Note that I printed it at 150% to get the size that I wanted.)
- Hot glue gun
- Jute twine (to hang the wreath)
And here’s what you will do:
- Tie the strips of burlap to the wreath, spacing them evenly throughout the wreath.
- Using the template, cut out the hearts in three different sizes. (I cut 9 large hearts in red, 9 medium hearts in pink and 9 small hearts in white .)
- Hot glue the hearts to the wreath, spacing them evenly throughout the wreath.
- Tie a loop of jute twine to the back of the wreath to hang it.
And here it is! I love the way the burlap adds lots of texture and the festive look of the felt hearts!
And be sure to head over to see what these talented ladies are sharing for your Valentine’s Day celebration!
Remember to pin it!
Under the Table and Dreaming for the Sunday Showcase Party , Thrifty Decor Chick for Before and After Monday , Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday , The Stories of A2Z for Tutorials and Tips Tuesday , Coastal Charm for the Show and Share Party , A Stroll thru Life for Inspire Me Tuesday , My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia for Inspire Me Monday, Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays , French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday , Common Ground for Be Inspired on Fridays , The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday , Craftberry Bush for the Inspiration Gallery on Friday, Tatertots & Jello for the Link Party Palooza on Fridays
See you next time! À la prochaine!
Also find me at…