Click to Visit These Popular Posts

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT DIY Spring Tulip WreathCONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Pottery Barn Inspired Nest Place Card HoldersCONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Farmhouse Spring Porch 6CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Easy Flower Pot Wreath

02 March, 2015

Easy Shamrock Wreath

Woo hoo! March is here…so can spring be far behind? That also means that in just a couple of weeks, it will be time for Saint Paddy’s Day! I’m part Irish, so that’s always fun for me! Sooo…to celebrate, I created this shamrock wreath…so fun and easy to make! It was inexpensive, too, since most of the supplies came from my stash. And…I love that it is not too over-the-top!



CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT St. Patrick's Day Shamrock Wreath suppliesMy inspiration came from a lovely wreath from Consie at Atop Serenity Hill that I found here. She’s a fabulous artist and I …errr…am not, so I just made a few changes to better suit my lack of talent capabilities.
Here’s what you will need:
  • A grapevine wreath (about 15 inches)
  • Approximately 50 strips of burlap measuring 1” x 6” (I just raided my scrap stash, but 1/3 of a yard of burlap will be more than enough.)
  • Felt squares in three shades of green (1 square of light green, 1 of dark green and 2 of medium green)
  • Print-out of the shamrock template found here
  • Hot glue gun
  • Jute twine (to hang the wreath)
And here’s what you will do:
  1. Tie the strips of burlap to the wreath, spacing them evenly throughout the wreath.
  2. Using the template, cut out the shamrocks in three different sizes.  (I cut 5 large shamrocks in medium green, 5 medium shamrocks in medium green, 10 small shamrocks in light green and 5 small shamrocks in dark green.)
  3. Hot glue the shamrocks to the wreath, spacing them evenly throughout the wreath.
  4. Tie a loop of jute twine to the back of the wreath to hang it.

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT St. Patrick's Day Shamrock Wreath detail I love the way the different shades of green felt add some depth to the look of the wreath, while the burlap adds lots of texture!

And here it is…ready to let my home join in on the wearin’ o’ the green! Erin go Bragh!



Remember to pin it!


Thanks for stopping by! Please visit these wonderful bloggers and their beautiful blogs to see what they are up to and to find a list of this week’s participants. 
Under the Table and Dreaming for the Sunday Showcase Party , Thrifty Decor Chick for Before and After Monday , Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday , The Stories of A2Z for Tutorials and Tips Tuesday , Coastal Charm for the Show and Share Party , A Stroll thru Life for Inspire Me Tuesday , My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia for Inspire Me Monday, Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays Common Ground for Share Your Style on Thursdays ,   French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday , The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday , Craftberry Bush for the Inspiration Gallery on Friday, Tatertots & Jello for the Link Party Palooza on Fridays
See you next time! À la prochaine!

Also find me at…
Facebook Pinterest Twitter Hometalk Subscribe Email

Enter your email to have Plate Addict's blog posts delivered


Delivered by FeedBurner

Follow on Bloglovin

5 comments:

  1. Ta couronne est magnifique Debbie ! J'adore ! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your version came out just fabulous, Debbie! PS...you ARE an artist! Just look what you made!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the Shamrock wreath, it's as cute as can be!! I plan to try my hand at one this weekend. Thank you for sharing it!
    Karri

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it...I like the loose burlap ties. Would also look nice for a Valentine's version too...thanks for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I appreciate my wonderful readers!... Debbie