Pomegranates just make a statement all on their own, but add a few touches of texture and galvanized bling, in addition to some candles for that warm glow, and you have a holiday table accent that will catch everyone’s attention!
Here’s what you will need for each candleholder:
- A fresh pomegranate
- Spanish moss (Mine came fro Dollar Tree)
- A small galvanized container that fits your pomegranate (Mine came from Hobby Lobby, but a tin can or a small clay flower pot could work as well.)
- Jute twine
- Small candles that fit in the top of the pomegranate (Mine came from Hobby Lobby’s Christmas section and are 1/2 inch wide and 4 inches high. The little candles that fit in angel chimes and towers would work as well. If all else fails, you can always use the top portion of a taper candle.)
And here’s what you will do:
- Stuff the container with a couple of plastic bags. This allows the fruit to have more height and makes it easier to add the moss.
- Cover the plastic bags with Spanish moss, allowing it to hang over the edge of your container just a little and hide the bags inside the container.
- Scrape those little flower-looking thingies…an actual botanical term!..yep ;-) from the inside of the pomegranate top with a knife, being careful not to cut it. It’s now the perfect size for the candles and even has a little spikey thingy (another botanical term!) in the center to help hold the candle in place.
- Add the candle to the top by twisting it just enough to make it fit in the little hole.
Now just tie on some jute twine, light the candles and sit back and wait for your guests to ooooh and aaaaah! As always when using candles, use caution and do not leave them unattended.
I love the rustic look and the texture! And because you do not cut them, they should last for a while…nice!
And just in case you are looking for more ideas for Christmas candles, here are my French sheet music candles…easy to make and practically free! All you need is some glass jars and the free graphic for the sheet music! Easy!
Or here’s another spin on candles for Christmas…my Wisteria inspired sheet music candles. And as always, I have provided the graphics for you!
Please be sure to visit these very talented bloggers in the Celebrations of Home crew to see what these ladies are sharing and get a head start on your Christmas decorating and ho-ho-ho-ing!
Remember to pin it!
Thanks for stopping by! Please visit these wonderful bloggers and their beautiful blogs to see what they are up to and to find a list of this week’s participants.
Under the Table and Dreaming for the Sunday Showcase Party , Thrifty Decor Chick for Before and After Monday , Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday , The Stories of A2Z for Tutorials and Tips Tuesday , Coastal Charm for the Show and Share Party , A Stroll thru Life for Inspire Me Tuesday , My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia for Inspire Me Monday, Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays , Common Ground for Share Your Style on Thursdays , French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday , The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday , Craftberry Bush for the Inspiration Gallery on Friday, Tatertots & Jello for the Link Party Palooza on Fridays
See you next time! À la prochaine!