Here’s what you will need:
- Styrofoam balls
- Fabric scraps in stars and stripes patterns (Mine came from Hobby Lobby.)
- Straight pins
- All-purpose glue such as Elmers
And here’s what you will do:
- Tear the fabric into one inch strips by first cutting a slit and then ripping the fabric. You may have to make one odd-sized strip to get the fabric started. After that, each strip should be the same size.
- Pin the end of one of the strips to the ball and begin winding it. The pin will be hidden under the fabric as you wind. If it is not long enough, just pin it in place along with the next strip and keep winding until the whole ball is covered.
- Once the ball is completely covered, cut the last strip to the right length and glue it in place. Add a straight pin to hold it until the glue dries.
However, Baby Kitty says that the strips make fun toys and it’s nice to leave one or two of them around for your furry friends!
And that’s it! Easy peasy! I love the way the torn edges add texture and give them a rustic look…
…that goes perfectly with my grandmother’s dough bowl! They will make a great centerpiece for our 4th of July cookout!
Or they also look very festive in a large glass vase…
…or in a galvanized lantern! However, you would want to use LED candles or perhaps not light the candle as is my plan.
Here’s another look…and they would also be fun for Memorial Day and Flag Day as well! They are so easy that you could even get the kids to help you make them!
And if you are on the lookout for more easy ideas for patriotic décor, here is my Pottery Barn inspired patriotic banner…and you don’t have to be able to sew a stitch to create this one!
Or for another super-easy last minute idea, here are my stars and stripes burlap candle holders which also double as vases.
And finally, one of my favorites and another Pottery Barn inspired idea…my stars and stripes burlap pillow! And I have even more ideas for patriotic décor in the works so stay tuned!
Don't forget to pin it !
Thanks for stopping by! Please visit these wonderful bloggers and their beautiful blogs to see what they are up to and to find a list of this week’s participants.
Under the Table and Dreaming for the Sunday Showcase Party , Thrifty Decor Chick for Before and After Monday , Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday , The Stories of A2Z for Tutorials and Tips Tuesday , Coastal Charm for the Show and Share Party , A Stroll thru Life for Inspire Me Tuesday , My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia for Inspire Me Monday, Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays , Common Ground for Share Your Style on Thursdays , French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday , The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday , Craftberry Bush for the Inspiration Gallery on Friday, Tatertots & Jello for the Link Party Palooza on Fridays
See you next time! À la prochaine!
Also find me at…